How about a new T-shirt,,,,,,,,,,,KLIPSCH?

mandi

make mine basic black please, to go with the new website. Everybody knows that good guys wear black. Besides, with the gold logo it'd look great at Purdue football games (sorry IndyKlipshFan). If'n I get a white shirt, it gets a food stain right away- don't know HOW that happens.

----------------

On 9/7/2004 3:12:08 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

make mine basic black please, to go with the new website. Everybody knows that good guys wear black. Besides, with the gold logo it'd look great at Purdue football games (sorry IndyKlipshFan). If'n I get a white shirt, it gets a food stain right away- don't know HOW that happens.

----------------

I'm partial to the pre-1975 "PWK" logo.

Ditto the black! I won't have a white shirt a week before I've gotten a hot sauce stain on it!

Okay the 'design by committee' thus far has a small pink tank top with.... oh, sorry that's the shirt for my models.

Team Klipsch shirt, good fabric, possibly polo, avail in what, L-XXL, black with gold logo (small on front, lg on back) possibly long sleeve with KLIPSCH down one arm (very cool trendy skater-type shirt, I'm led to believe.

Is there a price point we're looking for or can we give the powers an approx order quantity from Forum members? Maybe we should give them a run on their current stock with the expectation that the next batch will be 'our' new design. After all, I wouldn't product anything if the current products weren't flying off the shelves. Maybe we could help ourselves to some logo merchandise and Klipsch would help us out in return?

Michael

----------------

On 9/7/2004 1:04:53 PM TBrennan wrote:

Wearing clothing that advertises consumer products is very, ahhh, tacky.

Before I came to this realization I had foolishly spent money on Mr. Coffee T-shirts, a Mr. Coffee belt buckle, a Mr. Coffee wallet, Mr. Coffee decals for my truck and a couple of Mr. Coffee tatoos.

----------------

Well, good lord. Anyone would think Mr. Coffee clothing would be tacky!

I like the black collared polo idea with just a simple gold Klipsch logo. Now the black T-shirt (longsleeve or short) can have the big logo on the back. Anyone see the T on ebay with the kid sitting on a LaScala? I thought that was pretty cool. Too small or I would of bid.

----------------

On 9/7/2004 1:04:53 PM TBrennan wrote:

Wearing clothing that advertises consumer products is very, ahhh, tacky.

Before I came to this realization I had foolishly spent money on Mr. Coffee T-shirts, a Mr. Coffee belt buckle, a Mr. Coffee wallet, Mr. Coffee decals for my truck and a couple of Mr. Coffee tatoos.
----------------

Ahhha, but the Wal-Mart apparel is just too cool. I love the Wal-Mart logo ball caps. Hell Tom, they only charge six bucks for them! I have a relative with a discount card. Will gladly take orders from BB members. Three $ each.

Go Hogs. Beat Texas. ( just like we did last year)

TC

Well, I agree with Tom B. (again). There is something tacky about serving as free advertising for a manufacturer. And it is somewhat trademark snobishment in the fashion world.

Sometimes it can't be avoided. Consider that just about all automobiles have the manufacturer's logo. Removing such stuff is called "shaving" in customizing circles.

It is also annoying that Klipsch now has an NBA player endorsing the product. It makes about as much sense as Klipsch endorceing sports equipment.

None the less, clever ad campaigns might be worth wearing.

I think Klipsch could have a line of tee shirts with the logo of "Beethoven Loves Klipsch, and Klipsch Loves Beethoven." Then have a graphic of a bust of Ludwig on a K-Horn, with a big grin.

Naturally this could be expanded to other (long dead) oomposers and models of speakers.

The good point is, of course, that the Estate of LVB is not around to demand royalties. Make sure the borrowed illustrations have lapsed copyrights too.

"Bach loves bass notes, and so does Klipsch"

Maybe Indy will send me a few tee shirts in gratitude for the suggestion.

Smile.

Gil