The wait is over , finally got my belle !!!!!!!!

Dale W

The biggest thank you goes out to greg928s4 ( greg roberts ) for kindly offering me a single walnut belle after more then a years searching .

She arrived at her new home yesterday , shipping thru UPS went perfect as was gregs bullet proof packaging . 1 week all the way from maine to the west coast of canada is pretty good shipping time .

I can't thank greg enough for his kind offer and ending my long search, he's been a pleasure to deal with .

I'd also like to thank all the other klipsch members that have e-mailed and phoned me offering to split a pair for center channel use , i'm sure i bid on 10 or more pairs with different guys off e-bay .

Considering the good shape of this girl , she will likly see duty with my stained and laquered birch " b " style 1987 khorns , i'd hate to put her with my black 1989 khorns , just did'nt look right .

center7.jpg

post-10527-1381925781575_thumb.jpg

Damon : lol

Ya , it's just sitting there for the sake of taking a picture . I'm currently building a new theater room ( 24 x 20 ) that will see a 12 foot screen on the front wall and front projector .

The k's will take main duties and the belle will sit center stage right under the screen . Rears will be looked after by either a pair of 511b mod'ed lascala's or another pair of klipschorns . I've yet to decide which i'm going to use .

Thanks to you to damon , to bad we missed that pair that was so close to you .

Indy : There just risers , originaly ( 10 years ago ) i was kicking around the idea of building my own " Subs " so i built a riser with a 3 inch kickbase that is exactly the same as the HF headset only it has a cut back " V " in the center just like the belle .

I was going to mount ( angled as you can see , for better room dispersion ) 4 servo type subs in these lower units ( 2 in each speaker )

but never got around to it . Second plan was some lowther full range drivers i picked up at liquidation of a local audio retailer .

None of these idea's have been put into place due to the extremly high demands i have on my free time as of late . Audio as a hobby kind of phased out for me about 8 years ago and as of finding and joining the klipsch forum a few years back i've once again sparked some intrest.

I've got parts and pieces and drivers and horns and crossovers and everything imaginable stashed away under my work bench just waiting for the day i want to start playing again .

Plus a collection of klipsch speakers nearly as extensive as yours 2.gif

I am not sure how we get to aquire so many speakers.. I am afraid to really tell on here just how many..LOL. I never was comfortable with the ceiling whole house speaker thing inter communication systems. Now if Klipsch did make one.. I might of considered it too. LOL.

Oh well, different rooms, different purposes, different outcomes/feels too. It is all good!!

Thanx craig , i'm getting closer but not done yet 3.gif

Backburner : This is but " ONE " room in my house , the tube gear is all upstairs with my black 1989 klipschorns .

This room was my tv room and now i've decided to build a " Theater olny room "

for that job .

This room is just to small for my present and future requirements , it's olny 15 x 18 . So packing in a pair of klipschorns for mains and a pair of lascalas as rears , a cf-7 center and 2 klipsch subs leave very little area to move around or furnish .

Glad to hear that it arrived safe and sound. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

This is the Belle that Gary (garymd) so thoughtfully picked up for me and held for nearly 6 months until I could make the trip down to Baltimore to get it.

A good example of how our extended Klipsch family helps each other out. It makes me smile. One good deed . . .

Greg

Glad it arrived in one piece.... esp with that UPS from he11 thread about damaged goods. Like I had mentioned to you... I dislike UPS with a passion, but have never received damaged parcels.

Hopefully the belle will live up to your expectations, given how hard youve hunted for it.

Later...

Rob

I would like to see how Greg got that thing packed to go via UPS. If he can do a Belle I should be able to do a Cornwall or two. I would like to know what materials that he used to get it packed safe enough within the confines of the dimensions. Was it double-walled carboard and 2-3" thick pieces of styrofoam. Greg?

I Wrapped the speaker in plastic and then in a layer of cardboard. Then I made a box from a larger box (sometimes I just use large pieces of cardboard.

If you unfold a small box flat, you can see how a box is made. I just follow the same outline only with the larger dimensions that I need and make my cuts. I glue the overlapping side together with contact cement and assemble it.

I lined the inside with 2" foam insulation on the bottom and the 4 sides. The Belle slid tightly inside the box. I topped it off with 2" of foam and taped the box tightly.

Insured it!

Cornwalls are no problem fitting the UPS dimensions, you could even use additional foam.

BTW, the Belle with all the packing was over the weight restriction of 150 lbs. so I sent the K-33 in a separate box.

Greg

I remember very well the day I picked it up. I was in a rush to get the speaker then pick up my daughter and of course the seller gave bad directions. I was on the phone with Greg and his wife trying to figure out where I was going when I finally flagged someone down who knew the street I was looking for. Two really hip looking jazz fanatics were waiting for me in the garage with the belle. It had wheels mounted to the base so it was real easy to maneuver. They had been using it in a mono system for over 25 years.

The hard part was carrying out of my van, onto the house and down the basement stairs by myself before the wife got home.6.gif I don't think I'll ever try that again although I did make it in the nick of time. For those who've seen me, I'm not a real big guy and still don't know how I managed.

I'm glad it made it safely to its final destination. I'm curious though Greg. What made you decide not to use it yourself?