WHOA!!! New Klipsch Reference KILLERS!!!

kenratboy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of buying the RF7's but held off knowing there would be new "7's" coming of the line. If these are indeed replacements for the RF7 then I might not.

They might sound great, but they won't match my current R gear. I'm also dubious just from the look of them. They look a hell-o-lot smaller, but jpegs can be deceiving.

If I read http://www.klipsch.com/newscenter/press.aspx?cid=624 correctly, the drivers on the floorstanders are 6.5's, whereas the RF7's are 10's.

Another thing that I noticed is that it's a 5.1 rig.

The last thing I wonder about are the rears. The LR and RR are identical. Same thing with the THX Ultra2's. The right woofer is on top, and the left woofer is on the bottom.

In all it's about the sound. I'm sure they sound great and my current Reference line has become somewhat "heritage."

I hope they keep making RF-7's.... those are what I really want to buy... someday down the road.

Those, I am sure, sound great... but the plastic bothers me a lot. The subwoofer looks ok, though. I also think that you just can't beat the solid copper woofers of the RF-7's (and I mean the original woofers-- not the new Rx-x5 series woofers... the copper dustcap is not attractive...).

----------------

On 9/13/2004 3:10:02 AM white_shadow wrote:

If I read
correctly, the drivers on the floorstanders are 6.5's, whereas the RF7's are 10's.

----------------

There's no way the floorstanders can be 6.5" drivers. The passive radiator on the sub is 18". Use that as a reference for all the other speakers.1.gif

The 6.5" remark was about the 2-way surrounds... look at the picture and compare the sizes of those drivers to the drivers in the mains. I would probably guess they're still 10's. It's kind of interesting that they made the surrounds 6.5s though... But since they're dual 6.5s, they have a cone area of 264 sq. inches versus 201 sq. inch from a single 8" driver. I guess that's meant to match their presence and power to the mains.

very pretty stuff but did I hear, ahmmm, $14,000? well I would rather buy some heritage stuff for that...let's see, go to e-bay...pick up 2 nice klipschorns for $2,500, a belle or la scala center for $2,000, a pair of heresy surrounds for $1,000 and lastly a velodyne DD-18 super sub for $4,000...I get my ideal theater set up for $9,500...JMTC, YMMV, IMHO, regards, tony

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Klipsch its just when will you realease these,I AM A BUYER! Hear that A BUYER I AM

The new sub looks a bit like my paradigm Sig Servo 9.gif Yep I am a BUYER

Damn finally some pure high end and maybe some competition for the real deal heritage line 9.gif

Thank you Klipsch,thank you 1.gif