Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 10/17/2004 10:56:29 AM donwin wrote:

I own a RSW15 and was thinking of another sub....

Interested on how you have set up your 3 RSW15's?

One in Front ...Two at Back....Or??

----------------

I don't want to thread-jack here so I'll just say watch the thread "New tower of Monster Slam"... I'll be posting photos shortly.

I think part of it is SVS uses in a way this board as a "Sales Brochure." Look at the many posts by people who constantly say almost like a script...

I am looking for a great sub, any suggestions. A number of posts later, I got my SVS, thanks guys!!

Some even so blind as, "I never heard of the Klipsch subs, I hear they suck!!" (on the Klipsch Board even takes balls.)

Most we never hear from again.

Now before you think I am "way out of line" look at how many posts in this thread are about SVS.. Read the "tone too" of many of them. I have heard the SVS subs myself, and they are nice. THAT SAID, I think a LOT of people if they heard the RSW line or the new THX line.. Might be "swayed" at least to seriously consider Klipsch for subs too. To order a product over the internet without a lot of people hearing them, (no matter how good the return policy is) is amazing to me how well they have done.

I know on the SVS site, it said how did you hear from us at one time and www.Klipsch.com was an option? I think if say SVS had 8 posts to every 10 why Klipsch kicks their arse here and there in a discussion forum at some point they might tick off too.

BTW, the RSW 15" I have with the K horns, as well as the THX sub amp and 2 subs for the HT room, works incredible with K horns, Cornwalls, and La Scalas.

Those looking for that "ultimate heritage sub" will find it in the new THX Sub amp and 2 subs. Thats MY guarantee to you. Worth about as much as anything else on the net. You just have to try it for yourself IMO!

----------------

On 10/17/2004 12:41:00 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I never said DON'T talk about other subs...Just suggested to give Klipsch the same coverage. As I have stated before, SVS and others are fine products. And yes, I do wish we could sale at the same prices as the "internet only dealers". But when it comes down to it, we play on a bigger field. We compare our products to what you can find in the specialty retailers store.

SVS does not play on that field.

We try to read as much of the post here as we can. There are very few post or members that we delete. I started this thread due to the many email we received on the subject. It was just a suggestion, not a rule.

We have new subs in the making. I can't tell about them, but I can say that none of them will be sold on the internet by Klipsch or our dealers.

----------------

Hello:

Thank you for your clarification, Trey.

I trust this will end speculation over the subject and,

all projections regarding OTHER Forum Sections and,

the issues of credibility as we make recommendations and,

ability to have informed discussions and,

the "right" - actually privilege - of open informed discussions on the Forum/

NOW all we have to do is to wait to see the new Sub-woofers you mentioned are coming - noting the quality of the electronics used yo make the Amplifier, Woofer and the cabinet which we know CAN exceed $500.00.

As a Forum Member, I give my apologies for any grief that you or others may have had to endure as we discussed the full meaning of what was ACTUALLY meant.

Respectfully,

dodger Win2.gif

----------------

On 10/17/2004 9:43:12 AM Jay481985 wrote:

----------------

On 10/17/2004 3:26:44 AM pinipig523 wrote:

----------------

On 10/14/2004 10:24:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

Trey you are the man

Finally a moderator steps in,with all the "My new huge NON Klipsch woofer project","SveeeS(NON KLIPSCH)is the best in my little shallow world" and "I want to build a cheap(NON KLIPSCH)sub using a paper towel tube and a headphone amp from eeBay plus that piezzo buzzer with a super long throw piston" threads I would get sick too.
3.gif

We need more patriotic TOWER OF KLIPSCH SLAM like I started a few months back(where you could see my three RSW's stacked.
16.gif

Next time an infidel dares post his powered toilet paper tubes,punish him.

Proud owner of four RF7's,two RF5's,an RC7,all three RSW subs,LoudMedia 5.1Ultra,Quintet sats

1.gif

----------------

Dont I remember you rebeliing against the idea of ONLY Klipsch subwoofer talk and u said...

"Since we live under BIG brother's watch and the Klipsch police is rampant,making arrests around the forum I am FORCED to point the RSW15

Let democracy be true and allow me to point a SVS PB2-Plus
11.gif
"

I find you a FLIPFLOPPER on this subject Ear... hehehe.
2.gif

----------------

pinipig523 i pointed that out in another thread but all it was to do was to point out to the ear and also be humorously done. That was a long time ago, let bygones be bygones.

Also TheEar, a battleship has a 406 mm gun not 400....
2.gif3.gif9.gif

----------------

Hey man, I was just joking... notice the "2.gif "? Ear knows Im kidding too.

Indy

I am still here. Also I frequent the SPoT where I have posted numerous times. I must say when I started looking for alternatives to the RSW10 Tom V spent roughly 1.5 hours on the phone with me and a good amount of email not selling me a subwoofer but helping me get the most out of the RSW10. Not to mention he is a big klipsch fan.

Looking at the 2 channel section I see a lot of talk on tube amps especially the Scott. In the HT section I see a lot of talk on Denon, B&K and Harmon all the while there is very little talk on Aragon in this particular section. I do agree there is a lot of talk of SvS and perhaps this isn't the forum for that. Manyof the SvS chatters have contributed to this board in various capacities other than simply subwoofers.

As much as I would like to have a RSW 15 or two the financial impact is out of the question. Due to space limitations my HT benefits from a downfiring sub. I do not think the KSW line would be a good match for the RF7s, but I could be wrong.

Anyone want to buy my Klipsch?

----------------

On 10/18/2004 6:06:19 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

...all the while there is very little talk on Aragon in this particular section.

----------------

Aragon have had some big raps by those that have reviewed them. The new designs certainly look the part and the sound is up there with the best.

Lacking though are integrated amplifier designs. One design that could compete in the budget to midfi section of the market, and another to compete at the Mark Levinson/Krell/McIntosh end. Don't laugh.

There is a resurgence in interest in integrated amplifiers. Especially one that could offer a home theatre bypass mode.

As a new member to this Forum, I would like to add this,

I am a Senior Moderator on a Forum for a big American Car audio brand to which I am very loyal.

And this is the fine line I must walk everyday and it's not easy, But I honestly let the guys have free reign (Within reason), Nearly every 6 months some brand becomes the talk of the Forum for a while and every one talks about that brand and buying that brand, I let it go.

Because if I block the thread or delete it they will just go to another Forum and disscuss the issue futher and with that they may never return to that Forum or that brand.

So my comment to the Klipsch Mods, Just chillout Guys, I think you would agree to have these members (New and old) here asking there questions and be directed towards your product 50%+ of the time is much better than them being on another forum and maybe get 1% of people suggesting your product or never at all.

If you ban/Lockout/Remove/frown upon discussion of all other brands your in competition with, Then I hate to say it but it will be a pretty boring old Forum.

Quite frankly I'm having serious doubts about Klipsch altogether, I have spoken to the local supplier here in Australia and they can give no local dealer, The local guy they suggested does not want to deal with it anymore, So I have to deal with a guy 2000Km's away, Not likely!

So my dream of a full Klipsch system is slipping away at a great rate of Knots.8.gif

Hi, Spanky. It does make it a bit hard in Australia. Vast distances between dealers don't encourage brand support if you can't hear what you want to buy.

Klipsch in Australia have had a rationalisation of their dealers. Due in part I think to certain unauthorised dealers selling Klipsch products and other shonky dealings.

Klipsch are not the only brand in Australia having problems finding suitable dealers. For example, Totem, Spendor and other top name brands just can't find anyone willing to take them on. Instead they are selling direct to the public. Unfortunately that means we can't get to hear the products before we buy. The plus side is we save heaps on the retail price.

If you are in NSW pm me I might be able to help. If you're in another state.... you might have to deal direct with your state Klipsch representative.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 10/18/2004 6:36:24 AM Spanky wrote:

As a new member to this Forum, I would like to add this,

I am a Senior Moderator on a Forum for a big American Car audio brand to which I am very loyal.

And this is the fine line I must walk everyday and it's not easy, But I honestly let the guys have free reign (Within reason), Nearly every 6 months some brand becomes the talk of the Forum for a while and every one talks about that brand and buying that brand, I let it go.

Because if I block the thread or delete it they will just go to another Forum and disscuss the issue futher and with that they may never return to that Forum or that brand.

So my comment to the Klipsch Mods, Just chillout Guys, I think you would agree to have these members (New and old) here asking there questions and be directed towards your product 50%+ of the time is much better than them being on another forum and maybe get 1% of people suggesting your product or never at all.

If you ban/Lockout/Remove/frown upon discussion of all other brands your in competition with, Then I hate to say it but it will be a pretty boring old Forum.

Quite frankly I'm having serious doubts about Klipsch altogether, I have spoken to the local supplier here in Australia and they can give no local dealer, The local guy they suggested does not want to deal with it anymore, So I have to deal with a guy 2000Km's away, Not likely!

So my dream of a full Klipsch system is slipping away at a great rate of Knots.
8.gif

----------------

I can not see Klipsch limiting this forum to Klipsch only. That is not what this forum is about. Some of my statements may have come from my having to read the forum so much...Yes, other sections of the forum talk about other products (such as tub amps, to which I tell Craig to buy a SS amp all the time:)

As for your dealer problem, If you like, I can help get you in contact with our sales rep and he may can help you find / hear product close to you.

We have just changed Rep firms down under. It will take a bit of time to set up a "good" dealer base.

Thank you for your input! (and welcome to the forum)

What Indy said is true. If you get a chance try a RSW or THX Ultra 2 sub with the Heritage product. I think you will be very happy. I know Indy and I am.

bruinrme..

said..Indy

I am still here. Also I frequent the SPoT where I have posted numerous times. I must say when I started looking for alternatives to the RSW10 Tom V spent roughly 1.5 hours on the phone with me and a good amount of email not selling me a subwoofer but helping me get the most out of the RSW10. Not to mention he is a big klipsch fan.

Thats all good too. Many people on here are wonderful, give advice, and good advice too, because audio is something they are passionate about, and want to share too.

------------------------------------------------

Looking at the 2 channel section I see a lot of talk on tube amps especially the Scott.

Makes sense in the 2 channel section. Paul himself used Tube amps too. And Klipsch does not make a tube amp to date. This section is all about cd's, records, and radio.He also really likes some of the HK 430 series type amps. Andy, who used to work at Klipsch, can attest to this too.

------------------------------------

In the HT section I see a lot of talk on Denon, B&K and Harmon all the while there is very little talk on Aragon in this particular section.

Some people have never ventured down to the Aragon section. Most do not know that it exists and is owned by Klipsch IMO. Most of the talk of other recievers and separates are also at price points LOWER than the Aragon stuff. IMO the Aragon section needs to be on the first page too... with everything else. It is expensive,,, But incredible too. You get what you pay for here.

-----------------------------------------------

I do agree there is a lot of talk of SvS and perhaps this isn't the forum for that. Manyof the SvS chatters have contributed to this board in various capacities other than simply subwoofers.

I do not mind it.. Just seems a little bit too much in excess at times...or sounding like billboards. While I have not met Tom V. I have appreciated his insights too. I would welcome everyones opinion. I am not trying to block anyone rather the advertisement type senario..

1) Hi, looking for a sub, any suggestions..

2) looked at klipch (some I even doubt have)

3) read about svs anyone hear these incredible subs???

4) decided not to go with klipsch i guess they make great speakers but "heard" their subs suck...

5) just ordered SVS spent 1-2-3-4 hrs with them on the phone?? Do people really talk 2-3-4 hrs ....I mean serious??

6) just got my SVS, this thing is huge, sounds monsterous!!! Some pics included... you should too.

Realise the one thing about audio speakers, and this is my opinion, is when it comes to speaker design there is an art and a science. It is not a one size fits all, one woofer, one mid, one tweeter, x over design for everyone we all can agree on, that sounds 100% of the time the best.

----------------------------------------------

As much as I would like to have a RSW 15 or two the financial impact is out of the question. Due to space limitations my HT benefits from a downfiring sub. I do not think the KSW line would be a good match for the RF7s, but I could be wrong.

I agre the KSW line would probably not be a good fit to your RF 7's. What was designed for that combination is the RSW 15. I do not know what you paid for your SVS to compare.. I am sure it is a great unit. But that experience your after may in fact have been better with the RSW 15. I know, not sounding like everyone has the funds.. but if you can afford the RF-7's If not right away.. you probably COULD have afforded the RSW 15 too. Might of had to have waited a while yes. Now space limitations.. that may be a real issue or a imagined one too. Hard to know without knowing your HT design?

----------------------------------------------

Anyone want to buy my Klipsch? What are you selling? Not me, but others might.

Indy,

All I can say is that the Tweeter gave me an unheard of price for the RF7s, otherwise I would have stuck with RF3s,

I am not sure how many were able to take advantage of the Tweeter closeout. I very rarely pay MSRP for any HT stuff. The only thing in my HT right now that is MSRP is a monster 2600. Everything else, at least 30% under MSRP. toherwise I would not be able to afford the stuff.

I am going to compare the Rocket 750 sig biwired (b stock for under $800 delivered) to the RF7s on Wednesday. I truly hope I hate the Rockets because boxing all the Klipsch up will suck....But some one will get a great deal on a RF7s, RC7,RB75s and RS7s.

Scott

Do you know why SVS people don't have enough money to use proper advertising and stuffs.. you know like run their own forum and pay someone to maintain it and etcc etcc... It's because they spent all the money on good quality materials, engineering and design, phsyics and maths, paid low wages to the staffs and engineers, paid not enough to the marketing dept, and still had one thing in mind. Well, they though of you first, good quality product and maintaining the low cost. And they used clever economics, simple, that's how it works, the demand is one and the money affiliated to it is connected. They have to get the market from somewhere. That's why people at klipsch are pissed off. It's well nasty, just like life and Darwin's theory. But Klipsch will always stand high, always.. it's just sad to other brand that make subs. Klipsch just don't be scared and fight the competition. It's fun to watch.

Klipsch, just buy the whole company and the game is over. 3.gif and no more cheap SVS, poor engineers9.gif5.gif

P.S. Hey i just switched the subs off, and turned the RF 7 loud, and i'm using a borrowed Yamaha 21 band equilizer and , dude they sound terrific, i don't need a sub (if i need decent sound, and less vibrations) for the sound that i'm getting. 10.gif

----------------

On 10/18/2004 11:40:06 PM Freak Nasty wrote:

It's because they spent all the money on good quality materials, engineering and design, phsyics and maths, paid low wages to the staffs and engineers, paid not enough to the marketing dept, and still had one thing in mind. Well, they though of you first, good quality product and maintaining the low cost.

----------------

You make some good points Freak Nasty.

However, I wouldn't give SVS too much credit. This is a flavour of the month product that doesn't have Klipsch's heritage and hasn't proven itself in demonstrating loyalty to their customer base. The easy part is designing and building the product. The hard part is marketing it in an ethical fashion and maintaining product support.

An easy way out of this is to market the product direct to the customer. In this way direct comparisions with other products are difficult to arrange BEFORE you buy. Of course once a customer has paid good money to buy a product directly from the manufacturer, it is natural for this person to become defensive and protective of their purchase. It is also natural for this person to encourage others to buy the same product. Word of mouth is a valuable marketing tool.

Unfortunately, impulse buying and peer pressure (Hey, I just bought an SVS subwoofer!) can lead to costly mistakes when purchasing hi-fi. The purchaser may be lucky and blindly buy a product that works okay.... but have they REALLY bought the BEST product for their money?

Edwinr,

Your extreme right, It's the loyalty that Klipsch's customers has that no other companies and brands has and this is very precious and one of the reason that i believe have made this loyalty build us into Klipschers is the freedom that we got to talk about any brands and share a passion that we all enjoy and are crazed about. When buying any klipsch product, it's like you joined a family or a religion. It took long to have come so far and i respect those early klipsher and administration for what they've acheived. It's very hard for any other company to do the same.

----------------

On 10/18/2004 11:48:25 PM Freak Nasty wrote:

Klipsch, just buy the whole company and the game is over.

----------------

Actually that or a strategic partnership like what Klipsch recently announced with Yamaha would benefit both companies. Klipsch could drop it's underperforming and overpriced pieces and concentrate on those that sell in volume. SVS could have retail distribution network through Klipsch dealers. Since Klipsch and SVS blend so well together it makes sense.

This is so ironic, been away for awhile and people still don't get it, THIS is a KLIPSCH website, I'm truly SORRY your svs PROVIDER is to CHEAP, and his crooners, getting FREE advertisement from websites such as KLIPSCH....2.gif

Still here and hangin around....go figure eh, no where to go..sad....10.gif

The thread creator is right, i came here bout' 6 months back, i was about to buy a RW-10, then a bunch of guys said "look! Compusa STF-2 for 299!". I sure dont regret my buying decision, it's a very musical sub and probably better than the RW-10. But he's right, there are general audio forums where information about whateverbrand from whoknowswhere can be discussed.

whew, i am late to this party! 3.gif

when i first started doing research about klipsch, i did a lot of reading on this forum before actually atking a demo. i was set on the rsw series subs.

after the demo, i was sold....until we started looking at prices. wow, there went my dream of having an rsw sub. so then i looked into other subs (like svs)

for me, i just was not going to spend over 1000 dollars for a sub. i think this is true for a majority of folks that use this forum for info, not as a hang out forum.

so i think all the svs talk comes from REALLY excited people that find out that they can get a sub that really performs for A LOT LESS. that was my case.

i wouldn't trade my klipsch refs for anything, and will always stick with them as i dearly love the sound. but also, my svs does things that the rsw series won't (and for less)

until that price gap is closed, you are going to have a hard time getting more klipsch sub talk. it's a great sub, looks really pretty, but may be out of reach for most ht enthusiasts that drop by.

sorry if this offends, but svs is going to get free advertising because they really create excitement in the sub world, you can't touch their price to performance ratio. that's my 2 cents.