Shinall and company

mbajner

----------------

On 10/15/2004 9:33:14 AM mbajner wrote:

i just check thier web site and it looks like they are back to building clones of LaScalla's and Belle's

the price is not too bad for new

check this out

NO Competitor or Knock OFF links Please.

----------------

Did someone get their linkie linkie taken away?

Bailiff: It is charged that you did commit a sexual assault on the plaintiff a 16 year old female. How do you plead??

Defendant: NOT GUILTY BY REASON OF INSANITY!

Judge: Insanity ??

Defendant: I'm crazy about that little........

Judge: Bailiff! Whack his pee pee!

Funny bit although I admit that it trivialises a serious issue.

Actually the Shinall's are nice too. They use different drivers.. And have some new speakers I see as well. (One that looks like a LaScala, Belle, and Cornwall.) They are flattering to Klipsch anyhow.. and not a big sellers.

I think in a past thread this was determined legal, Klipsch knows about it, and some people are very happy with them too.

If you have the crossovers and drivers his cabinet only items are an interesting option. I don't think this guy poses any threat to Klipsch at all. He is a one-man shop. As Dean stated E-bay is more of a threat to their Heritage sales. I respect Klipsch right to deny advertisement of competitors but then again they still essentially let folks advertise the parts and crossover products they produce. They also permit posting of competing speaker companys URLs such as JBL, KEF, B&W to name a few I have seen over time. The people who would buy this guys KKS-1 are in the market for a New K-Horn type product, but I believe are nowhere near willing or perhaps able to fork over the $6000-$7000 for a real set. I think most unwilling to part with that money are also e-bayers who are looking for the legendary product but ones that will fit their budget. In any case they are not likely to pony up the cash for new authentic items from Klipsch, essentially these are not potential Klipsch customers. But this is a Klipsch site and they do have the right to restrict posting they feel are inappropriate and like it or not you have to respect that.

• 2 years later...

I have purchased six pair of Shinall speakers. They are top notch quality and sound increadable!!! He is great to work with too. Visit his site at www.shinallandcompany.com.

Mark Wittholz

Yamaha pc5002m

Shinall AFS1

Shinall KKS1

Yamaha RXV3200

Altec Lansing amp

Soundcraftsmen pcr800

Klipsch Heresys 1s

Electrovoice Regencys

Klipsch KP 301

Klipsch Cornwall 1s

Nakamichi BX 125

Bang & Olfsen TX-2

Kinda' harsh there seti...............if he was doing something illegal, don't you think Klipsch's legal people would be on him?...but, what do I know.....I like Alvin Lee and the chipmunks.............EH??............[:@]

Looks like I awoke grumpy today : )

The klipsch heritage line is very easily recognizable. That is a blatant knockoff. Is it legal..sure...barely. Sorry but thats how I see it looks like a duck quacks like a duck it is probably a duck and that is a knockoff my firend. Did he pay for the R&D that went into those speakers? Did he have a brilliant idea for a horn loaded speaker? Did he come up with a unique look and design? NO NO and uh NO.. Do the prices undercut what klipsch charges?....Yes. *edit by seti for offensive laguage* If he is so good he should design and sell his own speakers. Sure everyone has to work but do it with your own ideas.

pispeakers.com is a good example of someone who like corner horns but designed a product that looks nothing like klipsch and has many other unique speakers available as well.

You like Alvin and the Chipmonks? : ).. I think I read that once. Ever listen to it backwards and at a slower speed? It sounds like Jim Morrison.

I hate to say it, but I do agree with seti on this. It's one thing to build a pair or two for yourself. But when you start building and marketing them as just like Klipsch and they look just like Klipsch then I have to put up the stop sign. But hey this is just one mans humble opinion, well maybe 3 or 4.

scooter

• 2 years later...

I just have to comment on this one. Back in early 2004 I searched high and low for a pair of Klispch La Scalas in decent condition without any luck. Then I stumbled across the web site for Shinall and Company. I live in Tampa, FL but still made the drive out to Spring, TX (just north of Houston) to pick up a pair of custom made La Scala cabinets that I could put my own drivers into. I ended up putting genuine Klispch drivers in but used the crossovers from ALK engineering. I still have them and I've owned lots of speakers over the years. But I digress.....

Like most of you, I'd never heard of Gary Shinall. But he did show me some original pencil drawings that pre-dated the Klipsch Belles by several years. Gary claimed he showed them to Paul Klipsch and they eventually became the basis for the Belles. I had been corresponding with him with the intent of documenting this connection for posterity before he passed away. He never asked anything from Paul and I can assure you had the greatest respect for him. I hope everyone will accord him the appropriate place in audio history that he deserves.