What CD/Album are you Beating to Death Right Now

thebes

I got some Nightwish based on this thread--like Metallica with Cocteau Twins backed by John williams--

I love-

The new Massive Attack - Danny the Dog

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi and the Robots

Genesis before "Misunderstanding" -- especially Trick of the Tail

Wayne Shorter - Native Dancer is wonderful

The Holmes Brothers latest

and Rilo Kiley's More Adventurous is growing on me--

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

----------------

I saw the Flaming Lips play in Little Rock at the DMZ now vinos in 1988. They wore crush velvet had a fog machine that malfuntioned and played the weirdest hippi sh1t I had ever heard. I was amazed first time I heard them on the radio.

The Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Gold Master Recording of -

*** Pink Floyd's "The Wall" ***

Emerson Lake and Palmer remastered surround DVD-Audio of -

*** "Brain Salad Surgery" ***

----------------

On 12/15/2004 2:57:24 PM seti wrote:

----------------

----------------

I saw the Flaming Lips play in Little Rock at the DMZ now vinos in 1988. They wore crush velvet had a fog machine that malfuntioned and played the weirdest hippi sh1t I had ever heard. I was amazed first time I heard them on the radio.

----------------

There last two regular albums, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, and the soft Bulletin are, quite accessible but wierd enough to make it interesting--

I've had a brand new copy of Yoshimi on red vinyl sitting around waiting for the system to get back together. I finally put it on last night after over two months of anticipation, and then wifey wouldn't shut up about Christmas presents. I got halfway through the first track before I got fed up and went to bed. Oh well...

Anyway, that and "Soft Bulletin" are fine, fine records, indeed. I had the privelege of studying under thier producer Dave Fridmann for a time (they were working on Zaireeka, then Soft Bulletin). Very cool, surprisingly down to earth bunch.

I've been spinning Donna the Buffalo's "The Ones You Love" in the truck for a month or so now. I tend to listen to NPR news for the morning drive, though.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 6:58:50 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin,

Just picked up a mint copy of Bridge Of Sighs. Hadn't heard that LP in at least 20 years! Brought back some memories.
1.gif
----------------

My blues band does "Too Rolling Stoned". I didn't like most of the material they played for me when we started, but I like the way we do it now. We usually close a set with "Too Rolling...". We make it about 10-12 minutes long. I'm glad the guys in the band don't expect me just sit and shuffle all the way through the outro on that C, though. We've been known to get a bit loose with the key centers on that closing section!

If anyone in WNY hears of Sly Willie and the Shake, stop down, and I'll buy you a cold one (on the band's tab, natch).