First peek at fini's cornered horns!!

fini

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fini: That room looks so inviting! Nice horns! Did you or your wife make the beautiful quilt on the left wall? I love the warm wall color, outlined by the white crown molding. Very nicely done, my friend!

picky,

Thanks for the compliments. It looks a lot better when it's all cleaned up. I will take more shots of the rest of the room later...

My lovely wife did not make that quilt (it's an antique), but she loves to quilt and has made many.

Sweet!!! Ya just have to love the look of K-Horns nestled comfortably in a corner. They just look like they belong there. That room looks so comfortable and inviting.

Alas I must confess though when I saw the snippet if the title it said First peek at fini was hoping for a cameo of sorts.

2.gif

Fini-ally is right!!!

Now try to put all those familly worries behind you - sit yuor as5 down and enjoy will ya buddy...

And if you manage, in the meantime, to put that box in the post that would be lovely too (no pressure you understand) 9.gif

Max,

That's your stack leaning against the left Khorn (red lp)! I've got an appropriate shipping box, I just need to get some 2" styrofoam sheeting (it'll make a dandy floatation device for the sailors on the trip over!).

Gary,

Yes! Sheltie Dave is sending a Pilot 232 for me to audition, and the room is ready! That Fisher of yours sounds sweet, too. Decisions, decisions...

So far (right now), I have a 5-disc Sony CE-775 SACD player and the Kenwood KD-500 (w/ SME arm & Shure V-15 type IV/III cartridge) playing through a Nakamichi SR-3A receiver. Dave's also sending a Nakamichi 401 SS preamp (not ideal, I know, but I've gotta work up to a good tube pre).

BTW, the room is 16 feet wide. The "sunken" part of the room is about 16 feet deep, but steps up (about 6 inches) to a 5-foot deep open tiled entry "hall" (separated from the sunken carpeted part by flanking built-in cabinetry I built a few years ago).

From what I've heard so far, it sounds great! Of course, it will change with "room treatments" and getting stuff out of the bass bin's way. I can't crank it yet, as I have a 13 year old home sick today, parked in the ajoining room in front of the TV...

----------------

On 11/9/2004 11:10:52 AM Piranha wrote:

What's in the cutouts from the picture? Enquiring minds ya know.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

----------------

My "Kerry/Edwards" posters...2.gif