First peek at fini's cornered horns!!

fini

----------------

On 11/9/2004 11:52:19 AM Frank Speaker wrote:

Looks nice fini!

The downlights give a nice effect.

So who plays the piano?

----------------

It's probably just for A/B testing a real piano to piano music reproduced by the Klipschorns. 1.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank,

Previously I had 4-foot wide bookcases in the corners. Geeze, just unloading the books was a chore (like, 25 of those fold-together file boxes from Costco!), not to mention patching and painting the wall and baseboard.

As far as the piano goes, everyone in the family is kind of self-teaching themselves. It's a Yamaha P22 I picked up at the Thrift store a couple of years ago for $450 (apparently, a real good deal). Every so often, Clipped & Shorn comes by and whips out a quick lesson. I can sorta play "Blue Monk," and even get my left hand going (if I've had a couple of glasses of Zin). It's fun to have it available, especially when friends who can really play (like ol' Clipped) come by.

Nice room, Fini. I'll bet those K-horns sound really nice in there. I wonder what the kids are thinking when they look in your window and see you sitting in that chair conducting the orchestra (eyes closed, of course) while sipping on adult beverages?! lol 9.gif

Wow, Khorns are huge! My god, I didn't realize their monolithic scale until this pic, honestly. And I gotta say, Fini, you have the perfect setup! Nice loveseat with the footrest on the right for the wife-unit, a plush, cushy 3-seater for the romping kids on the left, and of course, smack dab crack center of it all, directly in the sweet spot. straight in the line of fire, is the throne for The Man of the House! YOUR listening chair! That's the only way to do it! Can I join the family? I'm gonna pull up my chair alongside yours, if that's alright.

Words fail me. That is so nice!!!!!!!!!. Looks like a comfortable room to boot.

Somewhat discordant, though, knowing a little about some of your musical tastes. Do you think the Asylum Street Spankers will feel comfortable in that setting?3.gif

Lynn,

I just revived the thread that tells of the whole experience of acquiring the Klipschorns. It was fun for me to go down memory lane! You can see some other ("before corners") pictures of the room, for reference. It's the thread asking for Klipschorn dimensions and inspection tips.