OT: A Sign of the Times.........

picky

--------------------------------------

On 11/18/2004 10:33:30 AM popbumper wrote:

Would this then be BLIPSCH? Or, KLOSE? Am I even klose?

--------------------------------------

Son of a Blipsch! 9.gif

David: popbumper's avatar large....

cmlineup2.jpg

David:

Thanks for asking! I have 1981 Eight Ball Deluxe, 1980 Firepower and 1908 Black Hole as you see (not currently set up in this configuration), 1981 Centaur, 1980 Quicksilver, and 1980 Xenon. Something about the eighties!! These all share the room with my HT stuff, and I have about 8 other machines strewn in and about my garage and workshop. Combine these with HT, it's madness, I tell ya - makes great fun for friends and family!!

Popbumper

Didn't read the link, but heard it on NPR yesterday. Makes sense for both companies. Kmart has very good real estate, while Sears has a much stronger brand image, and merchandising synergies should be be very positive. Too bad I hate both companies.

Joe Schmoe:

Funny you should mention that - I have been in the pinball hobby six years, and back when I first started collecting, KISS machines (already 21 years old at the time) could be had for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, the "KISS army" got knowledge of these machines, and began to drive the prices up - big time - especially on EBAY. At a recent show I saw a restored example - for $3400. Thrashed examples now command $1000 - non-working - but since playfields and backglass artwork has been reproduced, all you have to do is paint the cabinet, get the electronics working, and put it back together with new cosmetic parts - then command top dollar for it!

Incidentally, being that the game was produced in the early "solid state" years, it suffered much the same malady as a number of its siblings - lack of technology for quality sound, and boring play. I would not own one of these games, though I wish I had picked up a few back in the day they were, er, "cheap".

Popbumper

Ray,

It shows up in Firefox, and probably Mozilla, being from the same folks. I don't know about IE since I try not to use it.

A lot of folks make their avatars the exact size, but it's nice when they are three or four times the size so we can see what the image really is.

Marvel