Whats a good price for a RC7 from an authorized dealer?

Jerry22m

I paid $599 plus tax for mine from a local authorized dealer

about 2 months ago. If you have several dealers in your area

to choose from, that would probably help to get a lower price.

I have only two dealers in my area. One sells Reference and

Heritage, and one only sells Reference.

I have an RC-7 up on EBay...

I guarantee in MINT WORKING ORDER, or your money back.

I am a EBay POWER SELLER and stand by all my sales.

*Free shipping (the U.S. 48 states), if you use the Buy It NOW *

Call me 281-469-1111

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5733534261&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

----------------

On 11/24/2004 3:11:00 PM Frzninvt wrote:

$400-$550 would be fair, my area dealer wants like $571 I think. My brother in law in TX got his for $400 from an authorized dealer and RF-7's for $1100.

----------------

Whoa, $400 from an authorized dealer out the door? And $1100 for a pair of RF-7's? That's unheard of! Ask any dealer in LA for that kind of price and you'll get b!tch slapped. It's almost cheaper for me to drive out to Vermont, buy my Klipsch there, and drive back!

Actually my brother in law is in Texas, and they were purchased in Laredo, TX. Strangely enough they would not budge much on the RB-75's which is what he went to buy, they gave him the killer price on the 7's and he forgot about the RB-75's. Metex is an authorized Klipsch dealer with a real impressive showroom that mimics rooms that you find in actual homes. Very nice.

Ya'll are quote numbers all over the place.

The ultimate shop in Austin has got some much higher numbers. Only want to come down when you want to leave with a suburban full of equipment. Doesn't work to well when you just assume add a piece now and then and constantly tweek your system. I really don't like surfin ebay all the time but when your think about just two speakers?

The $400.00 RC7 and $1100.00 RF7's are right at dealer cost.

The dealer must have wanted to move boxes to free up inventory dollars for the holidays or Klipsch cut them a great deal with the impending release of new products come March 2005.

Those prices are crazy but if you can get them more power to you all. I saved about 28% from Tweeters about 2 years ago because they were being cancelled by Klipsch. Just let me say buyer beware because you can't keep getting something for nothing... sooner or later somethings got to give.

So to answer your question about what is a fair price I'd suggest try to get 25-30% off MSRP or move to Texas.

Regards,

mm

----------------

On 11/25/2004 8:07:30 PM CECAA850 wrote:

$509.00 + tax for the RC-7 and $700.00 + tax apiece for the RF-7's. I bought from an authorized dealer in Louisiana about an hour from my house in Tx. Carl

----------------

This is about what I got the same for....if memory is working today...

And seems pretty much the NORM.....

Jerry, I am currently looking at buying an RC-7 for my system.

I typically look at 30% off MSRP so for an RC-7 which has

and MSRP of $799 that would make it about $560. I set my limit

to $575 plus tax on my negotiations. I stopped by Ultimate this

past weekend and saw the RC-7's at $690. Here in Tulsa we have

three authorized dealers so I feel confident I can get it for that

price.

• 6 months later...

Carl,

I just purchased a pair of the RF-5's for $700.00 a pair. Do you think this was a fair price? From my local dealer.

Also, give me some feedback on your RC-7? Just added the RF-5's and thought the RC-7 would work out well.

Thanks,

BT

$509.00 + tax for the RC-7 and $700.00 + tax apiece for the RF-7's. I bought from an authorized dealer in Louisiana about an hour from my house in Tx. Carl