I'm dreaming of a White Christmas ...

Deang

I guess I get the *** of the Year Award. I pulled the snowblower out of the shed last night knowing I wouldn't be able to get the shed doors open if I waited. I thought leaving it out on the patio all gassed up and ready to go was a much better idea.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=34418&

post-3205-13819260020162_thumb.jpg

I envy you Dean!2.gif I bought a new 8HP, dual stage, electric start snowblower this month. It is primed and plugged in in the garage all ready to go. My old under powered one wouldn't cut through the plow banks at the street so I had to shovel. Not good for me. Now watch, we won't get any snow up here in RI so I can go out and play.15.gif

Rick

Dean:

Given the fact that you would not be able to get the shed doors open, do you realize how many of us would most likely do the same exact thing?

Here in Rochester it's raining so hard that you can't see the houses across the Street - 2 lanes wide!.

People are calling the Fire Departments to pump out basements.

I have finally come to the solution. For the first time in 20 years I have actual snow tires on my truck. It's in great shape - GaryMD saw it.

So spend the money, put them on and hope for better rain traction. And to top it off, my Father-in-Law, 2 Brothers-inLaw (wife primates) are coming to the Hockey game with us tonight.

I think I'm getting ill, are my glands swollen? Do I have a fever? Is this the Bose speaker clinic? Is that the Wave or a Waveeeeeee?

dodger

Oh yes, "Murphy" is definitely in this house. I affectionately refer to it as "The House of Complete and Utter Chaos".

A blower and two shovelers and it still took 4 hours. I don't mind a few inches, but this was bullsh!t. Flash wasn't strong enough to pick up the mountains at the end of the driveway from the porch. Too bad, because I sure as Hell ain't walking out there to show you.1.gif

post-3205-13819260021512_thumb.jpg

We didn't have that much snow in Toronto, only about 6". When I went out to shovel it had been raining for 2 hours, so my back didn't like it too much. Anyways, about 30 minutes later, I was done and in the house drying out.

I'm sure you will get more practice with the snowblower later in the winter when it is just snow and not the waterlogged variety. 3.gif

Dean, I kind of watched in horror as this storm rolled over you guys, and then it left you in sub-zero wind chills. Knowing that you don't get this kind of snow storm, its effects were going to memorable.

On the other hand, folks like Dodger and Painful get this snow quite often, often having to get out an shovel THE ROOF. Hell, in 1995-96, we had 10' of snow before March 1, which is really something for New England. We were hauling snow out of the yard with front loaders.

Almost two years ago, we got one of those dumps right after New Year's Day (1/3/03) if I recall correctly, and woke up to see 27" of the white stuff in the front yard:

Snow-S.jpg

After a while, this gets really old and makes you want to move SOUTH

10.gif

post-4827-13819260022182_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 12/24/2004 7:11:36 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

]

After a while, this gets really old and makes you want to move SOUTH

10.gif

----------------

Yep,I woke up to 30 inches w/5ft drifts and my drive is circular and about 200ft long.I lived in Dallas for ten years and saw a few 2" snows.It took all day with back breakin'labor AND machinery to get out.Baby I'm South bound(Allman Bros).was my inspirational music for diggin'.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday.

----------------

On 12/24/2004 7:33:25 AM Fish wrote:

Yep,I woke up to 30 inches w/5ft drifts and my drive is circular and about 200ft long.I lived in Dallas for ten years and saw a few 2" snows.It took all day with back breakin'labor AND machinery to get out.Baby I'm South bound(Allman Bros).was my inspirational music for diggin'.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday.

----------------

Yeah, I got one of those driveways too, and I'll tell ya, there is NO substitute for your buddy's pickup with a big honkin snow plow on the front. No way in hell would I be able to shovel OR blow that much snow without dropping dead from a heart attack.

Problem is, when you live in an area like IN that doesn't see these kinds of snowfalls, nobody moonlights with their pickups :)

I love the stuff, until, like an obnoxious visitor -- doesn't know when to leave.

We used to get this much quite often, but never anything like you guys get in the New England States. Yeah, that would be cool -- having your roof cave in from the weight. What kills me here is the plow bank at the end of the driveway. We live on a fairly busy street, and by the time the storm ends, the constant plowing literally puts a wall up at the end of the drive. Most of the time out there was spent breaking down the compacted mess with shovels.

Cramps in my legs and back all night, slept like crap.