spoiled

seti

The holidays are not complete without a trip to Best Buy. I was trying to shop for new music when from the car audio department comes the most offending sound I have ever heard. There was not a single range of sound that was not dostorted to hell and back highs mids lows all distortion all the time. I ventured over to the car audio dept and there were these two guys in there 30's purchasing about $1200 worth of distortion creating sound equipment for their car. I don't understand. I mean what is the point? Are they going to cut their fuel cost by propelling the car by bass? Then they went over to the home audio dept and somehow managed to elicit the same sound from some combo of jbl and subs. Everything they touched turned to distortion. Do they just not know what music should sound like? Is the only thing some people want is sheer bass? It sounded like they turned the treble all the way down bass all the way up with some sort of bass super booster. ug Or am I just a spoiled klipsch snob?

----------------

On 12/27/2004 2:43:02 PM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

On 12/27/2004 2:37:38 PM AnalOg wrote:

When I hear that thumping sound coming form a car system I always shake my head and wonder what the hell is the point.

Tom----------------

The minute you shook your head the point was made!

----------------

Thought I'd never see the day I would shake my head at dissaproval of music, but I don't consider that music.

Tom