1 Month awaiting parts for my RSW

kevinlwilliams67

Come on Klipsch someone needs to get thier act together, I have been waiting a month for a replacement subwoofer. I saved my money to buy the RSW 12 because it was supposed to be a quality sub and it didn't last 3 months, thankfully I kept my KSW 12 which has been problem free for about 3 years. If this is the kind of customer support I can expect the RSW wil be my last Klipsch sub.14.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/31/2004 6:11:15 PM CECAA850 wrote:

Has anyone noticed the problems RSW owners have getting their subs fixed? Are the moderators taking all this in? It seems like a good place to gather info to help fellow Klipschers. Anyone out there? Carl

----------------

i've seen a few threads about it. but i have no idea what fraction of total rsw sub repairs those threads represent so i don't know whether rsw owners really have problems getting their subs fixed or not. 2.gif

now, watch mine go south on me, tonight. heh. 1.gif

Well, first, stop being a little baby. I have to deal with that attitude and I laught myself sick over some people who get all worked up like that. It's funny for me and pathetic for their lives.

Second, sorry about your problem, having gear out of serivce sucks, even if it is for a few days.

What ever is happening is the EXCEPTION and not the rule. There are countless posts about Klipsch's great service and nearly none (I don't recall any, and we would say so if we didn't like something Klipsch did to us) - so you have fallen thru the gaps.

Best of luck getting it fixed!

Is the unit at Klipsch or another serivce center?

You should have bought a Velodyne or an SVS. With the price you pay for the RSW subwoofers and with the number of people that have had issues with them it is not worth the aggravation. I have read of at least 5 people that have had horrible experiences getting their subs serviced or replaced. I wanted an all Klipsch system but after owning a POS KSW-15 I swore never again! The new Ultra THX 2 system seems to be promising but they won't match my twin Velo 15" Servo's for sound quality and overall depth. I hope you get it squared away though, that is alot of coin to drop and not be able to enjoy.

Who is the retailer?

There was an issue a while back where someone else had a very similar problem to yours. Eventually, a klipsch moderator saw the thread, stepped in and fixed the problem with the retailer. You might want to try getting in contact with an employee from klipsch and get things squared away from the top.

I can't find the thread, but perhaps someone else reading this might know what I'm talking about. I've already searched for like half an hour 8.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2005 2:25:46 AM DrWho wrote:

Who is the retailer?

There was an issue a while back where someone else had a very similar problem to yours. Eventually, a klipsch moderator saw the thread, stepped in and fixed the problem with the retailer. You might want to try getting in contact with an employee from klipsch and get things squared away from the top.

I can't find the thread, but perhaps someone else reading this might know what I'm talking about. I've already searched for like half an hour
8.gif

----------------

Email Trey and Amy both. They'll get things movin'.

Is this problem only with the Rsw-12? I ordered a 12" about 3wks ago, they called me back a week later and said that they were having issues with it. Now they are giving me a rsw15 instead of the rsw12 since I had already ordered the 12 before they were aware of any issues. Does anyone know 1) what is the issue with the rsw12 and 2) anyone heard that the rsw15 has same problem??? I'd be pretty pissed to get a unit and have it in the shop after only using it 3mths

Thanks

chris

----------------

On 1/12/2005 7:17:11 AM divin11112000 wrote:

Carl,

I did order it from an authorized dealer in my area, and yes they are giving me the 15 for the price i paid for the 12. I was just wondering if the issue from the 12 has carried over to the rsw15. I'd hate to just have them pasifying me with a larger sub knowing that there is an issue with it.

----------------

Well a lot of Companies would not bother doing even that. It makes no difference what others are experiencing with the 15 unless yours gives out.

I can name a number of Companies, cars to car audio to Bridgestone/Firestone to other audio where you hold your hand, or in my case 4 Bridgestone Turanzas (top of the line, 80,000 mile warranty) started cracking just like the Firestones. 1780 miles on them.

Tried to tell me age. Date on the sidewall did not agree nor did the time I purchased them. Only started getting anywhere was when I walked in with my cell phone talking to one of my Television Station troubleshooters.

dodger