Aragon or Parasound?

Deang

A B&K Ref 50 S2 and a two and five channel Sherbourn amplifiers. Better yet why not just the 7-channel Sherbourn it has seven true mono blocks in it with balanced input. At good prices you would have $3500 left over with the seven channel amp and the B&K.

Dean is actually asking because of a question I asked him earlier today...

The proc/amps will be hooked up to RF-7s, RC-7, RB-75s and KS-525-THXs.

Since upgrading to the Klipsch (from Bose), I have been listening to more music, but still watch a few movies a month.

I would be careful choosing the amplification. You need to buy the sound that will complement the sound of the speakers you use. I have Synergy's that are warm as compared to the early Klipsch sound, so I bought Acurus amps because, to my ears, their sound is on the cooler side (not wanting to use the word bright). I'm really happy with the results.

Keith

----------------

On 1/2/2005 7:59:07 PM Frzninvt wrote:

A B&K Ref 50 S2 and a two and five channel Sherbourn amplifiers. Better yet why not just the 7-channel Sherbourn it has seven true mono blocks in it with balanced input. At good prices you would have $3500 left over with the seven channel amp and the B&K.

----------------

For seven grand, I'd do the Sherbourn with the Bel Canto PrePro, and have a little pocket change when I was done. Of course, I'd be dealing with me... 2.gif

id go with the rotel rsp1098 processor($2000) and an aragon 2002+2005 that will leave you with some money left over.. i just cant see spending more than that.

if you wanted to go ussed, the parasound 2200II for the mains and a 2205 for the rears... these amps were highly praised by the audio press when they were released. that would leave you with even more money for better speakers/cables/display.

Well, I would skirt that issue and do one of the following:

Allow Dean to handle it for me, paying a fee.

Contact Griffinator and say, Griff you have a new client. He can't be that far used to go to Winchester a lot

Go to my best Seller in town, Rowe, and tell a friend of 30 years, you have a sale.

But I wouldn't really choose between good and good.

If all else failed, I'd ring up Daddy Dee.

dodger

Thanks for all of the input and thoughts on this. It really will be a tough decision. I will be going to CES this weekend and will look for each of the suggestions you guys made.

My budget may be reduced some as I am going to look at a pair of used Khorns tomorrow... :-)