Tube Guy's, How much is this little combo worth......

Gilbert

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet the farm you're going to see the bidding end up on the far side of $2000--maybe even more than $2300.

That's as nice a pair of MC-30 as I have ever seen. I have owned a Fisher preamp similar to the one in the auction--very nice preamp and it should mate well with the amps.

Get out your wallet if you are serious.

The seller seems like a flake to me. If you are serious about bidding, get someone here in SoCal to pick them up for you with cash in hand.

----------------

On 1/5/2005 6:04:20 PM Allan Songer wrote:

The seller seems like a flake to me. If you are serious about bidding, get someone here in SoCal to pick them up for you with cash in hand.

----------------

You could use a bedroom system couldn't you? 2.gif

I'm going for'em.... I can't count how many times I've been out bid on previous tube amp's that popped up. Whoever bid's against me on this will pay through the nose to win, I'm not letting these slip away. I will bid considerably higher than the amount mentioned here, thanks guys.

I have to go to Palmdale in the next week or 2, so this may workout to be too groovy.

Look at his feedback--he backed out of two recent deals.

He shields the bidders' names.

I think you should have one of us here is CA pay him cash and have them ship the amps for you.

Even if you "over pay" by a few hundred--just remember that these will INCREASE in value over time. I used to see these for $500/pair ALL THE TIME back in the late 1980's/early 1990s!

It has been my experience that if one LIKES the sound of the MC-30 they tend to keep them forever. I know I've never felt the need to swap out amps once I had these mated to the Cornwalls. I think others on the forum feel the same as I. They are are flat-out GREAT amplifiers.

Anyone here on the Forum near the Riverside, CA area? If yes, could you visit with this guy and check out the amps? Let me know how much for your time and trouble.

However, it may not be necessary for you to pick them up, since the office is sending me to Palmdale next week to 10days. I'll be flying out into and out of Burbank, so this may work out pretty slick. But just in case, it would be nice to have a back up plan.

You would CHECK these as baggage on a COMMERICAL flight? You are one brave dude!

I wish I could help you with a trip to Riverside--I am SWAMPED here at work (I leave home a 4:45 AM and get back around 7:30 PM) and will be working Saturday and MAYBE Sunday afternoon as well . . .

----------------

He says the "rock" his 901s!

----------------

If that is meant as another bose slam, have you ever heard the 901's? They are one of few good speakers bose ever made. Also, the 301 (earlier series) is a good dollar:sound deal but need good amplification like the 901.

I don't know why I am posting this but I guess I like to give credit where credit is due. Maybe what goes around...

Those are WAY nicer than you're average 30's. Figures the seller is 1/2 flaky. Why the hell would he muddy it up with those Fisher pieces? Be careful. He says listed elsewhere and reserves the right to end early. Hopefully someone in SoCal can go pick them up for you should you win. Watch out for flaky asian bidders escalating these things into the stratosphere like those MC240s that wer going for $3500 in December.

For your reference, Audiogon average bluebook for a single in the lsat 4 years is $800.00 but again, these are nicer than average and the fisher stuff is in there too.

Gilbert,

I am up in Northern CA, but I will fly down, test them out, have lunch with Allan, bid for you, deliver them to your door, and give you a back rub for $5,000. Plus the bid price. And lunch with Allan.