FL FORUM members, need help

colterphoto1

Hello, I am in need of help from a Florida Forum member. I have a tentative sale set up with an elderly lady from West Palm Beach Fl, who is selling her husband's Cornwall speakers. (Trey helped set up the sale as she contacted Klipsch directly to find good home for her husband's babies) They are Oiled Walnet and 1967 models from the info on the tags. Her husband was the original owner so I consider that they are probably in very good shape in terms of cabinetry, having not been moved often. However, she is reluctant to open the speakers or remove the grilles so I cannot get an idea of the mechanical condition without asking a brother Forum Member to visit and report to me.

Is there is anyone willing to do this as a great favor to a longstanding Forum Member? I would certainly appreciate it. This is a great investment to me and I'll be travelling about 24 hours round trip in pickup truck to deliver these to their new home. I'd like to know that I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael, man i wish i could help, all my relatives have lived in West Palm for the last 30 years and have all moved in the last 6 months. Hopefully someone from the Forum will come thru and help out. at least this post will bring it back to the first page. good luck and keep us posted. Indy to West Palm has to be about 18 hours one way

The backs are removable though, but I can tell you what is in them. They are going to have the K-33E with the square magnet woofer, K-55V midrange, and the Alnico K-77 tweeter. Most likely the early Type B crossovers. They are most likely vertical horns as well.

other coast now, may not get back to West Palm for several weeks, if ever. sorry, wish I could help, perhaps she will agree that they must be in complete working order - all three drivers... 7.gif

hell she probably hates the big ole things and the price might be worth fixing them if anything is wrong!

----------------

On 1/9/2005 10:05:39 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 1/8/2005 11:19:20 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I'd like to know that I'm doing the right thing.

----------------

What, are you trying to start a trend?

3.gif

----------------

What happens if you don't want them and they are Left?3.gif

Thanks guys, that's the thing. Don't know the condition, so don't know the price. She's been told $500-1000 by some Klipsch folks. It will cost me quite a bit of travel, so I'm not sure what to offer. They are one owner 1967 CWO. Probably never been moved.

Dodger- would your folks mind driving over to take a quick look and listen for me?

Michael