Those three dreaded little words

J.4knee

Matthorns, I feel your pain.

As for Extreme Make-over Home Edition. Yeah the property tax thing has me wondering too. I know the Chiropractor in Encinitas, CA has got to have had a major property tax hike unless he was a prop 13 eligible and could transfer it. I mean that would amount to moving from about 500K to over a Million on the value of the house, it would have to be reassessed since the original structure no longer exists.

But I like the show, not a dry eye in the house during the work done for the family with Deaf/Mute parents, an Autistic/blind son and the Normal kid who got the scholarship. I thought what they did was just superb for that family. They really assessed their needs.

----------------

On 1/20/2005 12:56:22 AM kenratboy wrote:

No, no, no:

"It's too big!"

No, not THAT, your speakers or components (not THOSE components) or monitor.

----------------

Yeah I bet you never heard it in the other context have you. 11.gif

My wife and I battle over Extreme Makeover. I think the show in general is very good, I think it does wonderful things for people in need. HOWEVER, here is my beef with the show.

I was watching a show not long ago where dad had passed, not sure why didn't catch why, it was mom and I think 3 girls. From what I saw and could tell, they had a very nice piece of property that looked over the ocean. House burnt down.

Are they in need? Yes... BUT, here is my beef. How much do you supose a nice chunk of property that overlooked the ocean would sell for? I bet quit a bit. I'm willing to bet that the mother could have sold that propery for a large sum of money and relocated. So, from that aspect, the family was NOT in need. They could have found another family much more in need, one that did not have ANY financial means to recover in my opinion.

Get yourself a TV Zapper and turn that dreck off. It's a keychain device so the wifey won't know what's happening. Make sure she doesn't find it though or you'll never be able to watch sports on tv again.

----------------

On 1/20/2005 6:33:17 PM dodger wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2005 5:53:25 PM SteelerFan wrote:

I have YET to watch my first episode of American Idol EVER.
9.gif

----------------

So are you saying:

A. You start with the second episode

OR

B. You only listen through your Klipsch
9.gif

----------------

I asked for that. Guess I'm just a little too proud.2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

fini's brush with fame: Remember the Extreme Makeover episode, where that girl was allergic to the sun? I saw her, and her father last month, checking out at Costco! Yeah, that house is maybe a mile from Clipped's. Hmmm...never seen him in Costco...

I love extreme makeover-home edition. However, just as the folks on the Oprah show who received the car as a gift had to claim the value on their income taxes, I'm wondering the tax ramifications to the homeowners on the show. There was a show that aired recently where the family received a new truck and a new car, probably $50,000 minimum additional reportable income to them in those two vehicles alone, to say nothing of all the appliances, etc etc etc done to their home. The show could provide them with a cash bonus to cover the taxes, yet the bonus itself would be reportable. There was some intense backlash over the taxes the people on the Oprah had to pay-anyone heard anything from Home Edition "victims" yet?

I hope they've found a way around the tax problem, because it's wonderful to see the reactions of the people who have been helped by the show.

Well then, how about a "companion" show, called "Extreme Tax Liability Makeover"? Probably be a huge hit with accountants (as long as they had a cute host with a low-cut pocket protector).

----------------

On 1/19/2005 11:19:31 PM J.4knee wrote:

I just heard the wife utter those three dreaded words..."Ooh! American Idol."

----------------

Simply horrific, but there are certainly worse fates.

The 3 words, "Honey, I'm PREGNANT" come to mind...

DM2.gif