Are you a Rebel?

thebes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately, Killswitch Engage is playing nonstop in my cd player.

Not sure if I prefer "Alive or just Breathing" or "The end of Heartache" better,I guess it all depends on my mood.

If only Metallica would come out with something of substance-I guess it's tough to make "angry" music when you're a millionare.They should probably stop going to counselling too-it'll make for better music 2.gif

Jeff

----------------

On 1/22/2005 3:13:19 PM JCturboT wrote:

----------------

On 1/22/2005 12:09:43 PM Klipsch RF7 wrote:

Dokken : Back for the Attack

Alice Cooper : Raise Your Fist and Yell

80's metal at its best
9.gif

----------------

Yep, gotta agree with the Dokken statement...George Lynch was at his finest on that album.

Jeff

----------------

Yeah he was!! Amazing solo's, I love "So Many Tears"!!

What about Don's Solo effort "Up From The Ashes"? I think thats a killer disc... tunes like "Give It Up", "Mirror Mirror" & "STay".... awesome stuff!

And for all you Metallica haters, I'm not even going to go there... just went through that whole mess on another thread.

Thanks Thebes... Manawar is your basic 80's metal band. Even though they continue to put out records. I think they have the world record for loudest band. Definitely have more than a few tunes to crank it up when in the mood.

As a side note I have two dokken cassettes up for auction now on eBay, autographed by George Lynch.

I liked the old Maiden with Paul.

"And for all you Metallica haters, I'm not even going to go there... just went through that whole mess on another thread."

Good. I should have put IMO, I suppose. That's fine if you like the newer Metallica, it's a preference thing....

I liked the Music on "Justice", it's a good album.

"Garage Days re-visited" and "Justice" are good albums with Jason. I've always liked Jason, even in Flotsam and Jetsom. But like Ben says, The bass on "Justice" is sickening. They even sounded the same live that year, turn it way up and they won't hear you play sloppy....

Outdoors at "Monsters of Rock" they were awesome.

Ah, those times driving all liquered up at 2.0 and who knows what else....cranking "Am I Evil". Those were the days.....

----------------

On 1/22/2005 6:11:08 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

What about Don's Solo effort "Up From The Ashes"? I think thats a killer disc... tunes like "Give It Up", "Mirror Mirror" & "STay".... awesome stuff!

And for all you Metallica haters, I'm not even going to go there... just went through that whole mess on another thread.

Thanks Thebes... Manawar is your basic 80's metal band. Even though they continue to put out records. I think they have the world record for loudest band. Definitely have more than a few tunes to crank it up when in the mood.

As a side note I have two dokken cassettes up for auction now on eBay, autographed by George Lynch.

----------------

Oh, how can we forget up from the Ashes, that is an awesome album!!! You have John Norum (Europe) on guitar, Peter Baltes (Accept), Billy White on rythm guitar, and Mickey Dee (Motorhead) on drums. John Norum is awesome, I have all the Europe albums and 2 of his solo albums, amazing guitarist.

I just purchased a autographed ESP LTD electric guitar by George Lynch for my bro who is taking up guitar, its his Sunburst Tiger series and looks and sounds great, my bro is loving it going through a Crate 60watt combo amp with effects pedal. Here is a picture of his guitar.

MVC194F.JPG

MVC200F.JPG

MVC193F.JPG

Wow...awesome piece! Over at Metal Sludge you can read some interviews they did with Don & George... basically a he said / he said argument. Don claims George & the rest of the band were doing too many drugs & not caring for the direction of the band. Then there was something about George spitting on Don all through a concert LOL. George's defense was that it didn't happen & Don was just too greedy/money hungry.. it's a pretty good read.

Wish I knew you were a fan, I just sold a guitar pick I had of Georges also.

----------------

On 1/22/2005 11:32:16 PM mike stehr wrote:

I liked the Music on "Justice", it's a good album.

"Garage Days re-visited" and "Justice" are good albums with Jason. I've always liked Jason, even in Flotsam and Jetsom. But like Ben says, The bass on "Justice" is sickening. They even sounded the same live that year, turn it way up and they won't hear you play sloppy....

Actually, now that you mention it, I'd put "Garage Days..." up there with most any rock album. I kinda forget about it. I lost my cassette a
long
time ago. I remember really wanting to like "And Justice...", but couldn't get over that
snare
either. Can't imagine it now with earbleeder speakers. They were the same live, too, but in Buffalo anyway, you could at least
hear
the bass guitar. The kick was all splat 10kHz early 90's, though. "Master of Puppets" was my intro to Metallica , and I went backwards from there when I dug that. When Cliff died, then I heard "Garage Days...", I was pretty encouraged. Then I think Lars got to whatever he wanted with the production for a few years. (Had to looove that white leather Axl jacket, too!) The black album was the last little gurgle of creativity from those guys,
IMO.

....cranking "Am I Evil". Those were the days.....

----------------

----------------

On 1/23/2005 12:25:10 AM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Wow...awesome piece! Over at Metal Sludge you can read some interviews they did with Don & George... basically a he said / he said argument. Don claims George & the rest of the band were doing too many drugs & not caring for the direction of the band. Then there was something about George spitting on Don all through a concert LOL. George's defense was that it didn't happen & Don was just too greedy/money hungry.. it's a pretty good read.

Wish I knew you were a fan, I just sold a guitar pick I had of Georges also.

----------------

Cool, Ill check it out and read it. Yeah, Don and George would butt heads as many Guitarist/lead singers do in bands. Its the battle of the Ego's and each has thier own set of fan base. George wanted to play more heavier stuff and Don wanted only his songs played to appease the women more. So George left and started Lynch Mob, he came out with an album in '91 called Wicked Sensation, its not a bad album but Dokken's Up From The Ashes blows it away. John Norum more than holds his own in George's place.

We need to bring back Vito Bratta, now that boy can jam 9.gif

When I feel like letting my hair down and just go crazy, I like "AC/DC: Back in Black" (anything by these Aussies will do), also "Prodigy: The Fat of the Land", and "311: Transistor".

On the classical side, "Jean Guillou: The Art of Improvisation" on the Dorian label (DOR-90101); here's some nasty full-organ licks performed/improvised on the spot live while recording at several world-reknowned cathedrals...awesome!