whats up with cornwalls

joessportster

hello whats the deal with the price of cornwalls lately, i watch the sales pretty regular and it seems like the price has dropped off on the cornwalls is this a seasonal thing that happens every year or what i just scored my 2'nd pair of cornwalls for 650, thats 200 less than my first pair only 6 months ago, also after checking the completed sales i found 3 other sets sold for under 700 thats just to cheap for such an awsome speaker

joe

hey 3dzapper im sorry (not),im just 3 hours south of him and he was willing to work with me on picking them up, whats bad is i have absolutely no where to put them except i am going to make a wall of sound, i plan to stack them corns on top of corns, sounds crazy i know but i want to see how it sounds maybe good maybe not if all else fails i will burn the couch and set them there, i debated all last night and today before buying them, i wouldnt even think of letting my 1977 corns go for under 800 or 900, and the ones i just got from this guy i will probably feel the same after i hear them. this will be my 3rd pair of klipsch 2 pair corns, 1 pair heresy's and i think i will be keeping all 3 pair unless a killer deal on some khorns comes my way, love those klipsch Joe

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:36:52 PM Budman54 wrote:

congrats joe on your new corns. if they were a little closer to home i would have bought them myself.

----------------

thanks russ but i am haveing trouble figureing out what to do with the heresys i bought from you, they are now perched atop my 1977 corns, and sound awsome i might add, am in the middle of moving all my gear around and speakers want to see how they will sound further apart have no space for a front and rear setup, have to do some creative manuvering will update when i get them all here, i may have to throw a matress atop the 4 corns just to have a place to sleep9.gif

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:37:21 PM joessportster wrote:

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:22:54 PM garymd wrote:

Buy now, sell later. More predictable then the stock market.

----------------

hello i see you have a pair of 1980 corns, do they have the metal horns, the pair i just bought are also from 1980
10.gif

----------------

I haven't taken off the grills in about 20 years but I believe they are.

On 2/7/2005 10:36:52 PM Budman54 wrote:

congrats joe on your new corns. if they were a little closer to home i would have bought them myself. i hope boomac was kidding up there in badgerland

----------------

Yea, boomac was kidding! 9.gif

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:54:39 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:37:21 PM joessportster wrote:

----------------

On 2/7/2005 10:22:54 PM garymd wrote:

Buy now, sell later. More predictable then the stock market.

----------------

hello i see you have a pair of 1980 corns, do they have the metal horns, the pair i just bought are also from 1980
10.gif

----------------

I haven't taken off the grills in about 20 years but I believe they are.

----------------

Mine are

It's a seasonal thing. People are recovering from holiday shopping and haven't gotten their tax refunds yet. You'll notice that a lot of "non-essential" items take a price dive right now. For instance, Mac 4100 receivers two months ago were bringing $700-$900. Now they're in the $500 range. Heresies too, are all over the map. Basically, this is a good time to buy and a bad time to sell. In a couple of months, it'll swing the other way for a while.

I sold mine for $900 a while ago. At that time I felt I was giving them away. Now they are selling for much less all the time. Strange. Khorn prices aren't exactly soaring either. You can pick up a nice pair of khorns on ebay or audiogon for $1500-$1800. That's LOW!

Along with being a seasonal thing as noted by Captain Bob, the market is one that owners watch.

They see Cornwalls going for a good price, they put those up - more Cornwalls, lower price. Same as with McIntosh Equipment.

People hold out until the see prices go up then the market has more than demand.

Weather is also a factor, people don't want to move heavy things that are luxury items in winter.

And some consumers go for autos, trucks, suvs in the winter to try for the lowest price.

EDIT: The price changes may be more noticable as disposable income may not be as readily available due to Gasoline, Gas, heating oil, and electricity costs are running several times what may have been expected. People are having to make choices they would usually not have to. Types of Restaurants, Vacations.

The terror threat has caused segments of society to buy hard goods if needed and hold on to higher reserves at home. Evidenced by some burglaries and the amount of cash stolen. End Edit

dodger

I'm holding my walnut Cornwalls for just this reason.

In past years, it seemed like prices stayed pretty good through the winter and then dropped in the summer months.

It isn't just Cornwalls, I've noticed everything that I'm selling on ebay right now is going slow and low.

Greg

Its simply "supply and demand". Nothing more, nothing less.

For the buyers, this is good news! The prices are coming down. I just looked on Audiogon and saw Fortes there for $550.00. A pair of KLF20 for $629 at www.saturdayaudio.com. The bargains do exist. Patience.

For the sellers - just keep listening and enjoying those Klipsch speakers that at some point in time you just could wait to get your hands on and when the prices go up again - sell. How can you lose?