Thanks, all@ Klipsch: RE:RSW Sub

dodger

Greetings:

Though it is not my Sub, I extend appreciation to Amy, Jeannie (sp?) and all others at Klipsch that helped to resolve a problem.

As it is now hypothetically pages long, my own feeling is that since this hypothetical seems to contain a resolution by Klipsch, rather than the store that should have, Further accolades or complaints regarding the store or Klipsch should be noted here.

The hpothetical problem is rectified by the Klipsch thus, further replies should show positive now, after more than quite a number of views regarding Negative.

As a 30 + year owner of Klipsch and have seen the positives, this is proper for Klipsch to be viewed.

EDITED: 02/15/2005

Thank You All,

dodger3.gif

Hear, Hear! I totally agree...I am glad that this situation could be resolved and resolved to what sounds like the total satisfaction of the user...even though the villan in this situation was the retailer, the manufacturer came through with flying colors...thanks Amy and Jeannie (sp?)(Maybe Jeannie sp IS her real name...;)... for all the help...it is nice to know that you can help when responsible parties refuse to.

Bill

EDIT POST After reading Bchild311's end post regarding Klipsch's resolution to his RSW15 warranty problem and horrible service from his local Ultimate Electronics, I posted regarding my positive experience with Klipsch's dealer in my area, Indianapolis. This is the contents of my original post, moved here to help with a positive impression and to avoid unnecessarily cluttering the already 5 page negative post.END EDIT what follows is the text of my original message:

Pretty strong stuff there. But I notice that it's NOT aimed at Klipsch, just one of their dealers. Thankfully I have a local Ovation Electronics Store (small chain of about 7 in midwest, I think 3 here in Indy).

I am always greeted at the door and if my longtime salesman friend Mark is on duty, he stops by to say hi and ask if I'm looking for anything particular today or just 'drooling' as we call the browsing mode.

If I need assistance there is a fully qualified salesman there in a flash. Never probing or pushing, just ready to properly demo the equipment I'm looking at and to make recommendations. Mark knows my system and listening habits very well and has visited my home upon occasion.

All the equipment is neat, in fully operational order, and hooked up properly and functioning. The various listening rooms are organized by listening type (HT, 2 ch) and by price (entry level, mid, top line) THere are probably no less than 2 full theatres and another 4 or 5 full surround systems operating at all times with a variety of source materials to choose from.

Sales are frequent, they have a good repair and spares department, what else can I say? Don't think they have a pair of Khorns on display though.

Wish you had a dealer like this, I hope they aren't a rarity in the Klipsch network. Your local rep should visit THIS store to see how good it can be.

Michael

----------------

On 2/15/2005 1:39:58 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

EDIT POST After reading Bchild311's end post regarding Klipsch's resolution to his RSW15 warranty problem and horrible service from his local Ultimate Electronics, I posted regarding my positive experience with Klipsch's dealer in my area, Indianapolis. This is the contents of my original post, moved here to help with a positive impression and to avoid unnecessarily cluttering the already 5 page negative post.END EDIT what follows is the text of my original message:

Pretty strong stuff there. But I notice that it's NOT aimed at Klipsch, just one of their dealers. Thankfully I have a local Ovation Electronics Store (small chain of about 7 in midwest, I think 3 here in Indy).

I am always greeted at the door and if my longtime salesman friend Mark is on duty, he stops by to say hi and ask if I'm looking for anything particular today or just 'drooling' as we call the browsing mode.

If I need assistance there is a fully qualified salesman there in a flash. Never probing or pushing, just ready to properly demo the equipment I'm looking at and to make recommendations. Mark knows my system and listening habits very well and has visited my home upon occasion.

All the equipment is neat, in fully operational order, and hooked up properly and functioning. The various listening rooms are organized by listening type (HT, 2 ch) and by price (entry level, mid, top line) THere are probably no less than 2 full theatres and another 4 or 5 full surround systems operating at all times with a variety of source materials to choose from.

Sales are frequent, they have a good repair and spares department, what else can I say? Don't think they have a pair of Khorns on display though.

Wish you had a dealer like this, I hope they aren't a rarity in the Klipsch network. Your local rep should visit THIS store to see how good it can be.

Michael

----------------

I appreciate the move of the Post, The Edit and the notation of the qality of service that you receive from your delaer.

That is a just and proper post, worded very well. I give kudoes to your dealer.

I make mine hypothetical, even though EDITED.

My purpose in this post is to try to get those who noted proper service from their Dealer and or Klipsch to note that here.

Posts in many pages, with the situation resolved, by a negative title give the implication to those who unlike you, do not read the threads fully, see a possible continued negative.

That negative here being against Kilipsch and the Modreators and Administrators.

Or they read some pages without ever reading any positive outcome.

Thank you for your reply, the moving and Noted Edit again. You have a great dealer. EDITED

There is that implication. People scan, read some, then move on to read other threads without any knowledge of the out-come.

Each person seeing that continue may assume nothing is being or has been done. That may be a potential lost new Heritage, Sub-Woofer or Reference or Synergy line sale. Then they may speak of a negative thread with a number of views, a lot of replies, without ever getting the point, others have reached. Or hypothetically reading a Moderator has been told one thing.

Regulars know the contents after a while. Someone newly lurking or a Newbie may not. We are trained to read 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5. After 2, that's enough for me. But I've owned Klipsch Speakers for 30 + years.

So I just ask for a close call time to those 30 years. EDITED, with those having a positive or noting it in the other thread here.

And no, I am not getting a discount on a pair of speakers. Having 6 pair at this time with 2 more coming via a trade of an amplifier, I'm not quite ready to be a Homicide Victim just yet.3.gif

EDITED POST 02/152005

dodger

2.gif This is in reply to colterphoto, and his praise of the local Ovation stores. I too am fortunate to have a very knowlegable and helpful Ovation sales staff here in the Lexington area. My salesperson is always there to answer any questions, or to set up a particular arrangement for me. (With the one exceptoin of when they were doing inventory, and had no center channels at that time, but I was able to live with that for a couple of days.) I am very sorry , and happy to hear of the outcome regarding BChilds sub. I just wanted to let it be known that not all of the Klipsch dealers are like the terrible UE's out there. Next up on the wish list from Ovation is a Bell'o A/V rack. Can't wait. I need something to accomodate the new 36" TV won at the local Hooters Super Bowl party. Woohoo.

Ovation and Klipsch have a very good relationship,my local Ovation will let me take home anything they sell for a demo,great store.They are also having their Presidents sale this weekend,everything on sale and a year same as cash,I'll be there.

Dodger,

what are you doing? This is not your situation, and it is none of your business to be thanking anyone for me. You don't have any clue what is going on behind the scenes here. Please take the reservation of moving your own posts from now on. Who do you think you are anyway? I'm not going to let you make light of this situation, especially how it doesn't involve you in any way. The negativity in this situation is mostly UE's responsibility, but Klipsch is not completely innocent here either. Their reps knew about my situation almost from day 1. So thanks for making light of my 4 months of pain. Really appreciate it.

EDITED: 02/15/2005

My thanks are to Klipsch as a 30 + year customer, I state now, from those that posted in this thread and from me.

I am not trying to belittle any situation, however the ultimate out come was due to a clear concise understanding of the problem and Klipsch representatives being made aware, not on a forum.

Hypothetically, I would have Notified My Attorney General and if it were a multi-store Chain, the Attorney General of the HQ State.

I have been a legal Papers server for quite a number of years and understand what - I am not an Attorney, I am speaking from what I have followed, seen, read in the UCC, Basic Contract Law, and the Klipsch owning for 30 + years. But that's me.

If I were wrung out by a store I would send a certified letter, Return Receipt Requested, plus proof of mailing noting a store dropped the ball but if I read that the Rep was told it was being handled I'd follow with the same type of letter mailed the same way. There is no implication, inferring, stating that a store treated anyone fairly or that I made light of any situation.

I will leave all thouhts and text to the readers.

I did ask for other personal stories regarding Klipsch Service to be posted.

But if this did happen to me I would show where I made light of the situation, but that's what I would do. EDITED

EDITED 02/15/2005

1850 hours

dodger

You're a weird duck there dodge. Did you not understand that Klipsch was aware of the problem the whole time? Like I say, you're trying to jump into something here that you have not been a part of. I appreciate you trying to be a Klipsch hero here and all, but please, you have to have all the facts. You said that the forum wasn't the reason for Klipsch fixing the problem. Well, actually the complete opposite is true. Had not certain people in this very forum not intervened things may still be going on.

I'll lend you a shovel for your next post ...

PS I'm not telling you any of my personal stories.

WOW!!! I didn't feel you were being made light of nor was your situation...perhaps you could keep your personal stories to yourself...I for one DID care...but after that outburst...not anymore...take your personal stories and keep 'em to yourself...you know what being PART of a COMMUNITY is???...people caring about each others plight and then maybe being happy that should there be a disagreement or a harm done that in the end it all works out. You should be ashamed of yourself for pouring out your plight to us here on this forum for 5 pages and then sticking it to someone that I bet MANY here have gotten nothing but positive advice from. I bet the people at Klipsch that OWED YOU NOTHING feel great about helping an ingrate such as you.

...and if my response gets me banned, so be it!

Just my .02

Bill

----------------

On 2/15/2005 6:22:23 PM bchild311 wrote:

You're a weird duck there dodge. Did you not understand that Klipsch was aware of the problem the whole time? Like I say, you're trying to jump into something here that you have not been a part of. I appreciate you trying to be a Klipsch hero here and all, but please, you have to have all the facts. You said that the forum wasn't the reason for Klipsch fixing the problem. Well, actually the complete opposite is true. Had not certain people in this very forum not intervened things may still be going on.

PS I'm not telling you any of my personal stories.

----------------

Thanks for the shovel, I believe one rep was told it was being taken care of.

There are procedures, posting on a forum, moderated or otherwise, doesn't seem to be noted.

It may help to get a copy of the consumer guideline for complaints.

Also, if anyone else has an attack ther's PM.

Lastly, if all procedures were thought to be followed it may help to check with a lawyer. Certified letters, return receipts, Copies of emails and actual delivery thereof.

Anyone else have a problem with a product , the store that was to handle it and how it was resolved?

But those are the people happy with KLIPSCH service, not what the store kept saying.

A full reading of the post would then answer as to whether I'm just an odd duck.

dodger.

Irregardless of what you think or not, its not anyone's right to take someone else's problem and make a new post out of it and try to change the facts of the case. This isn't a personal attack on Dodger or the community. It was a direct insult for him to try and answer for me by making a post that totally paints the illusion for everyone that Klipsch was completely innocent of the deal.

That's all. It's nothing personal to you guys.

I did not paint Klipsch as posted. I painted what was stated. If someone is being told "it's being taken care of..." then they have to believe that.

Did I make light of the fact you were without your sub? Or did I still before edit state that you were wrung out by your store? Yes, they should have taken care of you.

That's their OBLIGATION.

Unless stated differently in your owner's Manual, the store is the Seller you return it there. They are to handle it.

Contract, Tort Laws, your State law and the UCC govern the Warranty Complaint Process and how to properly handle it. The Forum does not. We try to help, we try to help those that have questions. We are not Klipsch Employees or Agents thereof.

If a post is out of line it will be pulled. I made a post a few days ago as 30 + year owner of Klipsch speakers. That was not making light. I did not attack you, nor call any part of your being into question or make a statement against you in either thread.

You thanked, my post was proper.

If I made light, I would like to see any note, inferrence, implication, statement or wording or words indicating therof.

I kept the Post with regards for Klipsch service. I kept it for others to post positives. If you came here not a member and saw 5 pages that looked negative, would you feel comfortable?

Whether every member sent an email to Klipsch, they still made the decision to intervene You were strung along by a store by the indications of the posts.

I have no idea what State you are in but you may be able to file the facts of what the store did with the BBB, your Attorney General, Consumer Division.

I posted in your thread before a resolution. That resolution was a new sub delivered to your residence.

I suspect that this will be pulled.

If I wanted to make light, everyone would know it. I had no beef in posting what I did. I stated why I did - lurkers and Newbies. Period.

The reason for your new sub was not because of anyone, a bunch or everyone. It was Klipsch, their call to say hey what we were told may not be quite the picture.

No one at Klipsch - Moderator or Administrator reads this Forum post by post. I'll be attacked for that statement. But they ALL have other jobs. If they were told it was being taken care of, that's what they have to go by.

Clarification Edit: 02/15/2005 2346 hours: I did NOT, nor do I have the authority or ability to move a post. If there is a reference to the Post by Colterphoto1 - he did that of his own of his own free will, with reasons noted and Edit.

END EDIT

dodger

Dodger, I didn't understand what you were talking about at first, but here is my Postitive experience with Klipsch's Customer Service:

I had a problem with one of my Klipsch speakers. On one of my RS-3's, the Mid Driver went out on it for no apparent reason. I called Klipsch, and although I had no proof of warranty, they offered to send a new driver if I would mail them the old one. When I took the speaker apart, I checked the internal connections, which seemed fine, but I decided to try it again, just in case, and it turned out the driver was fine, must've just been a loose connection. The point is, they were willing to send me a new driver, even though I didn't have proof of warranty.

What I didn't do was go to the Klipsch forum and complain that the speaker stopped working for no reason, and that the same thing had happened to my old speaker (the old one happened to be a JBL, but still it WAS the second speaker to go out). I also didn't keep adding new comments to my complaint post to make sure the thread stayed on the first page.

----------------

On 2/15/2005 6:22:23 PM bchild311 wrote:

----------------

As soon as you posted your concerns on the forum about your problems, you also gave tacit permission for others to post their own comments or even start their own threads - even if it is in relation to your original post. This is a forum. You've had your go, now let dodger have his say. After all, it was your posts that prompted dodger to; "...jump into something here you have not been part of".

Further, in my reading of dodger's posts, he demonstrated respect and consideration for your situation.

Anyway, I'm glad your problem has been solved. Best of luck. 2.gif