RF-7's

zman

I just sold my Khorns that I have cherished since 1981. I downsized my home and they no longer fit. I am reading about the RF-7's which would fit. What is a best price new and used and whereto get them? To ship the Khorns, Klipsch "STRONGLY", recommended crating. Should the RF-7's be crated? What power amps are recommended? I have an Audio Research SP-11 pre amp. Is there a place on this forum for buying used? Thanks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the RF-7's go for as low as $1700 from authorized Klipsch dealers and online for $1500. However, you will not get the 5 years warranty from Klipsch if you purchase these speakers online. I know that one of the members' Dylan is selling his RF-7's and is asking $1250.

I'm thinking about getting the RF-7's too! I'm coming very close to getting a pair.

I'm going to get mine from "The Good Guys". I looked at them last night and they

really sound wonderful, so BIG and LIVE sound like I've never heard before. The

Good Guys will work on making you a really good deal, they already made me a good

deal, plus they already have them in stock so I won't have to pay for shipping! That

I like! All I have to do is tell the sales guy yes at this point and I'll have them in

Cherry wood!!! I don't care for the black compared to the Cherry wood, but I know

that's personal. I think the copper cones colors go better with the cherry wood color.

My best friend's husband has the RF-7's and he swears they are the best

speaker out of anything out there, including the $25,000.00 speakers he compared them

to, that's how big an effect it has on him. He got his from "The Good Guys" too.

That's how I found out about them when I heard them when I was visiting my friend

a few times. I think I'm going to be hooked on horns for life now.

My friend's husband is using a Rotel RB-1080 with his and yes the Rotel goes so

very well with the Klipsch RF-7's! I already have some Rotel equipment so I won't

need to change that! :) Good Luck with your new RF-7's, don't forget to tell us

how you love them! Kathy 13.gif

My previous amps with the Khorns were Audio Research M300's.I just sold them as well as the Khorns. The Rotel RB 1080 is one I'll look into for the RF-7's. Are there any other Rotels that would work well. Thanks for your previous responses. Any other comments truly appreciated.

Just like Kathy Mason, I too got my dual pairs of RF7's from Goodguys. They're very easy to bargain with. And, the RF7's are wonderful speakers. JPM's right in that they require break-in time, but 20 hours is a little loose. I'd give it more 80-100.

As far as amplification goes, many good recommendations so far. Many people here run their Reference series with B&K and Aragon, as Meuge was telling you. Rotel is ultra popular with the RF7's. MrMcGoo uses a Sunfire amp, and he swears by it. I personally use Parasound Halo seperates, and I think the power, detail, and fury is unmatched, even when put up against the likes of Krell Class A series or Lexicon.

If budget is a little tight, Outlaw, ATI, and Sherbourne are all terrific contenders that don't break the bank.