Sonic Impact T-AMP in stock @TARGET !!!

aviserated

----------------

On 3/4/2005 2:45:57 PM aviserated wrote:

Finally! HEHE
9.gif

----------------

Seriously, Target the general merchandise store with the big red circle?

Thanks for the info, I had just read in another thread someone mentioning "Target" and was about to ask for clarification.

Didn't know if there was some electronics supplier named Target as well.

Thanks again! 3.gif

whoo! I would of ordered one 2 months ago if they had em in stock, I didn't feel like waiting in line for a shipment then waiting for ground shipping, that's just.. torturous! :)

I got my Teac AL700P today, intitial impressions are _very good_. I'm SERIOUSLY trying to not have placebo kick in, because of all the hype i've read, I'm trying to remain very criticial as i log my impressions of the sound as it "breaks in". Right now i'm not sure if break-in is a real thing, or if my ears are adjusting to the sonic properties like your eyes adjust to brightness outside or darkness at night.

I plan on writing up a huge review, pictures and all, and a overview of my equipment so you guys know where my systems coming from. Throw in a bit of my music background so you know i'm coming from. Should be fun to write up and hopefully read.

-Joe

Their supply did not last long8.gif . But for those that lucked up and got one, Radioshack has the AC to DC power adapter 12VOLT 1.5AMP (273-1779) and free adapter plug (272-1716) for $21.99.

Do not invest in high dollar rechargable batteries, the amp works a lot better with the AC/DC power supply. The batteries do a better job of adding weight to this little light weight amp.

----------------

On 3/4/2005 2:45:57 PM aviserated wrote:

Finally! HEHE
9.gif

----------------

hello whats all the hype with this sonic impact T-amp, i think i have read a thread a while back but really cant remember, what are these used for, i looked up sonic impact on targets web site and all i found was mp3 players and speakers, is this like a entry level tube type amp or what thanks Joe 10.gif10.gif

----------------

On 3/4/2005 6:20:08 PM Erukian wrote:

Joe, use the search feature. It's there for a reason. Also google is another great search tool, type in "sonic impact t-amp review" w/o quotes and you should get some good reading from 6moons/tnt-audio.

----------------

i realize the search engine is there for a reason, just thought this might be a quick answer to my ?, instead i get cpu lessons thanks11.gif

----------------

On 3/4/2005 10:12:01 PM scott0527 wrote:

It has a 3.5mm input jack. How do you hook a cd player into this thing? I supposed they make RCA to 3.5 mm conversion cables? I know these were made for mp3 players but all the hype here I assume people are using some decent audio sources with these?

----------------

here ya go....

http://www.videocapturecard.com/audioadapter6.html

1.gif

Hopefully I'll get one of these. I ordered one about eight weeks ago from Target.com. It came about three weeks ago and lasted about 10 minutes before the left channel started distorting 14.gif . I returned it and they are supposed to replace it ASAP, but they said it might be April. I have not heard of anyone else having problems like this, so maybe this was the exception.

Anyway, before it started acting up it did sound good on the K-horns. The bass was weak, but the imaging was very good and the sound was detailed and clean.

----------------

On 3/4/2005 10:16:34 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 3/4/2005 10:12:01 PM scott0527 wrote:

It has a 3.5mm input jack. How do you hook a cd player into this thing? I supposed they make RCA to 3.5 mm conversion cables? I know these were made for mp3 players but all the hype here I assume people are using some decent audio sources with these?

----------------

here ya go....

1.gif

----------------

WHAT! No gold plate? No oxygen free copper? No silver wire with teflon insulation? I won't stand for it! But thanks Russ I had a feeling that's what was needed.

I've got to try one of these. Just to see my massive Khorns being run by a $29.00 piece of plastic will be a sight to behold. Maybe a sound to behold too.

----------------

On 3/4/2005 5:53:04 PM Erukian wrote:

I've read that 12V SLA batteries have the best sound. Keeps any RF away so the tripath is pretty much unbothered by noise.

----------------

I tried the Energizer 2500mAh NiMH rechargable batteries but prefer the louder dynamics and BASS control the Radioshack power supply can deliver. The midrange and top end also sounds very much the same AC vs. DC.

I just ordered this with the speakers as a gift for a relatives Bday, does Radio Shack carry rca to mini 1/8 jacks? All I found was a $20 monster set there. I also noticed that the AC/DC adapter posted on this thread for this is rated at 1500 ma is this sufficient?

Tom

>>some more sources

http://store.novapearl.com/soimpotdiaua.html

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail~dpno~494795.asp

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/6cd8/

and even parts express...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-952

isn't it amazing what a google search can reveal!

all of them are out-of-stock, showing dates like 3/19. Off to Target.