Would you sign up to demo Heritage line?

Colin

Ignore the contents of the preview window - it doesnt show everything you write. Sorry - missed the request - thankfully it was repeated by Chris (I think).

I think out of the 2500 or so posts I have made, about 11 fitted in the preview window.9.gif

given that MANY of us mod and tweak our heritage speakers I am not sure auditioning in our homes would be of that much use...I let just about anyone who asks audition my k-horns here in El Salvador, I always remind them I do not have stock crossovers...so I am useless a factory rep...

Added to that even if someone wanted a heritage speaker here they would never buy one...though there is a supposed Klipsch dealer here, they stock no heritage line speakers, as a matter of fact they do not even have a showroom, they are just a dusty store front selling mostly pro stuff (if even that) to local bands. I am quite sure no Klipsch employee has ever seen their operation of they never would have been awarded a Klipsch representation. Klipsch probably figures that the rep is doing fine since they expect no sales in a third world nation when, in fact, the dealer has made no real attempt to sell Klipsch product.

San Salvador demographically looks exactly like Nashville or many other mid-sized american cities...if you ignore the poorest demographic sectors. Luxury brands who do their homework on the region know that they can expect the same sales as those mid-sized american cities if only they can find the right representatives down here...

just my rant about the vicious cycle consumers live with down here, we cannot find decent product at reasonable prices and the manufacturers can´t sell because they have bad or no representation down here....

warm regards from the San Salvador Heritage showroom,

Tony

Without reading the whole post here I can answer in two words "Hell No!"

Forum members are one thing, miscellaneous strangers are another. Think of it this way, "Hey, you live here in town, let me show you my megadollar system, oh I can't show it to you until the evening, nobody is ever home between the hours of..."

I think that the comfort with forum members is like a good rating on eBay, if someoene is doing business for a while, they have a proven reputation."

Chris

That's another thing that bugs me. I have to figure that Minneapolis/St. Paul has to be one of the 20th largest metropoliton areas in the US, maybe 30th, and they have NO ONE that carries the Heritage line? I gotta go to Milwaukee?

Looking at tmrws' schedule, I can see I should have some free time. I think I'm going to do some checking and see just how far I'd have to drive to hear a set of KHorns at a dealer.

I just recieved a call back from Bill at Apollo Systems in Minneapolis. He'd called his area Klipsch rep to find out where there was a set of KHorns I could go audition. He was told that to his knowledge, there wasn't a set at a dealer in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Iowa. That would probably leave me with Chicago or Kansas City as a next best option? Chicago is roughly 600 miles, Kansas City further yet. Knock off 100 for those that live in Minneapolis/St. Paul, that's still a 500 mile drive for anyone in the 16th largest metropolitan areas in the US. Is it any wonder sales of the flagship model are dwindling?

In my case, the worst thing I can envision is having someone at my place to sit and discuss about audio. So it's a big "no way" for me. Not too sure my wife would enjoy it either.

Just the thought of someone bringing Norah Jones, Patricia Barber, Sarah K, Holy Cole or Diana Krall (or any of this musak that 95% of the audiophiles seems to enjoy) makes me feel like jumping of a cliff.

Plus like, it or not, I think the Heritage Serie is condemned with the direction Klipsch took some years ago. First, it seems that themselve are not really interested in pushing this line. Even if they would want to push the line, by today's standards it's not a "typical hi-end product" that the "typical hi-end shops" will keep on the floor. It's maybe something that would be kept in small "nostalgic mom and pop" type of stores. But these are rather rare.

----------------

On 3/11/2005 1:32:05 PM Painful Reality wrote:

In my case, the worst thing I can envision is having someone at my place to sit and discuss about audio.

Just the thought of someone bringing Norah Jones, Patricia Barber, Sarah K, Holy Cole or Diana Krall (or any of this musak that 95% of the audiophiles seems to enjoy) makes me feel like jumping of a cliff.

----------------

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

• Like 1

Man as much as I would love to see the heritage line grow again I would not be willing to let non board members in my home. Its kinda ironic that the klipsch logo is still a representation of the the klipschorn corner horn speaker, not the V onder klipsch. If they do drop the heritage line they should think about changing their logo to a square beneath the name.

scooter

this concept is already being done by the following website

http://www.audioenvy.com/

they are doing this for "internet only" brands... but considering the lack of heritage speakers out in the real world for us to hear - why not!!!!

klipsch could sign up through the above website or just add it as a feature on it's own website.... they don't have to reinvent the wheel

I would like to share my story, on how I became a Klipch heritage fan. I was 17 years old at the time working a part time job to save up enough money to but a pair of ____ speakers. (I can't bring myself to say the name of the speakers, but you know the ones I'm talking about.) Well I managed to save the money to purchase the speakers. When I hooked them up to my 40wpc yamaha receive, the sound, not music was terrible. It sounded like the only thing that was working was the tweeter. I took those speakers back as fast as I could. When I explained to the salesman what the speakers sounded like, he asked me what I was using as an amplifier. When I told him what I had, he told me that I needed a min. of 100wpc. I then asked for a refund. Thats when it happen, I noticed a pair of KLIPSCH HERESY, and asked the salesman to demo them for me with a receiver on the same scale as mind. The first thought was UNBELIEVABLE. I could not believe what I was hearing. I bought a pair of them that was STOCKED in the store. That was 22 years ago, and I still have them today with a pair of LaScalas. I have never been the same!! I will never buy anything other than the heritage models. Thanks for listening.

I would like to share my story, on how I became a Klipch heritage fan. I was 17 years old at the time working a part time job to save up enough money to but a pair of ____ speakers. (I can't bring myself to say the name of the speakers, but you know the ones I'm talking about.) Well I managed to save the money to purchase the speakers. When I hooked them up to my 40wpc yamaha receive, the sound, not music was terrible. It sounded like the only thing that was working was the tweeter. I took those speakers back as fast as I could. When I explained to the salesman what the speakers sounded like, he asked me what I was using as an amplifier. When I told him what I had, he told me that I needed a min. of 100wpc. I then asked for a refund. Thats when it happen, I noticed a pair of KLIPSCH HERESY, and asked the salesman to demo them for me with a receiver on the same scale as mind. The first thought was UNBELIEVABLE. I could not believe what I was hearing. I bought a pair of them that was STOCKED in the store. That was 22 years ago, and I still have them today with a pair of LaScalas. I have never been the same!! I will never buy anything other than the heritage models. Thanks for listening.

----------------

On 3/11/2005 4:05:51 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

That Audio Envy deal is prety dang slick. I can go listen to some SVS subs only 93 miles away. That would be a neat deal for Klipsch, but I don't see it happening as they are pretty much brick and morter only.

----------------

the thing is - there is no downside for klipsch!!!

more people get to hear heritage speakers.... more people order heritage speakers... klipsch could still tell people that they would have to order their speakers from the nearest dealer...

so here in minneapolis - i go to a heritage owner - hear some k-horns... call up klipsch and they tell me to order them from the closest dealer - which according to the website is ultimate electronics.... i go into the store and order my k-horns...

ultimate is happy - klipsch is happy - and i am happy.... NO DOWNSIDE!!!

if the dealer is too far away to drive to - say like milwaukee... i call them up and order my k-horns... they take my credit card info and then drop ship the speakers directly to me from klispch....

again EVERYONE is happy!!!!

no investment for klipsch other than a little website management if that....

come on AMY / TREY pass the word along to the powers in charge of something like this!!!!!!

1.gif

Okay, you're bringing a ill person to post. Then I have to lay down again.

There is a reason for the profit made from the Speakers Klipsch promotes today. Demand.

The Waf Factor: I had to go from 2 pair of LaScala's stacked, top pair inverted. Needed room (1000 sq. ft house) to 2 pair of Cornall IIs. Not as much depth in size.

It's not just Heritage. Look at how many Companies put the two Channel Receivers, other units as the bottom of the line.

And as I have said many times, someone posts that they are going to order new, a number jump in and post save money, go to xxxxx.

The Wal-Mart Factor - buy everything cheap as you can. Same as I've said about SVS, spend a bundle on Heritage and a lot less on a sub. No Demos, No used advice.

I am concerned with Security but that can be taken care of to some extent. Driver's License number, I.D. with photo that the actual dealer takes the information.

But we as Consumers have to get MORE of the younger Generation to BUY. We have to see photos of Heritage in HT. Shielding so that they can be used.

You go into many Audio Stores and see the tall thin Speakers, all arranged from tall to short. Add a 60" screen and not many houses are set for large Heritage.

Klipsch as a Company right now has to please the MAJORITY of Customers. Us older guys, though we know Better, need to look at the new lines. We are a vocal Minority wanting a piece of Equipment that HOW MANY WILL BUY??? NEW??

But to note, it could be done - no smoking at all. But as many have modified their Speakers, how can we say with an honest face this is what yours will sound like.

New Crossovers, JBL, Altec Horns, Rope Caulk, Bracing, Klipsch Reps would have to inspect every speaker that will be demo'd.

My Cornwall IIs would pass, my Heresys, no. The we have all tube or all SS or in my case one of each system. We would have to make sure that we have a Good piece of each. And as we are not trained by Klipsch, refer questions to the dealer that would take the order.

Liability. Check your homeowner's Insurance to see if that would be acceptable and covered.

It could be done, but ordering new and moving those figures up will help. Helping to not make those who ask about Synergy feel like disease carriers will help. Not all that we say Buy Heritage do. We need to find a balance so that we help the Company and insure availability.

That does mean Diversity.

back to bed.

Hi All,

dodger

While I like the idea of providing a venue for Klipsch Heritage products, because I'd like to see more people enjoying them, and I actually enjoy listening with forum types.

However, I could not get comfortable with the exposure to liability and security problems. I'd also guess that Klipsch attorneys would avoid this like the plague because of Klipsch LLC exposure to liability.

Bottom line, though it saddens me to see Klipsch NOT put much energy into Heritage, it's kind of like having a friend who's lifestyle has them on a dead end trajectory. There is only so much you can do to help someone else. If Klipsch LLC doesn't care enough (for whatever reason, not my decision to make) to promote Heritage product with their own authorized dealers, it is really beyond that to which I can have an impact anyway.

I'm not volunteering for Klipsch. Unbelievable - donating your services to help the bottom line of a huge corporation that won't do spit to promote the products you like the most?

How about if Klipsch pays you a percentage of your sales and/or gives you a good deal on the product? Maybe it can be a Tupperware type event. At least that way I wouldn't feel like Klipsch was taking advantage of me.

• Moderators

A great idea in theory. I am more then happy to let any of you come to my home and demo., or for that matter anyone interested in buying a similar set of speakers from any forum member. I like the thought of being able to pass on the enjoyment I have received to someone looking to get into heritage. A few email exchanges or a brief phone conversation is going to tell you if they are for real or not. If you want, you can show them one of your guns from your gun collection and say you wish they had made speakers in the same color as "this." They won't be back for any trouble.

The "legal issue" is a red herring. Homeowners insurance will cover you, there is no deductable for litigation expense, and you should make sure you have plenty of medpay anyway which pays regardless of fault. There is no more or less risk then having friends over for dinner.

I do join in the opinions about not wanting to do it for Klipsch and trying to keep heritage alive. It's there problem, not mine. I am happy to be altruistic for a forum member or anyone looking to buy from a forum member. For example, I think the idea would be great for Dean or Al's aftermarket crossovers. When I get around to getting mine I would be happy to offer them the option of sending any potential customer my way to listen. However, I value my time to much to do it for a company that is in the business of making speakers for a profit. There is nothing altrustic about such an endeavor. The auto analogy is a poor one. Ford is going to discontinue the T-Bird (again) this year due to a lack of sales. I don't feel a need to go buy one and offer everyone a free demo ride to try and save Ford either. Besides, if Klipsch needs me to help sell their heritage line then the line is already dead.

One other thing that has been overlooked is that the forum is actually their "home demo." These forums are not here out of the kindness of Klipsh Co.'s heart. It is a display of and acess to the best kind of advertising, word of mouth. They know if someone gets on here they are going to hear how great their speakers are. It is worth the expense to them to host these forums because it's members have a wealth of knowledge and obviously believe in the product. How much do you think Klipsch saves in payroll expense for customer services reps and tech. support reps. by referring folks to their various forums. How many times have you seen a brand new person get on a forum and say "I have a question about _______ and the person at the Klipsch 800 number said I should give you a try."

I say if someone is looking to get a used pair of Klipsch Heritage we do everything we can to make them a believer too. Try to give them a demo on the speakers they are interested in, answer all their questions, let them know when the next Klipsch Forum get together is and that there is always several set of speakers to listen to, etc. If they insist that they want brand new speakers, then I say we refer them to Klipsch and that little guy in Spring, Texas.

IMHO

Travis

As much as I respect a person and in Business,analogies do not quite fit the situation.

Yes, I am glad for the Forum. Though not having been to one I love the idea and hope to be able to A. affors and B. to be in health to go to one, I would also love to go to Hope.

But many people could and would say the same things about tube gear a the looks, heat, fragility, cost of replacement tubes. Then there are the prices of tubed units themselves.

It would be a similar thing to a number if each time someone wished a new tubed Pre-Amp or hear my friends say you're thinking about paying $5000.00 for 20 -25 watt tubed Amplifiers? You're crazy, you can save money by purchasing xxxx and having a Tech refurb it.

I have tried to note a balancing act - New Lines vs Heritage vs New Heritage,. Though a balancing act is something that gets lost in long threads, or even when snippets are taken out for someone to use.

I do not argue that the market for new Heritage is not the most profitable. But as some Products is known to be Forum Members brain trust and original, The Heritage line is what started people to buy Klipsch.

Take another Brand Tower speaker - not Klipsch as to me they are unique in their sound and clarity - then take a Cornwall II, LaScala, Belle or K-horn.

Blindfold me, I would bet all of my McIntosh and Klipsch equipment that I will pick the Klipsch 10 out of 10 times.

As Volkswagen brought back, albeit an expensive, new Beetle and still have their new lines, Klipsch can and should do something similar. The 100th Anniversary of PWK's birth has gone, but a fitting tribute would be an easier way to listen and obtain these large beasts - It's what it sounds like - along with the new lines.

I believe in Klipsch forging ahead. A company will lose if stagnant.

Many feel stay with Heritage only. That's wrong..As in Rochester, NY the majority of new projects, studies, CEOs are increasingly being awarded to Companies and people from outside Rochester.

It would be far easier for me to type out a list of what our City has awarded in the million dollar range that has been a Failure than a Success. Even an out of Town Police Chief had no respect.

At the 40 year + old age:

We enjoy the simplicity and definite ease of when we were younger,

People are paying for that ease,

Some will always be Heritage lovers only, those that can see ahead will buy both New Lines, New Heritage.

The new line just has to have a slightly more recognizable look to separate them for the other Towers - go to any Audio store look at the speakers... Maybe a Pie shaped Logo with a 2 or II off of one of the corners.

Noting that people will spend x number of dollars on a 2 way speaker, Cables, Interconnects, Amplifiers, Pre-amplifiers is a semi insult to lower middle class.

Heritage can be found used, at a reasonable price. Costs of NOS Tubes even when supply vs demand is factored in, outlandish for a good number. Parts for McIntosh tube units - sometimes they have to come from abroad from profit seekers.

Thus some new units climb on the profit train. I know that comment will put a bounty on me.

People also look at the Heritage and Reference/Premiere lines as a statement of owning something made in the US. Another mentioned the sale of the IBM Computer line to outside of the US. It was buried in my financial, but true.

Analogies of electronics vs Speakers vs older Speakers, different from Horns are only analogies. To me, personally, put a speaker even as large as the Heresy and compare that to my Cornwall IIs - though the same db level may be reached, the soundstage, to me, is smaller.

I am not advocating Speakers larger than K-Horns.

It was great when Amy Posted a great speaker set for the price and even 2 x the price. It was me with enthusiasm and a pride that she was offering them to Forum Members.

As I have stated about you, the owner can be reached. Well, we definitely can get through to Steve Bailey, Trey Cannon, Stephen Phillips, Amy Unger -alphabetically arranged.

There are more than just simple profits and more than just US sales - many abroad would like Heritage. I have noted the replies of buy used - The Wal-Mart Factor.

Q.C. for Heritage? When you don't build as many, skills get rusty, SOME, repeat SOME, of the workforce today feel that they are owed a job, show up 9 -5 and you are a valuable emaployee..

Again, in our quest for the least expensive, we put up with menus, banks that havefew tellers, lines at Wal-Mart or K-Mart or any discount store that cause us to wait for more time lost than money saved.

I indicate to those I am willing to make a large Purchase from, when the model I want comes out, my feeling of Customer Service is that my desire has been noted. That I will receieve a call or email. Too often a multi thousand dollar purchase will be lost by a company, because, I indicated and heard nothing.

With Klipsch, I hear.

A twist on this thread, for those that have heard Klipsch Heritage in their natural stae - no mods of any kind, why not get those together that wish to buy and put in a large order for new - not talking discounts - just orders.

The old and the new can live together. It's when those wanting the new are told to listen to this model in the first section of reply that there becomes a problem.

I've ordered a Pre-amp and for a lower Amount, the service I have received is a 10.

The service I receive from my Klipsch Dealer - Rowe Photographic Audio and Video when just looking is tremendous. They are also the McIntosh Dealers in the Rochester Area.

Noting McIntosh, they have a line with some tubed equipment today. Tubes in McIntosh units were brought back.

Other analogies mentioned Companies that changed hands a few times. What can they bring to the table for a Heritage? Fred brings the last name of Klipsch - to Heritage and to the new lines with respects to Engineers, Tech Support and people that do listen.

Maybe a Heritage buying "club" can work and leave Klipsch to also follow what the new demand is with regards to HT or the use for 2 channel. Adding a more distinctive logo will also help sell NEW lines.

I've seen how proud friends get when they buy Klipsch Speakers at Best Buy. I had to go visit one couple to see their "tins." Speakers that sounded very good, bought at Best Buy.

dodger