Colter lands LS Industry

colterphoto1

Thanks to the Forum and 3dzapper, I just purchased a clean set of Klipsch Industrial Split LaScalas from an ebay seller in Michigan. I've always wanted to own a set of these, they were the first Klipsch speakers I ever heard, and what I used to take out on rental DJ and PA gigs when I worked for a PA for hire company.

I'll have to call John, the owner of Indy Pro Audio tomorrow and tell him what I scored. This is getting be a very expensive hobby. But I've had worse!

BBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

Michael

BSA, that's prob why there's no wife here...

I dunno, just always wanted to own a pair. I'm going to clear out some of my other PA stuff to pay for them. Might put them in basement with small PA so I can do some screaming down there. Have a pair of Renkus-Heinz monitors so could do the karoke thing like IndyKlipschFan. Or leave em on the back porch for summer and volleyball court/hot tub parties.

The Heresies in all honesty will probably be my garage speakers or for the basement. I have about 6 pairs too many in all honesty.

Time for a garage sale I guess...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Michael,

Are you going to use those as your main's with a Cornwall center, that would be killer! I would use the vertical Corns in the back to round it out.

Being able to angle the top sections is a real big advantage over a standard La Scala.

Those LSi's looked absolutely fabulous! Have a safe and uneventful trip!

Once you get what you want set up you can have a clearance sale for all your odds & ends to recoup some of your hard earned funds.

Michael's on his way back home with his beautiful Industrial LaScala's. He picked them up safe and sound and then stopped by our place for a quick listen to our Reference Series. Michael made an excellent find! The speakers look as if they were brand new! He left here a couple of hours ago, so he should be about half-way home by now. For pictures, see the post: Colterphoto1 visits Picky's HT in the General Questions category.

The LSI's will be used in the garage at first, then to the barn/studio/workshop where they can face the backyard bbq/hottub/vball court. Occasional use for garage band, etc. The main hearth room will remain 5x Cornwalls (KLF-C7 to rear center) and I'll be doing a basement room with the 4x RB5 and RC7. Guess TBrennan's Heresies will be garage or back porch duty. It's getting crowded here!

Michael

• 3 years later...

This is too funny. I was searching for my old thread about building a workshop/barn and came up with this.

I talked to two builders this week and think we have an agreement about building the workshop- finally! Fun to read old threads, this was mysecond ever road trip to pick up speakers- and they were Industrial ! Speaking of crowded- there is no way that I could have forseen LSBR, KBWO, oak forte II's, Jubilees, 60th anniversary Klipschorns, second pair of LSI, two sets of MCM, KP600 and numerous other Klipsch would invade my life in the next three years!

Like I always say 'collect em all- it's a set'

Michael

BSA, that's prob why there's no wife here...

I dunno, just always wanted to own a pair. I'm going to clear out some of my other PA stuff to pay for them. Might put them in basement with small PA so I can do some screaming down there. Have a pair of Renkus-Heinz monitors so could do the karoke thing like IndyKlipschFan. Or leave em on the back porch for summer and volleyball court/hot tub parties.

The Heresies in all honesty will probably be my garage speakers or for the basement. I have about 6 pairs to many in all honesty.

Time for a garage sale I guess...

Michael

Ok, this is just too funny!

Michael,

When I first started re reading this thread, I thought-----------OMG not more speakers!..........then realized it was an Old thread.........Whew.

Good Luck with the Barn Project. The offers still open, if you need help. Best to you. Bill H.

• Moderators

Michael,

Where would you say your Forte IIs fall within the lineup of speakers that you have/had?

I am not sure, but if I had to guess maby pair 75 or 80 give or take a few ! [:o]

I know that's not what you were talking about, but couldn't help myself.

Michael,

Where would you say your Forte IIs fall within the lineup of speakers that you have/had?

I'm an old school guy. I've had some Reference but keep falling back to the Heritage line. I traded a pair of CBR for forte II for my office room. I had Dahlquist in there and wanted Klipsch throughout and the CW were just too big. I really really like my forte II, probably listen to them about as much as the LS/CW setup in the hearth room. Very smooth response, open natural vocals with the tractrix mid.

If you have some, keep em. If you don't, find a pair. How's that?