klipsch horns $950

fairchild260

**Hello, My husband had pair of Klipsch Horn speakers custom made in mahogany wood. I remember he say they only can go in corner of walls. He passed away in January 2005, the speaker were deliver to our house in February 2005, still in shipping crates in my garage, never been open. I need to get rid of this as soon as possible. I have to move out house and in condo by April 15th so need get rid of these very very soon. I am asking $950.00 for pair or best offer made for these. You need big truck to move these because I cannot for you, Thanks you.**

Read carefully...doesn't some of the diction used seem to be similar to scammers?

"my husband had pair"

"I remember he say they only can go in corner of walls"

"the speaker were deliver"

"never been open"

just seems a bit on the "red flag" side for me

obviously, I don't know for sure, just a hankering in my gut.

Coytee,

Thanks for seeing that ad the same way I do! If these were in fact New, when they were delivered in FEBURARY, After here husband passed away, all she had to do was Refuse the Order, and get her money back. (Even if there was a re stocking fee)...

I too smell a Fish!!!!

EDIT: I emailed her, but haven't heard back yet.........I will let you know -IF- I get any response from her...........

----------------

On 3/19/2005 12:08:46 PM Coytee wrote:

**Hello, My husband had pair of Klipsch Horn speakers custom made in mahogany wood. I remember he say they only can go in corner of walls. He passed away in January 2005, the speaker were deliver to our house in February 2005, still in shipping crates in my garage, never been open. I need to get rid of this as soon as possible. I have to move out house and in condo by April 15th so need get rid of these very very soon. I am asking $950.00 for pair or best offer made for these. You need big truck to move these because I cannot for you, Thanks you.**

Read carefully...doesn't some of the diction used seem to be similar to scammers?

"my husband had pair"

"I remember he say they only can go in corner of walls"

"the speaker were deliver"

"never been open"

just seems a bit on the "red flag" side for me

obviously, I don't know for sure, just a hankering in my gut.
----------------

it's hard to say whats up with that listing.too bad there wasnt a phone # instead of an email adress .has anyone emailed her yet and gotten a reply.it'd be interesting to find out if this is indeed for real or a scam.

----------------

On 3/19/2005 1:04:43 PM Seadog wrote:

She has upped the price to $6850.

----------------

Yeah, now it's a different kind of scam, heh? 6850? Holy criminiy. I have a hard time that someone payed that much for K-horns, even new. Should've been able to get em for $1000 less new, so she should be asking about 5 even.

-Jon

Here is the new listing verbage.......... But I don't understand why she didn't just refuse these, and got her money back!

Klipsch Horn Speakers for corners of wall - $6850

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: anon-64458329@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-03-18, 10:18PM PST

Hi, I am sorry to had change price. I did nots know how much husband pay and my friend said only worth about $1,000.00 and I thanks the nice people here who tell me how much more they worth. I found paper work on one and calls the store just while ago and find out my husband pay $6850.00 for them. They are still brand new never open so I try to get close to that price. Please make me offer so I can get rid of it soon. Sorry for mistake in price, I did nots know.

Yes, they is real Klipschorn speakers on paper work from Klipsch and Associates, Inc. Hope, Arkansas U.S.A. 71801 Thanks you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill H:

It is possible that she just didn't know she COULD refuse the shipment believing her husband made a promise to buy these and followed through on her promise...it seems as though she is honest, especially if she had the paperwork from Klipsch...interesting on the price that some said she should ask less...she is saying make her an offer...but didn't the original ad say custom finish??? Maybe her husband just "paid too much."

Anyway, I think it is great that someone here told her that she was asking FAR too little for these...just my .02

Bill

There are many good people here who remain nameless and faceless...it is comforting to me to know they are still out there.

Cheers to those that let the lady know she was about to "give away the farm" as I bet she could use the extra money from the sale of those KHorns more right now after the death of her husband than the person who would have bought them without telling her their worth at $950 would have.

Just my .02

12.gif16.gif

Bill

Darn it, I missed this! Called too late. I offered her $5500.00 but she already sold them for $7000.00 offer. She's a nice asian lady but her english isn't so good. I would have made the trip all the way up there to pick them up!

----------------

On 3/19/2005 4:34:01 PM msst wrote:

Darn it, I missed this! Called too late. I offered her $5500.00 but she already sold them for $7000.00 offer. She's a nice asian lady but her english isn't so good. I would have made the trip all the way up there to pick them up!
----------------

You can always buy DeanG's Khorns. They're as good as new.