Rating the Heritage Line

Spkrdctr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/30/2005 1:35:26 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Klipsch, are you listening? We Forum members would like to see a Cornwall III please...

Michael

Or I could just build em myself in my garage.. Dean, want to design a xover for it?

----------------

Actually, I'd like to see a new klipsch that is particularly good with Single Ended amps, something along the lines of the cornwalls, 100db effcient, with a impedance of around 10+ ohms.

What would be REALLY cool is a narrow baffle cornwall, with the woofer mounted on the side of the speaker. Basically a more wife-friendly cornwall.

How about it klipsch?

----------------

On 3/29/2005 5:12:07 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 3/29/2005 2:00:19 PM Piranha wrote:

Here are my ratings of the Heritage loudspeakers that I have personally heard. This is JMHO mind you. Different strokes mind you. OK, let the flames begin.
9.gif"

1. Cornwall

2. Khorn

3. Chorus

4. Forte

5. La Scala

6. Belle

7. Heresy

BRING BACK THE CORNWALL!!! Please manufacture a new tool.rge----------------

What is it with people named Tom ?

----------------

I currently own La Scala, Cornwall, Forte, and Heresy's. I A/B La Scala and Cornwall's all the time.

Maybe I should swap #1 & 2?? And then #5 & 7? Would that be more sensible? 9.gif

OK my turn, it is pretty simple IMO

1. Klipschorn

2. La Scala

3 Belle Klipsch

4 CW/CWII

5 Heresy/HII

I've never been a big fan of the CW/CWII to me they sound just like big Heresy/HII's. Muddy bass compared to the horn loaded siblings it's a deep bass but just not as clean. I don't actully consider Chorus, Forte, Quartets and the Academy to be Heritage models, they are more of what I classify as "Extended Heritage" or a separate subset all their own.

I want to be sure that everyone knows I am not attempting to be insulting to anyone in any way. I am just expressing my personal opinion. Everyone else has a right to theirs too of course. I am glad that you enjoy your La Scala's J.4knee, as well you should. And I can certainly respect your overall ratings of the complete Heritage line. Dare to be different. 2.gif

See you in Indy!!

----------------

On 3/30/2005 11:43:13 PM Piranha wrote:

I want to be sure that everyone knows I am not attempting to be insulting to anyone in any way. I am just expressing my personal opinion. Everyone else has a right to theirs too of course. I am glad that you like your La Scala's j.4knee, as well you should. And I can certainly respect your ratings of the complete Heritage line. Dare to be different.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif">

See you in Indy!!

----------------

That truly is what the Forum is about. Not worrying about being different. In difference we learn, if we take the time to either understand why or to watch the differences.

We can also agree to disagree. It's when it gets personal, or is taken personally with no comment of explanation.

There is a common goal that includes but also transcends Klipsch Speakers.

Music

No matter what kind.

It brings us to this Forum. No matter what Section. It's International.

But, we also make friends, we show courtesy, kinship, hopes and help. Sometimes beyond what we would show or accept in our daily lives.

We smile, laugh, get misty in joy and in sorrow. We support...

And in some way when our beasts sing, we do remember something that we saw on the Forum or were contacted about.

Is that a Community? Can we do better? It's not a chat room to be on guard about constantly.

I've wanted to become less cynical. I've talked to some really nice people. Some have Posted, called, mailed things, and I know thought about a relative or me. And I've found myself doing the same.

That's going beyond a common interest.

That's Community.

Win dodger

----------------

On 3/31/2005 1:14:04 AM J.4knee wrote:

Yeah we all have our perferences that is one of the greatest things about this forum, we can usually express them without too much bantering. Yep C-Ya in Indy Tom. Which hotel are you staying in?----------------

Jim,

Holiday Inn for me. I stayed at the Comfort Inn last year. I was less than impressed with it. It was like 95 degrees and 98% humidity and the AC wasn't working right. The conference room was absolutely horrible. That negative and the guestrooms rooms which needed to be totally gutted and remodeled were less than pleasing. Since the mixer is going to be at the Holiday Inn this year I'll be staying there. I want to be able to walk back and forth to my room if need be. That and the HQ is a bit closer to Holiday Inn. What about you two? Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn? Or are you staying at relatives?

Where the heck has Andy, Wayne, and Nick been? I hope they're all going!

----------------

On 3/30/2005 4:44:40 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

Here are my ratings of the Heritage loudspeakers that I have personally heard. This is JMHO mind you. Different strokes mind you. OK, let the flames begin.
9.gif"

1. Cornwall

2. Khorn

3. Chorus

4. Forte

5. La Scala

6. Belle

7. Heresy

----------------

I currently own La Scala, Cornwall, Forte, and Heresy's. I A/B La Scala and Cornwall's all the time.

Maybe I should swap #1 & 2?? And then #5 & 7? Would that be more sensible?
9.gif

----------------

Your beyond hope my friend 9.gif2.gif

----------------

On 3/31/2005 11:18:43 AM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 3/30/2005 4:44:40 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

9.gif"

1. Cornwall

2. Khorn

3. Chorus

4. Forte

5. La Scala

6. Belle

7. Heresy

----------------

Maybe I should swap #1 & 2?? And then #5 & 7? Would that be more sensible?
9.gif"

----------------

Your beyond hope my friend
9.gif2.gif

----------------

The Sawzall cutting a boiler tube type of sound just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

----------------

On 3/31/2005 11:20:15 AM NOSValves wrote:

Oh and I agree I think the Cornwall III would be a great addition to the Heritage line. I bet they would sell like hot cakes.

Craig----------------

We finally agree on something. 2.gif Sheesh!

Too bad Klipsch bastardized the "tools" they used to produce the Cornwall. As I understand it, it's now cost prohibitive to remanufacture another.

what is this Cornwall 'tool' I keep reading about? Is it a jig for woodworking? Couldn't be too expensive to rig up another one, could it?

Seems like except for shipping cost and inventory space, the Cornwall would be an easy cabinet to gear up production for ( in the good old USofA!) and should be profitable. Unless you don't like big boxes!

Michael

• Moderators

----------------

On 3/31/2005 3:34:32 PM Piranha wrote:

Can any of the moderators elaborate on the reason why the Cornwall will or will not be brought back and why?
----------------

Nope 9.gif

If I am not mistaken the "tool" cuts the holes in the motorboard for proper Horn and Woofer placement.

I am ready for correction if wrong.

I also wonder why the Cornwall cannot be update and brought back. Putting the tool aside, it is an easier speaker to make, IMHO.

dodger

• Moderators

----------------

On 3/31/2005 3:48:41 PM dodger wrote:

If I am not mistaken the "tool" cuts the holes in the motorboard for proper Horn and Woofer placement.

I am ready for correction if wrong.

I also wonder why the Cornwall cannot be update and brought back. Putting the tool aside, it is an easier speaker to make, IMHO.

dodger
----------------

Actually, a "tool" in this case is essentially a mold that plastic (or material of choice) is injected into under pressure to make the part.

And no comment on part 2. 9.gif

Amy sez:

"Actually, a "tool" in this case is essentially a mold that plastic (or material of choice) is injected into under pressure to make the part."

So it's just the mold for the K600 that's missing? Of course we know Klipsch still manufacturers the K400 and K500, so there is an injection molding machine somewhere, just need the mold for K600? That shouldn't stop them, just put a K33 in a big box, fit one of the tractrix horns from the commercial line in and presto- CWIII!

Michael