Vintage McIntosh and Marantz Gear -- Plentiful Supply Just Down The Road

Gilbert

ATTENTION SHOPPERS!!

I stubbled into a electronic repair shop just down the road from my house, and just about wigged-out at all the vintage Mac and Marantz gear this guy was packing. Tons of stuff.

1- MC275 (vintage)

2- MC30's

1- MC60

Whew-- MC240's, even pair that are Industrial Grade.

AND LOTS LOTS MORE!

He's got 6 or 7 shelves/storage-racks of vintage Marantz. He's even go some Marantz tuner (serial No. 1), that he claims is their original first tuner prototype. He's also got vintage Scott, Fisher, Luxman, Thoren, and some fancy Technices Turntable with a hands off sign.

I'll post a picture of some of his storage racks later, because I forgot to camera and left it at the office. Sorry.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thebes, I'm pretty sure he mentioned his having a 7T, not positive though. He just rattled out a bunch of numbers off the top of his head. I was draggin my chin.

But know this, the man knows what he has. I kinda think is prices are fair, at least cheaper than what this stuff typically sells for on ebay. The Mac stuff anyway, don't know much about Marantz other than they made killer equipment. One of the 240's is just gorgeous. As for the single MC60, I am scarfing her up.

Any hooo, I'll go to the office sometime tomorrow and get that picture I had.

Oh hell, here's the guys name and number. Just give him a shout yourselfes. He's a pretty cool cat, his name is David Miller, owner of "SpeakerWorks", in Tulsa,OK. I warned Dave and told him I was going to tell some buddies of mine on a web-forum that would go wild for some of his gear. So call away.....

1-800-526-8879

or

918-664-6299

PLEASE KEEP PAWS AWAY FROM THE MC60's. I want them for a very special friend...ME.

If he has something that your interested in, and want some photo's or a better look at the item, give me call and I'll be happy to get it for you. But you may have to wait a day, even though his shop is on the way home from the office.

---ATTACK!_---

Very glad to hear he's savvy about what he's got, eliminates a lotta moral qualms right there. Damn I'm broke but that's the American way. I'll call him tomorrow. Listen up people, I get first shot at the Marantz pre. Anybody wants to argue I'll sick tthe Twins on you. (not as pleasurable as it might seem).

Holy crap, he's got an 8B on the top right shelf. This is the motherload boys,! Gilbert call him soonest in the morning at let him know he's about to be smothered in telephone calls.

Need to borrow money!