visited 2 dealers

Coytee

Just got back from a trip to Hilton Head. Seems there are two Klipsch dealers in that general area, both whom I visited. I was curious as to what they had set up and how.

Quickly after they approached me, I told them I was just wasting time waiting for the wife to finish shopping and I was a tourist (so there was no sale to be had).

Upshot, one of the dealers only had a single set of surround speakers there. I (sorry) forget which model, but the ENTIRE box was probably 18 all the way around (meaning, the box held ALL FIVE speakers) Probably a bit larger than my Promedia box. I noticed NO working displays and the box was sitting on the floor next to some other clearance things. Clearly it looked like they were either on the way OUT with Klipsch, or it was a token to them.

I told the sales guy I was looking at their setup and their HT amps. He took me into their high end room and showed me their Linn setup. He proceeded to put on a non-sacd disk of DSOTM, even though the disk SAID it was SACD, HE said it was not. He said with these speakers, you can hear someones dry lips as they sing, the breath they take in. He proudly made me listen to the heartbeat on DSOTM and I was supposed to be awed at how real it sounded (I suppose) He also told me he was the installer and did sales part time. Hed never SEEN, nor had he ever obviously, heard Khorns, LaScalas or any other Heritage line. Even though I told him thats what I had and was interested in mating a center channel with it, he was trying to push Linn on me. He explained that as they put an order in, some dude in Ireland makes the cabinets by hand to order. That is all fine and dandy, but I really didnt have the heart to educate him that if he played DSOTM with 5 heritage speakers surrounding him, he could probably use THAT sound pressure for CPR (ok, thats a stupid joke).

When I told him I was looking for a center channel for my all Heritage system, rather than suggest him ordering something, he suggested I buy a RF7. I asked if it would mate well with Khorns flanking each side he nodded. When I asked him if it would keep up with them (I had ZERO idea of its sensitivity), I reminded him that Khorns are rated at 104, he looked me dead in the eye, said the RF7s would keep up with the Khorns and they were rated at 109 sensitivity!!!! (Hmmseems this site has them listed at 102) I did not know they were 102, in fact, I expected them to be under 100, but I felt REAL strong in my belief they were not 109. I just said wowwww and shut up.

Went to the other store, they had an entire room setup with Klipsch surround!!! Room was very tastefully decorated. Power was thanks to Aragon. They had a rack built into the wall. The guy opens the closet door and lets me see how the rack/wires and all are positioned behind the wall. I didnt want to waste his time and listen to it so we just chatted for a few. Seems hes owned some heritage in a prior life and regretted having sold it. I asked why they had no Khorns on display. Seemed to me, a pair of Khorns would have sounded fantastic in that room, AND, being near Hilton Head, they clearly have a local market that has $$ to spend.

He simply told me that the Heritage line is a lot of (visible) wood and most people now days like to hide everything inside the wall. I let it go at that, rather than to find his thoughts on maybe people buy what hides inside the wall, because thats ALL you are showing them?

Overall I was let down with BOTH dealers, however the Aragon dealer had more dedicated to Klipsch and seemed to (as my grandfather would say) know his onions more than the other guy.

Cant wait to get home tonight to my OWN showroom that shows off too much wood since my Khorns do not fit inside the wall.

• Moderators

Sure they do!

They obviously can't get out into "the field" as much as they'd like, so this type of feedback is very valuable.

How our products are displayed and the knowledge of our dealers directly affects sales!

Amy, pass along to your Ohio rep that he REALLY has some work to do. Especially since you all are just next door in Indy, you would think it would be a little easier to buy some Heritage.

I have had a hell of a time getting a new set of Heresys. That's right! I'm buying new Heritage, not used. At considerably more hassle. But I love you all so much I felt obligated! I had to call and email several times to a place 120 miles away from me in Columbus Ohio. Placed my order over the phone, had to mail them a check since they couldn't take Visa or Mastercard over the phone, and now wait until whenever to see if he'll call me back. 99% of my ebay deals are less risky than this endeavor.

Although the "manager"(might have been the owner), didn't say anything bad about the speakers, he sure didn't seem real happy with Klipsch. Was all pissed off that you yanked the line a few years ago, then didn't yank the line blah, blah blah. Whatever. It's just that this is my only Heritage dealer for a 120 miles and that's what he has to say about Klipsch? I will give him credit for praising the pickiness of the woodworkers down in Hope though!

I don't recall their name. You can do a dealer search and put in 29928, which was my fathers old zip before he moved.

HA..just came to me, "Audio/Video Warehouse" and "Play" as I now recall. I took a couple pics in Play's showroom that I'll be posting next.

Well as I have mentioned my dealer:

Rowe Photographic Audio and Video 1737 Mt . Hope Ave.,

Rochester, NY 14620,

(585) 442-8230,

This is how a good Dealer and layout is.

Walk in, to the right is Photo Gear, left is Audio. On the outside is the used or Demo units.

There are three Demo Rooms:

Room one - mostly 2 channel- all models of Klipsch Bookshelf set up-- you can turn around and listen to different models of speakers-- straight ahead the high end, back wall mid- priced.

All can be chosen from any of the Electronic Component Array. A Comfortable sofa and a chair are centered. HDTVs are also in the room but not the center stage.

Room Two is set for Surround with seats, Speakers and Components. Different screens, LCDs, Plasmas along with Audio related (Klipsch included) Speakers, Components.

Before entering Room Three, there is an array of Outdoor Speakers, In-Wall Line Line - all Klipsch on display.

Room Three is set up more as a home with a patio view, Fieldstone entrance, in this room the high of the high is displayed. Notably due to size. Different models again of HDTV, Screen (retractable), Plasma, Etc., Line Conditioners, Audio Components, Speakers, all on display, all very tastefully done.

There are also two walls further stocked with Components, Speakers, any cable, switch-box, selector- box, line conditioners, Surger Protectors with Filtering, Etc..

A knowledgeable Staff that lets you buy rather than sells you. And the famiiarity with and availability of ordering the Heritage Line.

John, Joel, Rich, John, Bruce, et. al. provide a very good store to feel confident making a purchase. Or as a Custom Installer, I know the product, They know as much or more. That is a rarity.

I am not being compensated in any way to write this, they do not know I am. It is my pleasure.

Win dodger

This is the basic room. Evidently there are several subs hidden behind the grills. This is an idea I was trying to get across to the wife. Instead of us doing the sub section & taking up floor space, we'd have a flat wall with the Khorns on either side & LaScala in center.

post-15072-13819263910192_thumb.jpg

IF- any one is near SW Indiana, (Terre Haute ) and interested in Heritage.........check out my local Dealer..........He carries and can get....your Heritage!

Its a small store, but the Knowledge, and avalibilty to Klipsch products is Outstanding!

THE AUDIO CONNECTION

TOWNE SOUTH PLAZA

3684 SO. US HWY 41

TERRE HAUTE, IN 47802

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 812-232-1663

FAX: 812-232-2312

PRODUCT LINES:

Reference

THX Ultra2

Heritage

I probably should have mentioned, these pics are at "Play" and it's located on Blufton Road... This is the rack that I thought was pretty cool. Not sure how much my wife liked it. She wants it all "H-I-D-D-E-N" and OUT of sight.

sigh...

15.gif

post-15072-13819263910792_thumb.jpg

Indeed it DID sound bad 6.gif

I myself, prefer an exposed rack 11.gif10.gif9.gif

The trim around the rack in pic was removable, then the rack just gently slides forward, coming out of it's holder. As it were, I like that idea. My wife clearly likes the idea of keeping the rack hidden and otherwise, invisible, out of the way and for all general purposes... unavailable to the naked eye. She actually wants me to have to go through another room to gain access to work on the rack 8.gif (garage).

I'd bet if she was my girlfriend and not my wife, she'd not be so vocal about having the rack exposed.

ya know... all the above kinda sounds twisted huh?

12.gif11.gif

My wife calls it "sprockets and gears"! We like to see the hardware and they don't. Except my wife really likes the glow of tubes when the lights are down low.

Having the back of the rack accessible from another room would be very acceptable to me. Much cheaper than a rollout rack too.

Marvel