Sonic Impact back in stock

Tom Mobley

I didn't think it would happen, but it has. The little amp that could is available at PC Mall, a reasonably reputable vendor, for $20. Sonic Impact. I figured there would be rampant price gouging or gratuitous bundling if anybody ever got it stock again, but PC Mall is holding the line. Of course their shipping is almost $10, but it still cheaper than the Sonic Impact home page, where they want $40 plus shipping.

Well, after seeing this I called in to their 800 number, the guy told me mine has shipped this afternoon. He said a tracking number would be available. time will tell.

When I ordered before (early March) it showed to be in stock, but backordered the next day. I called and reamed somebody, they said the were having a lot of trouble with getting product from SI. I left my order in but the "ship date" kept slipping. I cancelled my order after 3 or 4 of these. They were apologetic but pointed out that they couldn't force SI to ship. All this time the amp showed to be in stock at the SI site, but at double the price. About the time I cancelled it started showing no stock at SI. When it became available again at the SI site and shoed in stock at PC Mall I ordered immediately if not sooner. :)

If anybody wants one and doesn't mind paying the $40 they're showing in stock at the SI site.

Most people here install a power jack & run an external power supply.

I was planning on playing with it for a while, but it will end up being an amp for my computer. 8 batterys = 12 volts, which I will just run a cable out from the computer power supply.