La Scala Side Grills

cueman

Those are some of the nicest looking LaScalas I've seen anywhere. Very fine look to the veneer. I've seen the doghouse grills done a time or two with veneer project Scalas. It's a practical matter, it would be near impossible to work veneer as far back as that in the bass bin. I've seen some nicely done grills that didn't show as much veneer as that. A real complement to the LaScala cosmetics, IMO.

These might very well be industrial LS. The jack plate is odd though. Usually there are two input terminals, so you can biamp the industrials. The jack plate does give the 200 watt capacity (of the K43 woofer) Did the owner take the mid/high cover off to photograph the innards? I think the side handles came standard on the one-piece industrials, but not the split cabinets.

They are pretty, though! Great veneer job!

Michael

Very nice looking La Scalas. I like the oak veneer & grills. I own 1989 Industrial La Scalas in unfinished raw birch. They have handles on the sides. He removed the rectangular back panel to photograph the innards-crossovers

& horns. Only has one set of binding posts. I like my La Scalas but after seeing them purty ones, I have veneer envy.

Regards, Mike