The SET Debate (again)

edwinr

Craig, cut Kev some slack will ya. He was playing off my earlier post -- he didn't mean anything by it.

Tom, that's a weak point. Unusual for you, you must be losing your touch. He builds and sells what he does because he believes it sounds good. Only an idiot builds and sells what he thinks sounds like crap.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/1/2005 10:37:04 AM khornn wrote:

...it is the owner of the small SET amplifier whom has truly come to appreciate high fidelity sound.

----------------

Ian,

So where were you last week? Now I've gone and ordered a restored ST-70, and my appreciation of hi-fi is in jeopardy. Fine time to let that one out of the bag! 2.gif

----------------

On 5/1/2005 5:26:43 PM TBrennan wrote:

If Graig sold SET amps we'd hear a different story from him. Most of what he says is informed by his financial self-interest, he is not a disinterested party.----------------

At least I'm interesting. Your not even remotely interesting just a crotchedy old fart not worth the time of day.

Craig

Oh and learn to Spell please

----------------

On 5/1/2005 5:30:08 PM DeanG wrote:

Craig, cut Kev some slack will ya. He was playing off my earlier post -- he didn't mean anything by it.

Tom, that's a weak point. Unusual for you, you must be losing your touch. He builds and sells what he does because he believes it sounds good. Only an idiot builds and sells what he thinks sounds like crap.----------------

That would be Tom! If he can make a few more bucks for doing less he's on it!

Got to run. I think I hear my mom calling me. I say think because I can barely hear her. She must be using that SET bull horn again.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But, before I leave, let it be known that I use and appreciate both SET and PP. I use the SET to appreciate hi-fi and the PP to heat my house.*

* None of the foregoing is true, for a moment I mistakenly assumed that I was Mitch Albom and that the truth didnt matter.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 5:51:26 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 5/1/2005 5:30:08 PM DeanG wrote:

Tom, that's a weak point. Unusual for you, you must be losing your touch. He builds and sells what he does because he believes it sounds good. Only an idiot builds and sells what he thinks sounds like crap.

----------------

That would be Tom! If he can make a few more bucks for doing less he's on it!

----------------

no...

he's just off his medication again

something his therapist warned him against

hi,

Let's see if we can hit 200 (posts in this thread), it should be real intersting.

I reread Kev's posts and find nothing offensive in them.

BTW who is AC/DC, is he good to listen to ? Does he play the sax ?

Another BTW, " Charazz, Tralphaz and Beluga. " define these word please, I'm dying to know what they mean and if I can use them in public.

Ok, I'm heading back to my pull-push, opps, I mean push-pull amp. Oh boy, sometimes I get so mixed up. I think the SET people got it eaiser, its only one word.

All this is in jest ...except the first and second sentences of this post.

Larry

----------------

On 5/1/2005 4:43:50 PM DeanG wrote:

Indy is fast approaching, and anyone wishing to bring a SET amp for the mixer Friday night is more than welcome to do so. I even promise to hold Craig and Paul at bay while the
more serious audiophiles
set up for the demonstration. Those of us lacking sophistication in the "audio arts" will sit down, shut up, and try not to make funny faces -- as the more astute show how to fill a room with realistic live levels using less than a watt.

----------------

Please give me a nudge to wake me up when the science demonstration is over.

You may be kidding about the sophistication thing, but it's actually appropriate for a certain subset of the cult. The "Only someone with golden ears can truly savor the sublimity of this most delicate presentation of the inner truth of pure music" subset. Then they'll put on Jacintha.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 6:38:27 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Anyone have any good jokes? ...Other then this thread?
2.gif9.gif

Opps! I'm sure someone is offended!
2.gif9.gif11.gif14.gif16.gif

----------------

I only click on this post because I busted a gut when fini posted the "civilized manor" picture. 9.gif

Dragonfyr you must be totally disinterested in this topic because usually I find it entertaining when you are pushing peoples buttons. 2.gif

I've come to this thread way too late and it looks

like it's winding down, but I'm curious about

people's listening history in arguments on SET

on this forum.

Who here have been long-time Klipsch owners

and have tried SET and prefer it - vs - those

who are SET owners who have become Klipsch

owners because of its high efficiency, and

prefer that combination?

Steve.

Craig---You and your syncophants can be as smart-alecky as you like. The fact remains that you make money making one kind of amp and are critical of another.

Common ethics would suggest that you make your financial interests clear.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 8:03:11 PM DizRotus wrote:

You Canadians always stick together. Eh? Next it'll be Anne Murray that we should like.

Ok, I'll risk Dean's wrath. I agree with you about the Live in Paris DVD.

----------------

the "Live in Paris" DVD is very good... but the "Live at the Montreal Jazz festival" DVD is even better...... and as much as i respect Dean's opinion in other matters... he is missing the boat on this subject....

1.gif

----------------

On 5/1/2005 8:09:55 PM TBrennan wrote:

Craig---You and your syncophants can be as smart-alecky as you like. The fact remains that you make money making one kind of amp and are critical of another.

Common ethics would suggest that you make your financial interests clear.

----------------

maybe you should take your meds and read a few more of craig's posts....

craig is very open in his posts and his motivations...... but someone in therapy like yourself might miss that...

minn-male (and why the emphasis on male, very telling), if you want to be funny or insulting your overreliance on "therapy" and "meds" and such is getting old and is hardly original in any case.

Come up with something witty or droll if you can, which I doubt.

I imagine that in person you're quite the dullard.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 8:37:02 PM TBrennan wrote:

if you want to be funny or insulting your overreliance on "therapy" and "meds" and such is getting old and is hardly original in any case....

----------------

LOL

i'm sorry...

i didn't realize that so many other posters had made the same recommendations....

your going off your meds must be obvious to many more people than i thought....

LOL