Common Courtesy is Too Uncommon (Looonng)

An excellent well-reasoned discourse on common courtesy utilizing some gentle humor and satire to help make your point.

Good work Neil.

I have no problem with regulars getting into various donneybrooks, as long as respect is given. There is no great moral imperative involved just simple respect. I have however, from time to time, seen folks here hijack threads by newcomers seeking legitamate information to pursue a particular point. I really don't think that is proper at all. It's a public forum. Part of the reason we are allowed to play in here and develop our friendships, viewponts, whatever, is to make sure that people coming buy receive reasoned, friendly advice and feel welcomed.

Having said all that I am of course, exempt from all rules, restrictions etc., because as you can see below, I am "A legend in my Own Mind" and thus well above basic societal constraints. (if it's in black and white it must be true)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 5/3/2005 2:54:32 PM thebes wrote:

I have no problem with regulars getting into various donneybrooks, as long as respect is given. There is no great moral imperative involved just simple respect. I have however, from time to time, seen folks here hijack threads by newcomers seeking legitamate information to pursue a particular point. I really don't think that is proper at all. It's a public forum. Part of the reason we are allowed to play in here and develop our friendships, viewponts, whatever, is to make sure that people coming buy receive reasoned, friendly advice and feel welcomed.

----------------

The Klipsch Forum is not a public forum. It is a private forum created by, paid for, and maintained by Klipsch. Posters merely provide all the content, for free.

There are hundreds of posts that ask for advice that are ignored. You can see by the reply count and hit count. The threads that get the tremendous action are the very same threads that some complain about.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 11:01:57 AM Amy Unger wrote:

I'm not sure how to take this initial post, or subsequent conspiracy theories.

I think we should take it at face value and infer no additional meaning, and leave it at that.

The best paragraph reads, "I think Mark Twain said something like, 'Better to remain silent and risk being thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
Too many here have removed all doubt about their incivility and lack of common courtesy, through their foolish behavior."

Let's stop there, shall we?

----------------

Having given great thought to Amy's Post, I have decided that it is time Courtesy and fun with no personal attacks, veiled or stated, no baiting, no personal comments unless asked for specifically should be the point.

For others interested only in attacks or baiting, there's probably a WWF site where that would fit.

I will go with the tone set by Marvel, seconded by by Amy. It's time to lose the cynicism.

I have only made one grammar mistake on the forum. And when I seen I done it, I taken it right back.

No fooling. I taught for seven years in a graduate program at a local university. You should have seen the mess I had to read for term papers. These kids were working on master's degrees!

All-in-all, the forum suits me. Enough on the personal attacks.

DR BILL

----------------

On 5/2/2005 7:24:25 PM dodger wrote:

If I may ask a favor, I do not know how to adjust / change the size of the text as you do. At your comfort would you send instructions to me?

--------------

Dodger,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ill explain how to manipulate fonts and more over the weekend via PM.