Common Courtesy is Too Uncommon (Looonng)

On 5/2/2005 11:10:33 PM NOSValves wrote:

There is much here that many don't know about that happen behind the scenes. Some of the "Thin Skinned" responses are because of things that have never been seen out in the open. Just thought I might inject some clues as to my thing skinned nature at times with certain people.

Great post some of it really hit home. Maybe others will take it to heart also.

Craig

I think that's why there is a "Private Message" button -- you know, so you can clear the air without the benefit of spectators. If it's never been seen, it really can stay that way and no one will be hurt.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow,

Some have taken it to heart? I thought that was a heady piece of satire and laughed hysterically. Hell, the subtlety by which the writer named the objects of his dismay truly impressed me. It was a very good piece of writing and extremely well thought out, but a moral imperative it was not. I do agree some folks would do well to keep a dictionary and thesaurus at their side and yes, I would like the insults to be as witty and subtle as the writer demonstrated in his piece. Sometimes, however, a persons inability to demonstrate even a smattering of intellect or reason necessitates putting down the paring knife and employing the axe.

Fini, still biting?

----------------

On 5/2/2005 11:25:59 PM triceratops wrote:

Craig,

Didn't you say something about taking Diz's post to heart?

Best in horns,

triceratops----------------

I think you should go back and look at the last posts of Fini's for I don't know how long and see how many times old "I have nothing to do Fini" has been following me around with his childish little one liners. The guy just simply needs to get a real life he spends 14 hours a day on here and never ads a thing but childish and some what humorous posts. I first took this to PM's over a week ago making it absolutely clear I was tired of him posting behind me with his smirk little comments. I then again ignored him for a week but he did not give up. I've been nice and ignored them for a good long time now. That is over from here on out. I am right now going to PM Amy requesting that Fini be told to quit baiting me or I will not hold back a thing. We all know just how nasty I can be THIS IS NOT BEING THIN SKINNED. I do not have to put up with his childish games. HE REALLY DOES NEED TO GET A LIFE.

ARE YOU BLIND TO HIS COMMENT ABOVE??? Or do you just find his childish posts amusing.

Craig

----------------

On 5/2/2005 11:35:13 PM Olorin wrote:

On 5/2/2005 11:10:33 PM NOSValves wrote:

There is much here that many don't know about that happen behind the scenes. Some of the "Thin Skinned" responses are because of things that have never been seen out in the open. Just thought I might inject some clues as to my thing skinned nature at times with certain people.

Great post some of it really hit home. Maybe others will take it to heart also.

Craig

I think that's why there is a "Private Message" button -- you know, so you can clear the air without the benefit of spectators. If it's never been seen, it really can stay that way and no one will be hurt.

----------------

Oh so very true and I try to keep my stuff in PM's but then some whining little wimper boy just posts it up on the forum or emails to someone saying "I just had to get this off my chest boo hoo"

Craig

Yeah Craig, we're cool. I jumped because I felt it a little uncomfortable between us. Conversation on a forum like this is very difficult when there are two sides discussing differences. It takes a lot of time to form the right response. I didn't have the time to do it correctly anymore.

Then the whole thing got ridiculous and entertaining, so I just stayed out.

Maybe I'll see you in Indy?

Greg

----------------

On 5/2/2005 6:37:37 PM DizRotus wrote:

I think Mark Twain said something like, “Better to remain silent and risk being thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
Too many here have removed all doubt about their incivility and lack of common courtesy, through their foolish behavior.

----------------

Very nice post. My wife works as a proof reader and copy editor, so much of what you say really hits home.

Mark Twain may have read more Bible than I thought.

Proverbs 17:28

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,

and discerning if he holds his tongue.

Keep it up fini. To bad you live on the West coast.

Marvel

Diz,

While I agree with you for the most part, I think you misconstrued what I was trying to say in that thread that involved the comments about rap music. My "retort" was really just a comment meant to criticize a childish dismissal of an entire genre. It wasn't meant to be clever. I don't think that your comment was too bad, I actually thought it was pretty funny, and at its (yes, that's right, no apostrophe!) root really just expressed a preference. Obviously, there's nothing wrong with that.

What I objected to was the comments like, "Well, which is it, rap or music?" What you apparently perceived as an attack on old farts that listen to jazz or classical was merely a comparison to make a point. Sorry if I didn't make it well enough. Though I'm not quite an old fart yet, I do listen to a lot of jazz, and a little bit of classical now and again. So do many people I like and respect that hang out here.

BTW, I wasn't offended by anything in that thread, nor do I see where anyone should be (except maybe 50cent). There's a big difference between being offended and merely objecting to something.

Best regards,

Ben

In reading replies, I read that this post should not be taken at face value.

It must be dissected for veiled comments about those that are the objects of the writers irritation.

A re-reading could find that, if looked for. But then a simple definition can be found just by the words.

It depends on your frame of mind.

If this post is just veiled comments, I feel sorry that a number have been taken in.

That would be a sorry use of the Forum and of this post. No humour could or would be found. That would not be thin skinned, that would be by implication of other posts.

Some would rather NOT to have to examine every seemingly positive post for comments. If that is the case, IMHO, the Poster is in the same league as those being complained about.

Also then one may as well add me to the comments.

Win

----------------

On 5/3/2005 8:40:56 AM greg928s4 wrote:

Yeah Craig, we're cool. I jumped because I felt it a little uncomfortable between us. Conversation on a forum like this is very difficult when there are two sides discussing differences. It takes a lot of time to form the right response. I didn't have the time to do it correctly anymore.

Then the whole thing got ridiculous and entertaining, so I just stayed out.

Maybe I'll see you in Indy?

Greg----------------

Of course we will finally meet at Indy and I'm looking forward to it. For the record I was not upset with you in anyway. I know my post can be overly serious but I take my customers opinions very seriously. You should bring your SET amps if possible and then we won't have to talk about it we can compare it. That would be awesome.

Craig

• Moderators

I'm not sure how to take this initial post, or subsequent conspiracy theories.

I think we should take it at face value and infer no additional meaning, and leave it at that.

The best paragraph reads, "I think Mark Twain said something like, 'Better to remain silent and risk being thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.' Too many here have removed all doubt about their incivility and lack of common courtesy, through their foolish behavior."

Let's stop there, shall we?

----------------

On 5/3/2005 10:15:16 AM dodger wrote:

In reading replies, I read that this post should not be taken at face value.

It must be dissected for veiled comments about those that are the objects of the writers irritation.

A re-reading could find that, if looked for. But then a simple definition can be found just by the words.

It depends on your frame of mind.

If this post is just veiled comments, I feel sorry that a number have been taken in.

That would be a sorry use of the Forum and of this post. No humour could or would be found. That would not be thin skinned, that would be by implication of other posts.

Some would rather NOT to have to examine every seemingly positive post for comments. If that is the case, IMHO, the Poster is in the same league as those being complained about.

Also then one may as well add me to the comments.

Win

----------------

An extremely perceptive post, Dodger.