just ordered...the RF-7 system

--udson

Well, I took the plunge on the RF-7 line. It gets here next Wednesday. I don't think I've been this excited since I bought my first motorcycle.

I auditioned this line a month ago. I'll be 80% HT and 10% each for video games and music. It was the first system I heard on this my first experience buying serious speakers. I then went to a few other stores and heard several lines of Polk, Infinity, Paradigm, and B&W. I gotta say nothing impressed me as much as the RF-7s. I went back fearing it was just a big first impression...but I was awed again at the presence, clarity and power of the system.

To tell you the truth, I planned and almost went for the RF-35 line, but I couldn't escape the nagging feeling I would pine for the RF-7s. Why not invest a bit more and be happy for so many years? I don't have buyer's remorse yet, and hope I never do...

It was great reading all your comments and criticisms. They really helped my decision. The one area I went against general consensus was the receiver. I bought the Yamaha rx-v2500 which was running the speakers when I auditioned. I came close to denon and pio elite, but I felt I got the best reciever for me. I read everywhere how good Yamaha's stuff is. Hopefully in my less HT-prepped room things don't brighten too much for me. And the RSW-15, while I've heard complaints of it's sub 30hz performace, I can't see it exactly being "average" as some have written on forums.

I look forward to digging deeper into the forums for your thoughts on setup, tricks and tweaks.

Thanks to all!

][udson

Argh this is taking too long! Did anyone else start having speaker dreams? ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To tell you the truth, I planned and almost went for the RF-35 line, but I couldn't escape the nagging feeling I would pine for the RF-7s. Why not invest a bit more and be happy for so many years? I don't have buyer's remorse yet, and hope I never do..."

Very smart move. Congrats and welcome to the forum. Your going to love the RSW15, its very quick and good for music and movies IMO, plus it can keep up with the output of the RF7s which is no small feat. Enjoy and post pic of your HT once you get thing set up.

Conratulations! Your system will ROCK! It will last over 10 years and bring you pleasure every time you hear someone elses non-Klipsch system. You will be suprised at how much better your gear sounds. Remember, if you can't buy Klipsch, don't buy at all!

Thanks! I am sooo pumped. I've been envying you all for some time. I agree on how it stacks up vs. other similarly priced systems. Nothing came close enough. Especially on vocals. The Klipsch played them so truthfully.

][udson

Congrats!!! Gonna be rocking at your house!

Welcome to the "nuthouse"... ( I mean forum = same thing!! lol)

The RSW 15 is a wonderful! Tell people that nock it for whatever reason to come over and hear it at your house and say it just isn't fantastic!!!

Reference 7 speakers and a RSW 15= Heaven!!!

Another congrats on ordering your system. Good choice in the 7s over the 35s. I nearly did the same thing, but also felt that I would always regret not spending a bit more and avoiding upgraditis. I was right about the speakers, wrong about upgraditis!!! lol

Welcome to the forum, by the way!!!

David

You'll love the RF-7. I can't get enough of mine. I have the RF-7 and the KLF-20 and I can hear the nice improvements in the RF-7 over the KLF-20. I've been very impressed with the midrange on the RF-7, as well as all other areas. I listen to many speakers, some many more times the cost of the RF-7 and I still came back to the Klipsch RF-7. Some very over-priced speakers still didn't even come close to the performance of the RF-7. I'm very pleased I found the RF-7 and to think I almost didn't give them a chance until I had a listen at an invite to hear them, when I heard it changed my view on some of the negative comments on the RF-7 that some guys try to claim here about them, leaving me with, either their negative remarks are all fud, or they don't know what equipment to run with the wonderful RF-7!!!! Happy RF-7ing, enjoy!

Msst, I totally agree so far. Everything else I heard wasn't the same or close. I guess the horns and Klipsch design proabbly stand out as "different" more than any other speaker line. I suppose that difference is bad to some, but at least for us, nothing compares. I'll say it again, the most impressive thing to me in the demo was how true the vocals were. This area was not nearly matched by any other system I listened to. And the clarity and presense was the next thing. Everything else sounded muddy, or boomy, or lifeless.

I spent a couple of hours reading reviews for the system. I know, I know, I already bought it. But it helped to fuel my excitement. It seems positive to negative comments are about 9-1. Most people range from very happy, to downright euphoric.

My screen arrived last night, and it's up on the wall. The speakers are already placed before arriving and I've got cables ready to go. Roll on next Wednesday...I hope!

Reminds me of the excitement I had when I got my RF-7. What wood color are you getting? I got the Cherry Wood and love the look with the copper color cones. The midrange on the RF-7 is just beautiful, very accurate, clear, and vocals sound very real to life - life like, you hear every thing, as if the person is singing in front of you, more convincing than anything I've ever heard.

My last speakers cost me over 4.5x the cost of the Klipsch RF-7 and the RF-7 sound much better in all areas and vocals are so sweet and real, it's made me want to listen to more CD vocals on the RF-7 of how much it reveals in the vocal details, very nice, you're gonna love it! You made a very wise choice and will enjoy many years of music bliss with them!

-Spkrdctr said: "It will last over 10 years"

Spkrdctr,

It will last well over 30 ++ years and more if taken well care of, Klipsch has a very good reputation for lasting many, many, many, years for all their speaker line and part of Klipsch reputation that keeps us buying their products with this in mind! Klipsch also holds their resale value very well. Lets just hope it always stays this way!!! The danger in this is when a company sells to another company that has a different vision in mind and starts going down hill from there.

Any speaker should last well over much more than 10 year mark or it's junk and not worth buying.

Hi Kathy. I opted for the black finish. I've got a wall of black bookshelves and other black furniture in a steel-grey room, light hardwood floors, w/ white trim & crown moulding. Cherry may not have looked too bad, but I thought black was the best to go with. It would match any decor as well, I think.

When did you get the RF-7s? What did you have before? Are you into music more or home theater? This is my first serious system. It did stretch my budget more than I wanted to spend, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. When you stretch it over the many years I will enjoy them, the expense is pretty low by the year ;)