El Pollo Loco vs. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Bojsngles chicken in Tennesee. Simply the best there is. Have not had it in 20 years, but my memories of eating there with mom never fade.

The replacement, we have Baja Fresh here in Las Vegas. Unbelieveably good maxican food. Lean meat, best salsa I have ever had. No stomach ackes. OH YEA!

Chris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well we dont have any of the makes you mentioned except KFC. Did you know KFC is THE most popular fast food in China? Future looks good for the Colonel I would say.

Kenny Rogers came to Greece a few years ago - lasted about 18 months and closed down - pity - I really liked it.

Lets not talk about Wendys. It was my favorite burger chain and was very successful here for many years. Then the guy that owned the franchise passed it on to his son and the moron gambled it away. No more Wendies in Greece!

These days I have stopped eating fast food altogether - even Pizza. The only take out we eat are Souvlaki - which is still the best thing there is - you just couldnt eat it every day.

Not to suggest that I don't get the ha-ha funny intent of the post, but did you guys see Supersize Me?

That guy gained 10 pounds IN A WEEK. I think we all could have guessed that eating nothing but McDOnalds for a month was a bad idea, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad!

Kev, that movie was great! I got a kick out of the surprised doctors. And of course the scene when he had his first supersized meal. His bad luck that it happened to be a double quarter pounder with cheese meal. The poor guy ended up hurling out of his car window!

Best takeout food ever: A muffaletta from the Progress Grocery in Nawlins. Sadly, I heard they are gone now.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 4:25:18 PM Allan Songer wrote:

KFC SUCKS!

El Pollo Loco ROCKS!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is STUPID!

----------------

I'd have to agree with you, except on one point. KFC is much better at treating constipation.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 9:33:41 AM CaptnBob wrote:

Arby's too. And that frozen custard stand on the east coast.

Wonder why these things always come in bunches?

----------------

Yeah, I've been trying to finger that out, too.

I would have to agree that El pollo Loco is better. The reason is that their preparation is more consistent so all the franchises can deliver the same flavor. KFC varies greatly in final product from outlet to outlet. I've has some so greasy that you could literally ring the oil from them. Fortunately for me the best KFC I've had in years is nearby where I live now.

For me the greatest disappointment in fast food are the pizza franchises. Basically they serve dough, sometimes cooked, sometimes not. Hope the rest of you have a local pizza vendor who'll render a product worth eating.

"Krispy Kreme sucks!"

No lie Piranha. Hillbilly donuts. A sign of the degeneration of American culture. The damned things have so much sugar they make my teeth ache.

They make Dunkin Donuts seem as almost good as a old-time Chicago Bohemian or Swedish bakery.

By the way I love Dunkin Donuts coffee, I buy the beans and make the coffee at home.

Those goofy Sanseo machines make great coffee too, we use Maxwell House pads in ours.