Made it back with Khorns safely!! RAIN RAIN RAIN!!

Hey fini you should replace our local weather guy. It rained all the way up there and most of the way back. At one point I had to pull over in Los Banos for about 10 minutes my wipers could'nt keep up. Needed a frapachino anyway. Got there and hung out with the gentleman for a couple of hours. I must say a BEAUTIFUL home overlooking the bay. 3 stories and I was lucky he had the speakers moved to the street level. I had a great time talking audio and tubes and..... well you know.He had some of the nicest gear I've ever seen but out of respect for his privacy I won't go into his inventory. It was AMAZING though. We'll before you know it I had to get out and on my way home for the 3 1/2 hour drive back wich I was sure was gonna feel like cross country. I'll post some pics of the journy and the final arrival of the beautiful Khorns at my house. Needless to say Im proud to announce I came home with an unexpected pair of nice Wright Sound WPA3.5 Mono Block 2A3 single-ended power amps also.9.gif Now I'm gonna have to figure where to sit so I can have a listen. They are in perfect corners 20 feet apart right now as I gaze at them. Today was a good day indeed!10.gif

Heres a few picks.

Left early expecting rain. Well for once the weather guy was right. It rained all the way up there and back!

1323814CH0343web.jpg

Finally made good time and welcome to the Bay Area! :'(

1323814CH0356web.jpg

Well time to head home and like any good father made sure all my kids were straped in safely! I'm so proud! :D Only once did I have to say "If I have to pull over you gonna be sorry!" :-/

1323814CH0357web.jpg

After many mountain dew's and some coffee and a taco truck I'm only a few miles away!Things are getting fuzzy by now almost 8 hrs round trip.

1323814CH0359web.jpg

One picture of all the kids before I split them up and get them settled in their perspective places.

1323814CH0365web.jpg

And finally one of the little ones I felt sorry for as I brought him and his brother home as well.

1323814CH0369web.jpg

Congrats Charlieboy!!3.gif

Beautiful room! looks like a Klipsch showroom.

Love those Wrights too. They look like the fancy model that Griffinator sells rather than the utilitarian ones on the web. They look right at home on the Heresys.

To answer your question in another thread. you should get your best imaging at about 12 feet from the front wall. For WAF one of those nice, comfortable leather office chairs (like the one I'm stittng on) would work well for serious listening just and roll out of the way at other times. Just lean back and enjoy!3.gif3.gif3.gif

YMMV

Rick

----------------

On 5/6/2005 10:19:56 AM Woodog wrote:

I think it is amazing how the Cornwalls can look small and the Heresys absolutely tiny. Scary, isn't it?

woo

----------------

LOL I was just thinking the same thing!!

Congradulations on finding a pair of KHorns!!

Laters,

Jeff

Where are the La Scalas???

hahahahahaha!!!!!

Needless to say Im proud to announce I came home with an unexpected pair of nice Wright Sound WPA3.5 Mono Block 2A3 single-ended power amps also.

What did you see/ hear in the Wright Tube Amps you just had to have them? I have heard great things with the combo to K horns!

How did you find them? Why did the owner want to get rid of them? What will the owner be using in place of the Klipschorn? I'm always curious why I see so many Klipschorns for sale and what people use after no longer having a Klipschorn?? Does make you wonder though! 6.gif6.gif6.gif

Hi Kathy,

Well like I mentioned earlier without giving to much away about the gentleman I can say he had some of the nicest stuff I've ever seen. These had been sitting wrapped up for about 2 years. Put it this way. He probably had more value in tubes sitting in 1 small drawer than I have ever had in all my equipment over the years. Having all that costly equipment he still said he loved the Klipschorns

but was moving on to some custom made horns. I hope my invite is still open to go back in July to his house for a listen , and mabye do some more shopping!9.gif