What kind of racks are people using?

arthurs

I guess I'll admit my relic status -- I still use my old CWD cabinets from the mid 80's -terribly un-chic today. But I still like the way they look with their medium oak finish, and they are solid, so I'll probably keep them for the forseeable future.

Right now I'm using the Haropa 13SVG steel and glass AV rack for my system, $149 new on eBay (I think they retail for $399 or more)...see my system profile. Before that I used my folk's 1970 Danish solid walnut cadenza before damn Hurricane Jeanne waterlogged it when my room flooded! I really liked it in its oh, so groovy, far out way!10.gif

----------------

On 5/14/2005 4:49:18 AM chuckears wrote:

I can't believe people think racks make a difference in sound quality; time after time, blind A-B testing has proven that there is not a single sonic benefit to placing your components on a rack.

So do what I do: Spread them out on the floor.

So everyone can see your expensive cables.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif">

----------------

I use cheep cables so I need racks!9.gif

gus1.jpg

This is what I'm using. I bought these a few years ago at Circuit City for $99 each. Got two of them, one to hold my two channel gear and the other for the HT stuff. This rack is very sturdy and fairly heavy. They can hold several hundred pounds of weight. I didn't care for the silver posts (steel), so I painted them black. They are tough to beat at that price. I don't know if Circuit City still carries them though, they were on sale when I bought them (and may have been on clearance).

----------------

On 5/15/2005 7:04:49 PM Born2RockU wrote:

ShapeShifter:

How are the upper levels of those Salamander shelves holding up,

w/ those "incredible" tubes Amps ?

----------------

Born2RockU,

Very Well! Everything is stable with no vibrations, & the TT is on a Bright Star iso platform as an added measure of isolation.

Thanks for the compliment on the amps.

Wes

I glommed my father-in-law's 1955 RCA B&W television out of his basement, took all of the guts out of it, and set most of my components in it. The amp and reciever sit on top. The cabinet needed some cleaning, but once I did it turned out to be a damn fine piece of furniture.