Things I shouldn't have done

I saw this in a motorcycle forum and it is getting very funny over there and I would like to see what we can get in here.

I'll start it off.

I shouldn't have tried to enlarge the hole in my entertainment system for the rear of the TV to stick through with a jigsaw while the brand new TV was just slid forward. You guessed it, TV went crashing to the floor and punched a hole in the sub floor. The ironic thing is that the TV still works to this day and that was about 14 years ago.

Steve

I shouldn't have bought my center channel before measuring to see how big that thing really was!

I shouldn't have just run a single pair of in-wall wires to each wall plate...

I shouldn't have bought new speakers before upgrading the 30 year old couch (that one was for the wife).

I shouldn't have tested my new speakers to see how loud they really went (that one was for the neighbor).

I shouldn't have bought that last component before measuring how much room I had left in my AV rack...

I shouldnt have bought a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's because they sound like dog doo.

Now it's time to find something else, maybe RF7's or RVX 54's.

I also shouldnt have tried to break in my new RSX5's on too loud a volume before walking out the door for 3 hours. It permanently ruined one.

I shouldn't have held on to all of my stocks in early 2000, thinking I would be a millionaire by the end of the year. 5.gif

I shouldn't have compounded that mistake by piling so much money into my own company stock just months before bankruptcy was declared in 2002. 8.gif

I shouldn't have open this thread to remind me what a big dumb@$$ I was... and still am to a point! 15.gif

Hmmm, only thing I regret selling is that old 4x12" Ampeg V4 cabinet. I've kept pretty much everything else.

I shouldn't have said, "No, school comes first." when I was offered a touring gig (with a really good band, too) at 17 years old.

I shouldn't have chickened out on an offer to move out to LA six years ago.

Ah, chit. I shouldn't have started writing this post. It'll be so nice to wotk retail tomorrow...

I shouldn't have let a bad channel in a cheap EQ let me think I had a blown tweeter in one of my KG4's. It led me here, and look where that's gotten me!!

A new (to me)Perreaux PFM1850 amp, a pair of Dahlquist DQ20's that need repair, a pair of The Advent Loudspeaker that need repair, a Carver preamp that works great after a little cleaning, a box of 50 or so albums with no decent TT to play em on, a host of new friends, a dedication to building a dedicated 2-channel listening room in our new house, an education on many things audio related, and a lot of good laughs with a few goodhearted arguements thrown in.

Not to mention a new spare tweeter for a KG4. 9.gif

Thanks a lot. It's all your fault.

I shouldn't have sold the 3/4 size Gibson electric hollowbody for $100 with brown pink plush case, since I've never seen it in ANY of the Gibson guitar collection books.15.gif

Marvel

----------------

On 5/18/2005 8:29:32 PM Maron Horonzak wrote:

I shouldnt have thrown away my #27 Detective comic The origin of Batman when I was a kid. Its now worth $275,000. BWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

Ouch!