Wake up in California!!!!!! Ebay Corns! $399+Heresy's

BS Button

hello, thanks for offering the cornwalls. i was the 12th viewer of the ebay auction and first to post it in this forum "great buy on cornwall"s, hurry, just listed, calif. only". i live in new york and wasnt able to bid. i am new to klipsh speakers and this forum. i would like to purchase the cornwalls if you are willing to ship them. i wouldnt ask except walnut cornwall's dont seem to be to plentiful. i certainly couldnt blame you if you choose not to ship in favor of local pick up. i wouldnt expect you to take on the extra work involved for nothing. i would make it a little easier for you by shipping you custum made shipping boxes. the boxes would be lined with 2 inch thick styrofoam board on top and 4 sides with 4 inch thickness on the bottom that would have 2 inch deep recess for the riser to sit into. with container standing upright you would just have tip and slide speaker into container and retape. i have cornwalls with risers so i know what the exact inside demensions would have to be. the peace of mind i would get from sending you my containers would be worth cost to ship them to you. if you want you can check my ebay feedback and contact me via ask "seller a question". i have 2 listings up now. my ebay ID is tuned4life. you can see by my feedback that im no stranger to packing and shipping speakers. thanks for your consideration. doug

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 12:18:23 PM rplace wrote:

As I remember it…and I could be wrong…

That belle idiot was not a forum member until he scored the 300 dollar belles from an old lady then came here to gloat about the good deal he got and offer them up on ebay for not-much-of-a-deal-reserve-price. ..........................

----------------

That's what I was getting at. DecibleLvr was getting thrown under the bus without any justification. Critics were shooting from the hip for no reason, except maybe being envious of his good find. Heck, I am jealous but there is no reason for me to spout off from behind a keyboard.

Thanks fini, and thank you for changing that avatar! Now just what is your current one? A huge python fan I am, but your last one just creped me out. I am thinking of giving my homer one a makeover. Any suggestions?

i suspected there wouldbe west coast folks ahead of me. i know to catch a keeper ive got to have a hook in the water. i would only take on the expense and risks involved if they are infact mint walnut veneer with mitered corners. after taking a closer look i couldnt tell if they are walnut veneer or stained or if corners are mitered. alot hangs in the balance.

Too funny Scott, LOL. 9.gif Just what this thread needed a good laugh. Could you imagine the real buyer showing up after phony guy shows up and says "Hey, I'm here to pick up the speakers...here is the cash"

----------------

On 5/24/2005 3:29:41 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Man......I feel bad for the way this guy's being treated. He found a great deal and jumped on it. Now his forum "brothers" are slamming him for not giving the speakers away. That's a shame.

Rick.

----------------

No kidding. lighten up people. In the last month I watched as someone on this forum ripped a new guy a new one for posting his ebay listing. Now, this person has the loyalty to make them available here first, and this is the response he gets?

He saw the opportunity. He acted out on the same right you and I have. Since he doesn't need them, he is passing them along for a decent price. Good for him.

Some people take this forum a bit to seriously...

The point is, he didn't do anything to the speakers, he didn't put any work into them or anything, to make them worth more than he paid. He's just a pure middleman. And he wants us to admire him for his bravery, for the risk he took in buying the speakers, because they might not be in perfect shape.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 8:54:30 PM BS Button wrote:

Tuned for Life...actually..check the posting time of "You won't believe the deal on ebay right now" gotcha by 15 seconds...TEE HEE

----------------

I didn't check, but who put it in first for the correct category, general versus 2-channel. That should be your winner! Was that you?

I will apologize for my comments to decibellvr. They were unfounded. I was generalizing based on the FL Belles guy. I am sorry for my comments. You found em fair and square and jumped on a good purchase. Many of us have had good fortune bestowed upon us as well. Far be from me to judge your motives not having known you. Contrary to belief, my goal is not to own all the Cornwalls on the planet.

The general feel towards profiteering still stands but I meant you or your efforts no harm.

Please accept my apology. Fini and Rplace have already said it better than I could. We do try to be gentlemen here.

Michael

Michael,

Glad you hear you say that! He offered them here first and he has e-mailed me with all of his concerns. I don't think that some here are as attached the the legendary PWK as say I am, nor you. Don't get me wrong: I am not for profiteering either, but some non-member could've bought these and re-sold on e-bay and we would not have known. I don't think some of these guys know what some of us have gone through to pick up a pair and you know what it's like to finally pull the trigger, because you've got every stinkin pair east of the Mississippi!

-Thou shall not split matching pairs, however.

BS Button

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 9:11:33 PM st. patrick wrote:

. . . and again Michael demonstrates that he is truly a classy guy. A klipsch fanatic for sure, a CW zealot of course, but a really good guy none-the-less.

----------------

I agree!

Talk about passion, even hockey players usually shake hands after cursing each other out and beating the snot out of one another after 60 brutal minutes. Except for rare occassions, usually the guys who can't turn it off after 60 minutes are losers anyway.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 9:50:01 PM No NHL ! ?? wrote:

----------------

[/blockquote>

Boxers usually beat the hell out of each other for 10 rounds or UFC fighters who beat the living SH@t out of each other for 3 (5min) rounds hug each other the fight.

Anyway nice to see some one say sorry. Takes more effort/compassion than to flame.