What movie for Premier night?

mandi

Okay, I will attach a picture when we are ready but I am about two weeks out from our first showing at "MANDI'S OUTDOOR THEATRE"

So, if you were to pick a movie for premier night what would it be? This will be for kids and adults. Kids are 9 to 14, adults are 25 to 50, but all adults act like kids.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Options for me would include;

Monsters Inc.

U 541

The Aviator (should be out on DVD by then) but may be a little much for the youngest members.

Rocketier (a good family film)

Flight of the Phoenix (either the original or remake) Soundtrack would be better on the remake but I think the original was a better movie.

I Robot (may be a little much for younger members)

Independence day

Hunt for Red October

Kindergarten Cop

Under Siege

There are many more but this will get you thinking.

I thought about finding Nemo or Lion King. Those are pretty good and have good sound tracks, Plus I can easily get a poster of either. I am not sure how late we will have to wait. I have not experimented yet, since I am still waiting on the cables. Maybe "The aviator"

For my premiere last weekend, we watched the first Starwars of the new Series, then went the next day to see the latest one. I am please to say that my Home expirience was much better than the $6.50 per person one. the audio at home is crisper and the depth seemed more broad. I am very impressed with the klipsch HT speakers I bought.

F3's, S2's, C2, and S12 sub.

Kirby

• Moderators

----------------

On 6/1/2005 9:49:19 AM mandi wrote:

I thought about finding Nemo or Lion King. Those are pretty good and have good sound tracks, Plus I can easily get a poster of either. I am not sure how late we will have to wait. I have not experimented yet, since I am still waiting on the cables. Maybe "The aviator"----------------

I would not get the Aviator for the smaller kids!!

Some sexuality, many disturbing images (graphic plane crash, scenes of Hughes' mental decline, etc). Plus it's very long and definitely wouldn't hold their interest.

How about the Sandlot? Not sure about the soundtrack, but great movie for the beginning of summer...

Amy it is funny you mention Sandlot. I have to routinely go into the neighbors yard to retrieve stuff because the kids are afraid of the dog. Made me think of that movie on several occasions.

I thought about doing a Star wars marathon sleep over for the kids but the neighbors might not like slashing light sabers at three in the morning, course I doubt any of the kids (or adults) would last that long either.

I second Sandlot. Great movie-some minor profanity, but not too much. The Incredibles is another good one for the wide audience and would allow you to show your system off a bit more. I would also consider Apollo 13-great movie, excellent storyline (especially since it's true) albeit with a tad more profanity.

Let us know how it goes!!!

David

I vote "Secondhand Lions". Rated PG; it's a great movie. It might have some language, but it's not bad.

"Forbidden Planet" Best Robot ever, rated G, but will scare the pants off the kids. They'll love it!

The 1953 version of "The War of the Worlds".

----------------

On 6/1/2005 10:40:14 PM Seadog wrote:

'Iron Giant' was a favorite with my kids for a long time. Unique antimation style and Good sound effects too.

----------------

Great recommendation. Also, about the only film with Vin Diesel where his horribly thin talent is not overwhelmed.

Now that I see the direction you are heading, may I recommend:

Taxi and Raising Helen, both are great movies, low on language, sex content and are great fun. There are a couple of times that Taxi goes to the edge with sexual innuendo but compared to the new Carls Jr commercial with Paris Hilton, both movies are strictly "G" rated.

Taxi has some great car chases and a good soundtrack. Raising Helen is a sweet story of a woman who was single and gets her sisters kids when they die in a car crash and how she accepts the responsibility for them.