My Scout will be for sale soon/upgrading to an Aries 1

jazman

I will be selling my VPI Scout with JMW 9 arm. It's in excellent condition. I take pretty good care of my equipment. Asking price $1000.00

If any one is interested prior to me posting it on Audiogon in a week or so, send me an email/pm. I simply could not pass on a good opportunity to upgrade to a VPI Aries 1 table that I will be pairing initially with a JMW 10 tonearm.

Klipsch out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/7/2005 2:52:27 PM rplace wrote:

Where were you a month ago???
2.gif3.gif
I would have been all over it.
----------------

Sorry.

A month ago, the chance to purchase the Aries 1 did not exist, so I had no intention of selling my Scout. Unfortunately, that was then, this is now. Someone will get a good deal.

Klipsch out.

Sorry.

A month ago, the chance to purchase the Aries 1 did not exist, so I had no intention of selling my Scout. Unfortunately, that was then, this is now. Someone will get a good deal.

----------------

That is in fact a GREAT deal. I second the "nice" for offering it up here first. Even though I can't take advantage of it. Best of luck to you. I am sure you won't have any trouble selling it at that price.

Jazzman, you have a PM.

Tom, if you don't want it, I've got second dibs!

I'm done with my Music Hall MMF-5, and was thinking of either upgrading to the MMF-9 with Pro-Ject 9 tonearm and Goldring Maestro (a modified Eroica cartridge), or the VPI Aries Scout. And whaddya know, it's up for sale here! Only thing is, wil the Dynavector 10x5 cartridge be included too?

----------------

On 6/8/2005 9:36:41 AM Piranha wrote:

Thanks for all the input guys. I am out of the running on this table. Hoepfully nicoltl or someone else around here will snag it before it goes to Agon.

----------------

Huh? Not ready yet? I thought for sure you'd be grabbing it!

Good luck Edmond. I'm sure someone will jump on it quickly if you don't get a sale here. Used Scouts last about 2 minutes on A'gon.

Congrats on the Aries! I drooled over that exact table when I began my initial TT quest. It's certainly a nicely built piece of gear!

----------------

On 6/8/2005 2:02:52 PM garymd wrote:

Good luck Edmond. I'm sure someone will jump on it quickly if you don't get a sale here. Used Scouts last about 2 minutes on A'gon.

Congrats on the Aries! I drooled over that exact table when I began my initial TT quest. It's certainly a nicely built piece of gear!

--------------

Gary,

For those worried about shipping, I still have the original factory shipping box with all of the padding, just like it was shipped to me.

If I did not need the money to finance the JMW 10 tonearm for the Aries 1, I would not sell the Scout. I would use it in my bedroom system. If no one here purchases it, I'll raise the price a little and sell it on Audiogon. Currently, there's not one used Scout for sale there, so it should not stay listed too long. I think I'll go spin "6 pieces of Silver" by the Horace Silver Quintet, Blue Note 1539.

Klipsch out.