Just bought Heresy II's for $89.99...

kenratboy

----------------

On 6/7/2005 9:32:49 PM kenratboy wrote:

Thanks everyone, and feel free to make a dart board out of my head.

Hmmmm, need to see how well they work as centers.

Any input on the serial numbers? Honestly, it looks like NOTHING was ever put on the back of the speakers. WTF?

----------------

Hey I was nice. I gave you advice. Don't get rid of those grills! By the way if it makes you feel any better. My bros' heresys are missing one label. The one that is looks like nothing was ever put on it as well. They are heresy's and if there not there a darn fine knockoff, and quite possibly are better if they paid that much attention to detail. I mean if your going to go through that much trouble usually you would make it out of better wood or something. Again great score man I'm glad you got them that cheap. Not many Klipsch speakers in yard/ garage sales around these parts. Well you never know thats the thing. I told my neighbor lady if you ever see a Mcintosh amplifier buy it for me. 1.gif

----------------

On 6/8/2005 12:09:45 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

Ken,

Look for a serial number in the wood on the back. Older Klipsch had the number embossed into the wood.

If no one has mentioned it, you suck!!!

Bill
----------------

There is a copyright date of 1985 on the input terminal cup, so I know they are post 1985 (when I was born!). That mean anything (not my birth year, made post 1985)?

Ken,

My best guess is that the adhesive on the labels for the serial numbers gave up long ago. You may want to take a picture of the crossovers for better identification. Of course, updated crossovers will run more than the speakers.

Bill

There really is no difference between the tweed and normal grills. But if anything, the tweed is worse because it's less acoustically transparent. So if the black is more cosmetically appealing then I would say go for the black.

I'm not sure which would have a higher resell value though (not like you'll be selling them anyway)

Damn I'm good! What a deal that turned out to be huh Ken!

The next time your in there let me know if they have any DBX Digital Series gear or anything else of interest since they obviously cannot identify and post an item on line correctly to save their life.

Your Welcome!

----------------

On 6/8/2005 6:32:21 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Damn I'm good! What a deal that turned out to be huh Ken!

The next time your in there let me know if they have any DBX Digital Series gear or anything else of interest since they obviously cannot identify and post an item on line correctly to save their life.

Your Welcome!
----------------

Yes, thank you SO, SO, SO very much.

It is amazing how sometimes the pawn shops are full of absolute sh!t, and other times they have some decent gear!

Ken,

The HIIs didn't have the SN stamped into the back of the cabinets and the sticker, as you say, is gone.

Mine came the same way. Are the binding post cups round or rectangular? I think the round ones were older.

I took out a wookfer on mine and found a dated inspection sticker inside. They cranked these out so fast that I figure the date on the sticker was close enough for me. Still wish I had the SN on mine but it doesn't really matter.

Congrats and enjoy. btw, they sound great with tubes.

Marvel