New home for beloved Khorns!

jorjen

Well, the wife and I bit the bullet yesterday and signed our life away for a new home. We have been on a waiting list for months now and our number came up at yesterdays phase release. It has been a waiting game that was starting to wear us down. That is now over. We will be going from the 1400 square footer that we have lived in for 13 years to 2800 sq. ft.. Plenty of room for the seven of us. You know, myself, my wife and son, the two dogs AND the Khorns.

That's the best part. The office/den in the new house will be much better for the Khorns. Larger, no windows adjacent to either corner(good corners), slightly taller ceiling and room behind the listening position.3.gif Sad part is it will not be ready until approx. Feb. 2006.

Anyway, pretty excited and had to share it with the other family.2.gif

Jordan, ya know I've been thinking, with a home that size, it seems to me that a single pair of Khorns won't be enough. I think you had better start planning on getting a 2nd set for your son . . . . I sure that he will thank me!

Also, it would be a good idea to get him a BB Xtreme while you are at it, with the cream option, of course. Glad to be of help2.gif

Jordan,

A new home and a move up to boot now that is a very good thing. Congrats. I know how excitng the new home feeling is. But I agree now you need more speakers, I mean double th square footage should mean at least double the speakers right?9.gif Congrats again Feb 06 is not too far away.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, we are very happy. My wife has wanted this badly for a long time. The best part of the whole thing is finally getting off my butt and making it happen for her.

As far as other speakers go, I still have a complete Synergy(SF2's, etc.)5.1 surround system and a complete Reference(RF-5's, RSW-15, etc.)7.1 system. Plus a set of KG-2's that my niece is using. So, I am not hurting for speakers. In the new place I will probably go all in-wall/in-ceiling Reference stuff and sell most of the stuff I just mentioned. I will probably use The Thor in-wall 10" subwoofers and amp from Earthquake Sound for the low end/LFE. My mind is racing3.gif. We have so many decisions we have to make in the upcoming weeks relating to options and upgrades and here I am thinking of what I am going to do about all the audio stuff. Guess my priorities are in the right place2.gif.

Congrats on the new home! The time to move in will come sooner than you think! There will be much to do after move-in so get your priorities straight,

1) move in stereo gear and setup. This will be important for entertainment while moving in all the other boxes.

2) Once all boxes are moved in, setup the HT system first. You can eat on paper plates while you enjoy your first movie in your new home.

3) Think about in-wall speakers while you are unpacking the boxes then decide that nothing less than all Cornwalls or Khorns will do for your HT and 2 ch!

4) While out shopping for plants for the new yard, go to every stereo store, yard sale and add in the newspaper to get the afore mentioned heritage speakers!

5) Stop by the lawyers office to draw up divorce papers and get custody of the speakers and house (the divorce is due to items 1 through 4)

6) Setup the speakers in the house the way YOU want them.

7) Reconcile with the wife under the condition that the speakers stay the way they are!

8) Enjoy total bliss with the wife while cranking the music!

After 24 years of marriage, I feel qualified to give some advice on the subject. The advice is do not follow the above sequence and skip to #8 as time and expenses allow! Congrats again on the new home!

----------------

On 6/19/2005 12:06:45 PM jorjen wrote:

Well, the wife and I bit the bullet yesterday and signed our life away for a new home. We have been on a waiting list for months now and our number came up at yesterdays phase release. It has been a waiting game that was starting to wear us down. That is now over. We will be going from the 1400 square footer that we have lived in for 13 years to 2800 sq. ft.. Plenty of room for the seven of us. You know, myself, my wife and son, the two dogs AND the Khorns.

That's the best part. The office/den in the new house will be much better for the Khorns. Larger, no windows adjacent to either corner(good corners), slightly taller ceiling and room behind the listening position.
3.gif
Sad part is it will not be ready until approx. Feb. 2006.

Anyway, pretty excited and had to share it with the other family.
2.gif
----------------

Congrats on the new home. In your part of the Santa Clara Valley, (if I remember correctly), new homes and prices are at a premium, but also a wonderful investment. I certainly hope you have room to keep your woodwork going so I can pay you to rebuild my Khorns in Ebony. 3.gif

Enjoy your new home. There's nothing like moving into it when it's new. You will be surprised how soon February arrives.

Klipsch out.