Klipschorns and lascalas for sale

chambers1517

About an hour ago I sent you an email through this forum to request pictures and it bounced ("sorry, no mailbox here by that name") .

I am interested in learning more about what you have for sale.

Do the cabinets, grills, crossovers, or hardware have any physical or functional problems, damage, flaws, or imperfections?

Is there any evidence that these have been subject to exposure to direct sunlight, moisture, water, or mold and is there any musty, smoke, or other odors emanating from these?

Are all of the parts the original-equipment Klipsch factory installed components and/or have any of the components ever been replaced, repaired, modified, or altered in any way?

Are all three speakers and crossovers in each cabinet working properly?

What are the serial numbers and/or date of manufacture on these?

Do you have their original cartons and/or their original owner's/operator's instruction/user manuals and papers?

----------------

On 6/20/2005 8:13:13 AM Corvette6769 wrote:

About an hour ago I sent you an email through this forum to request pictures and it bounced ("sorry, no mailbox here by that name") .

I am interested in learning more about what you have for sale.

Do the cabinets, grills, crossovers, or hardware have any physical or functional problems, damage, flaws, or imperfections?

Is there any evidence that these have been subject to exposure to direct sunlight, moisture, water, or mold and is there any musty, smoke, or other odors emanating from these?

Are all of the parts the original-equipment Klipsch factory installed components and/or have any of the components ever been replaced, repaired, modified, or altered in any way?

Are all three speakers and crossovers in each cabinet working properly?

----------------

He says "close to mint". Anyway, newer Khorns like that in nice shape could get anywhere from $1800 to $2500? Newer La Scalas can go for around $800 to $1100 a pair. The more information you provide the better price estimates the good people on this forum can provide. Serial numbers at the very least. Heck it's probably the best place to sell them too.

Here are the khorn serials- 058591440 & 058591441 and the lascala serials are 025494342 & 025494343. The center lascala is behind a perforated screen that I have to take down to get the serial. It is newer and has never been stained. The others are stained to match the khorns. All 5 have the factory components and look like new. The only flaws are a slight scuff on one khorn. Only noticable from up close. I am unable to accomodate these in my new house or I would never sale. I have had them since new. I will probably sale these or trade for a klipsch thx ultra system.

I am still doing the theater but I have a 120 inch Stewart studiotek screen. This was a great deal a friend made me. The screen is not perforated and I don't have room underneath for a lascala. After having 5 matching speakers I would never be happy with anything other than a lascala between the khorns. All 5 speakers have the al3 networks. I bought all 5 new and they have never been touched.

To explain a little better. We are building a new house that won't be complete until Jan. We put ours on the market and already have a contract on it. My projector and screen stays. A friend had an optima h79 with the stewart screen and had to sell it so I bought it. So instead of having to store my klipsch I decided to sell since my center is too big to go under the new screen.

Man, your stuff you do what you think you have to do...but my $0.02.

1) Get a smaller screen so you can use the LS as a center.

2) Raise your seating area to view the current screen when it is up high enough to clear the LS

3) Something I have not thought of

I have a 96 inch screen with khorn mains and Heresies in the rear/back. I can't imagine how nice KH/LS all around would sound.

Getting rid of that equipment when you already have it is hard for me to understand. Best of luck to you...hope you don't regret it.

Here is a question for everyone. My current room is only 14 foot wide. I sit 14 foot back from the screen. I can tell a big difference when I move forward. The khorns really open up and sound much better. My new room will be about 20 foot wide and I will still sit about 14 foot back. Is this back enough to be optimal. Also my center lascala is up in the wall now with the tweeter level with the khorn tweeters. Will it sound as good sitting on the floor?