gulf coast

dtel

• Moderators

I only know of a couple of members fastlane and ygmn, if you haven't heard, watch the weather it looks like it will get a little windy and wet this week. If it gets to be above cat 1 or 2 we are out of here and we are about 60 miles north of new orleans, all we got from this last storm was about 60mph winds and 4 inches of rain this next storm should be alot more.

We are under contract for a house on the Atlantic coast, and can't get insurance at the moment. If there is an active hurricane in the Atlantic, they stop writing any insurance policies until it is gone. This one looks like it will miss our new house, but it might hit us here in Northern AL, 300 miles from the Gulf.

Good luck to all in the path.

Dennis must be IVANS twin...

heading to same place within 30 miles or so... angle is bit different...

I am no 20 miles north of New Orleans and should be OK..little wet...maybe some bracnhes downed....but ok...

Now my father...he is in the back bay of destin...in soem bayou...on his new boat riding it out....and no talking him out of it...

I am praying....very hard....and very much...

12.gif

ADDED:

here is national hurricane site...a favorite in my browser:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

check it out...this bad boy will remain a hurricane a long way into CONUS...

it will pass thur Alabama and then head into central Mississippi as a hurricane....so there will be some problems in those states on this current path as of 11pm EDT

Folks in the Tampa Bay area were spared this time with little damage. Here in Lakeland (45 miles east of Tampa) we had a few rain bands sweep past us with severe wind gusts up to 40 MPH and torrenchial rain, but we seem to be out of its wake as Dennis moves up the Gulf towards the western panhandle.

God speed to everyone still in its path!

• Moderators

We are still at home it went a little more east , Fastlane or at least his house ,if he left, should be very close, 20 miles or so to 145 Mph winds. Hope you left, good luck.

I'm still home. We waited to see if it was coming here. We were ready to leave this morning. I have a good friend in Pensacola. Looks like there and east (Ft. Walton) is going to get the brunt. It's raining here heavily with hard wind gusts. The company I work for donated 50 truckloads of ice after 4 storms last year. I was involved in handing out about 15 or so. Looks like I'll have a busy summer this year as well.