Crown Amplifiers

arfandbark

So what is everyone's thoughts on these crown models, along with these BGW's.

The OP hasn't signed in to the forum in the past year and a half. Who knows about the rest of the posters. You'd be better off starting a current thread.

I have macrotech 1200 on the shelf, will have to use it to blow some dust out of these LSI's over Labor Day weekend. Got a QSC 1400 that'd prob do nicely for the mid/hi's when I BIAMP these bad boys. That should get the neighbor's attention. I can finally get him back for using his leaf blower every Sunday last fall!

Michael

beeker likes this

I didnt bump it nor read it although i will have to keep my crown and bgw amps! They are keepers

In looking through the thread, I noticed that you may have at least read post 5 by colterphoto1 since it has your 'like' by it. :biggrin:

The OP hasn't signed in to the forum in the past year and a half

Hey it was worth a shot, I figured if anything. You or Colter would chime in. But I was planning on, and did start a new thread, maybe you would be willing to chime it on the other thread. As you have a modded D45, or at least list one in your sig.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150389-defference-between-crown-d45d60d75/

I have macrotech 1200 on the shelf, will have to use it to blow some dust out of these LSI's over Labor Day weekend. Got a QSC 1400 that'd prob do nicely for the mid/hi's when I BIAMP these bad boys. That should get the neighbor's attention. I can finally get him back for using his leaf blower every Sunday last fall!

Michael

Man this is OLD. I've got 3x K2 amps now for the PA, and JBL/Urie 6260 runs the shop MCM's... bunch of stuff here. 3xMT 1200 in monitor rig. Have a few I'd sell probably need to get hopping on some product photography and garage sale items. Lets' see DC300IIA, D150A, some others...

Hey it was worth a shot, I figured if anything. You or Colter would chime in. But I was planning on, and did start a new thread, maybe you would be willing to chime it on the other thread. As you have a modded D45, or at least list one in your sig.

The D45 I have is a very nice amp.

As far as stock pro amps go, I really like the QSC's I have on my Reference speakers. I had a quad of Crowns before the QSC PLX2's.

Michael

beeker likes this

I didnt bump it nor read it although i will have to keep my crown and bgw amps! They are keepers

In looking through the thread, I noticed that you may have at least read post 5 by colterphoto1 since it has your 'like' by it. :biggrin:

that is very ironic. i have read this thread befor although surely didnt bump it lol I do remember giving colterphoto1 the positive marking when i read this thread i believe about 6 or 7 months ago...i didnt bump it...its simply irony...if anything was bumped between about 430pm and 11pm it was not me i was far away from any pc...I have bumped the headcount thread and the 2015 pilgrimage thread and would sew it up for me...

nonetheless i have to say i have read as much as old posts as new ones....including archives i have dug up from other forums to anything to do with the history of klipsch....it is my hobby...i have to say im split between the ones that bump old stuff due to interest in old facts and figures to the bumps that are just stale and have no use...

really if you want to blame me go ahead...regardless i do not bump old threads although i am guilty of ready as far back as i can get to stuff that has been established then i move on....cheers all...the bumping is pretty dumb in many cases and should only be done rarely...not multiple times per day...I have a feeling i know of one person that is picking at another...i do not know why they are bumped...its really getting stupid with the amounts of bumps on stale and out of date info....The first time or 2 i thought is was interesting now its going to far....I do feel like making threads like this are going to provoke the ones or peeps that bump oldies to keep on bumping them...my vote is likely going to become take the bumping off the options....man some of the bumping is so stupid....

CHEERS ALL!!

• Moderators

Michael

Man this is OLD. I've got 3x K2 amps now for the PA, and JBL/Urie 6260 runs the shop MCM's... bunch of stuff here. 3xMT 1200 in monitor rig. Have a few I'd sell probably need to get hopping on some product photography and garage sale items. Lets' see DC300IIA, D150A, some others...

:o

Y'all went and rattled his cage and now he's loose, I told you he was still alive. :P

He's still around he just got a new hobby, laying on island beaches 1000 miles south, I think he is now a bikini inspector, or training for the job at least.

Edited by dtel

Iv been reading all yer alls posts for years...colterphoto1 is 1 man iv followed his posts for some time...Im glad he's finding time off from the bikini inspection organization to put some posts on the forum...through years of reading and a couple nearly as a member on the forum i have learned more than i ever thought was possible...the no bs that follows klipsch is key....and also testing gear for yourself a-z seems never ending to me and i have hit my limit in a way although from what others do have i hope to have invites to get a listen to klipsch gear thats just too big....this summer or the next couple months im putting together some time and money to do just this and travel as much as possible to learn....

by the way....theres only a couple crown amps i havnt seen(actually i cant think of one lol) and i have one style of near all crown amps and its gonna stay that way lol there are 3 more i want to get to round out my collection then i will go for the elusive crown amp that is tubed and 175 watts per monoblock lol iv seen it and i know where one presides and its likely buckled down with a camera on it and well beyond my affordability unless i sell out a bit lol so just 3 more and i will have basically every style of crown amp made...several still in boxes that are opened of coarse

crown is a standard in sound reproduction and for home use you simply cannot go wrong ... i have 2 mighty bgw's staring at me everyday and 2 crowns that prove their worth every time i pop some corn...sure many crowns just have way more power than needed in a home yet they always put the watts you need into your ears as they should...even the chinese ones are quite nice...with some processing the d class crowns cannot be beat....I have used near all the norm average power and pro amplifiers and cannot find a reason not to go with crown power and never have to service them...cant get enough crown to the one who bumped this oldie! from old crown to new they have and always will be here to stay...get ya some! :)

• Like 1