The MC-30's have arrived!!!

Timmikid

After a long wait they are here, in my room! I cannot believe it. Thanks to all the friends here on the forum. Dave audible nectar, Joe Auwen, great work and service from Terry, Dodger pulling some strings, Craig working along with it and providing me with tubes through Dave and all you other guys here offering me sympathy and mental and practical help. Also at times it didn't look like these babies would ever be in my room. The party has begun and the neigborhood will never be the same again. Don't forget to join when you are in Holland.

What sound, What looks!!!

post-13557-13819267291396_thumb.jpg

Tim, congratulations on finally getting a pair of MC-30's in your home. I know you will like them. Now all you have to do is pay them off and start saving for your next purchase. 2.gif Remember to try to the 4 ohm speaker connection, I find it sounds better than the 8.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask now that you are a member of the club.

Don

----------------

On 7/16/2005 3:45:11 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

That second photo should be captioned 'madman in action'! Those Grado's (as well as the rest of your system is BAAADDD!). I see you are an 'industrial' man also. Bet that system really rips. Review please?

Michael
----------------

'madman in action' Snif! (tears of joy) That is one of the greatest compliments I've ever had. 10.gif Review later, but indeed the system rocks! I did modify the Industrials with replacing the woofer to a regular LS woofer (K33-M was it?) and I got myself a rebuilt network from Bob, thank you too man! At one speaker I am still wrestling with one tweeter diaphram. Bob was so nice to bump this thread for me, but now I am having a beer, because it's after 11.00 PM here. Done fiddling, started drinking (need to get my adrenaline level down a bit). 9.gif Tim.

----------------

On 7/16/2005 3:53:08 PM Dflip wrote:

Tim, congratulations on finally getting a pair of MC-30's in your home. I know you will like them. Now all you have to do is pay them off and start saving for your next purchase.
2.gif
Remember to try to the 4 ohm speaker connection, I find it sounds better than the 8.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask now that you are a member of the club.

Don
----------------

Thanks Don! I think I paid every bill. They were not as high as they could have been on epay. That's another reason why I am so grateful and why this really is a great forum. I will follow your tracks and I am saving for some juice! 3.gif Tim.

What network did you put in your LSI's? Are they the fibreglass ones or pebble paint? SPlit or one piece?

I've got a stack with extra bass bins plus a pair of regular LS Br in garage right now. all have the AL 'trainwreck' network.

Michael