Do Heritage owners ever buy new?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------

"..there have been many posts here lamenting the absolute dearth of any dealers that actually have Heritage series speakers in stock or on display.."

---------------------------

I have searched for a 'local' dealer (Referance and/or Heritage)and NONE exist! In Fact, the dealer I bought my Klipsch sub from 10? years ago was bought out and hasn't had Klipsch in stock or on display for at least 5 years now . . . heck, they even closed one of their two stores when the first best buy came to town and their remaining store only had a couple pair of paridigm? speakers in it when I went there trying to buy new speakers last month . . .

even though they are Still listed on the Klipsch site as an authorised dealer, they said they haven't been for quite some time . . .

btw, they didn't even have so much as a Single pair of speakers (any brand) in their "listening room" connected and ready for an audition . . . pitiful

last 'local' (within 50 miles of my westend Richmond, VA home)

----------------

On 7/20/2005 10:17:02 PM tkdamerica wrote:

----------------

On 7/20/2005 9:07:00 PM garymd wrote:

DeanG and Tom Longo both bought their Khorns new fairly recently.

----------------

Dean bought those new? Wow! It appears he is already tearing them apart
6.gif
I wonder what was wrong with them
2.gif

Anyone else?

----------------

I bought a set of Heresy IIs new this spring. I'm in Ohio(the state right next to the state with Klipsch headquarters) and the closest Heritage Dealer was 2 hours away. He was really more of a Car Audio Installation joint and sure didn't stock any Klipsch. That said, he ordered me the speakers and they arrived in 3-4 weeks. The quality of work at Hope is outstanding. I swear you could still smell fresh lacquer and cut wood. They sound fantastic and look beautiful.

With rumors from the Pilgimage of some possible Heritage improvements, I'm looking forward to the upcoming formal announcements and plan on buying some more new Heritage.

there have been posts by people buying new Heritage speakers, about 100 Khorns are sold each year, but they just don't hang around DIY bulletin boards...10.gif

PS. I bought my KSW sub at a dealer, oops, sorry it was a clearance special!

1.gif

----------------

On 7/21/2005 8:18:20 AM Colin wrote:

there have been posts by people buying new Heritage speakers, about 100 Khorns are sold each year, but they just don't hang around DIY bulletin boards...
10.gif

----------------

[blockquote>

----------------

On 7/21/2005 7:52:45 AM scott0527 wrote:

I bought a set of Heresy IIs new this spring. I'm in Ohio(the state right next to the state with Klipsch headquarters) and the closest Heritage Dealer was 2 hours away. He was really more of a Car Audio Installation joint and sure didn't stock any Klipsch. That said, he ordered me the speakers and they arrived in 3-4 weeks.

----------------

They may not be hanging around DIY bulletin boards, but having to go to car audio installers 6.gif

I have been to 4 dealers recently with 2 goals--Hear the THX Ultra II's and check on the availability of the heritage line. No one had Heritage in stock but they could order them.

Insofar as the THX line--The first "dealer" I went to was a persons house (residential area with a "no soliciting" sign at the entrance) who didn't have them setup properly and nearly blew my eardrums out when they switched sources at full volume. The other 2 dealers when I called said they had the THX system on display. When I drove to check them out BOTH THX theaters had something wrong with them (one was a sub problem and the other was amp problem) and they couldn't let me audition them.14.gif

---------------------

TDKAMERICA WROTE:

"...but having to go to car audio installers

I have been to 4 dealers recently with 2 goals--Hear the THX Ultra II's and check on the availability of the heritage line. No one had Heritage in stock but they could order them.

Insofar as the THX line--The first "dealer" I went to was a persons house (residential area with a "no soliciting" sign at the entrance) who didn't have them setup properly and nearly blew my eardrums out when they switched sources at full volume. The other 2 dealers when I called said they had the THX system on display. When I drove to check them out BOTH THX theaters had something wrong with them (one was a sub problem and the other was amp problem) and they couldn't let me audition them.."

----------------------------------

Much better stated then the point I was trying to make . . .

Even without entering 'budget' into the discussion, it's hard enough for me to audition / purchase Klipsch Referance Series locally, let alone Heritage!

----------------

On 7/21/2005 10:01:10 AM Petrol wrote:

Even without entering 'budget' into the discussion, it's hard enough for me to audition / purchase Klipsch Referance Series locally, let alone Heritage!

----------------

At least in my area I realize that the closing of Ultimate Electronics has not been good for Klipsch. They had their negative aspects, but attractiveness of stores and set up wasn't the problem -- in fact I miss having them in the market.

I really wish Klipsch would reconsider getting back in Tweeter stores. That would help BOTH companies. I wonder if the Magnolia stores are going to be carrying the Reference and Heritage lines.

I didn't mention the 4th Klipsch dealer I visited. The salesperson was very nice and was the only one that gave me specific Informational literature. Unfortunately he only had a pair of RF-7's and RF-5's in stereo situations with a RC-35 sitting on the floor. The only HT setup they had was an Athena (I think that was the name). He was the closest dealer to me and wasn't even listed on the Klipsch web site as being one. He more than likely will be the person I will strike up a relationship.

I must concur with many who have mentioned the difficulty or inability to locate a Heritage or Pro dealer who actually deals with the product (meaning they ever physically have any!)! I mention this as many of the website's listings are wrong and I have spoken with quite a few surprised vendors, and a few (aware vendors) who acknowledged that the listings are wrong.

It makes alot more sense to me why the fellow in Florida (?) purchased his Jubilees from someone in Oregon(?). I suspect that may have been the closest dealer who was actually familiar with the product that he could find!9.gif (It's hyperbole folks! I don't need a list of all the exceptions! But the overall point is valid!)