Does any know great comedy movies?

thxsubwoofers

Here are a few that I really liked that were not mentioned yet:

American Pie, Am Pie 2 and American Wedding

Planes Trains and Automobiles - Steve Martin and John Candy - really funny.

Ferris Buellers Day off - 80's classic

Spinal Tap, Best of Show, Mighty Wind, Waiting for Guffman.

JM

Well, maybe not great, but:

Blazing Saddles

What About Bob?

Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men

Napoleon Dynamite

Dumb and Dumber

This is Spinal Tap

The New Kid

Monsters, Inc.

The Big Bus

Tremors (1)

Ghostbusters (1)

Ed Wood (prevously mentioned, but an excellent recommendation!)

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Bad Santa? My wife and I find the unrated Badder Santa very funny, but very adult.

I re-watch the Pixar movies all of the time, with Monsters, Inc. at the top. I have no young children. I think they are like Warner Bros. cartoons: made for adults and safe for kids.

Terry Gilliam movies are usually funny, though tragic, especially Brazil. I laugh throughout Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (goodbye Hunter...) Even 12 Monkeys has its hysterical moments, especially the ones with Brad Pitt. I still watch Time Bandits.

These bizarre funny ones are subtitled French films: Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, and Amelie.

Funny but sentimental: Pieces of April, In America, High Fidelity.

Two Coen Brothers movies were already mentioned: Raising Arizona and Fargo. Don't forget O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Hudsucker Proxy, and The Big Lebowski. They are a matter of taste. Not everyone likes them.

There is subtle, intelligent humor in The Royal Tannenbaums and The Life Aquatic. In a completely different venue: The Good Girl. You'll either get their humor or hate them.

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks Being John Malkovich, Mars Attacks!, Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimention, and Addams Family Values are funny. They're sci-f/fantasy farces.

Dark humor in Igby Goes Down and Secretary. Someone already mentioned Dogma and The Meaning of Life. Brazil falls into this category, too.

There are plenty more, but I'll finish with The Guru.