Any Wine Lovers Out There ?

sunburnwilly

I have a passion for wine , I was just curious if any other forum members out ther did also . Wine IMO is a much more sensitive and subjective subject than alot of the topics here on the forum ; maybe any , just curious if any of you felt this way . What do you like , whats in your collection , what do you enjoy on special occasions ? Being that Klipsch Products are made in Hope Arkansas ; which is Dry , is it wrong to enjoy spirits , in moderation of course ? Oh well , my 100th post , just wanted to do something constructive . 10.gif

The wife and I split two bottles last night while listening to the Grateful Dead, Helen Merrill, Van Morrison and Neil Young.

I am a Cab. person. Last nights bottles were a Ravenwood and This Hahn I liked the Hahn better, but he Ravenwood is a good everyday bottle due to the price.

We uncorked an 80 dollar bottle of Beringer (still have one in holding) last April for our 10th anniversary. That is about as pricy as I can stand for a consumablenow audio equipment that is another story.

Collection...they don't last long enough in my house to qualify as a collection.

Worked "the crush" about ten years in row in Napa from the mid-1980's until about ten years ago. I actually used to take VACATION time to go up and work my *** off. One of my college roommates owns a great winery in St. Helena in the Napa Valley. His two labels are Kent Rassmussen Winery (the BEST California Pinot--ANCIENT vines in Carneros) and Ramsay.

I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner nearly every day. Sometimes two!

http://www.kentrasmussenwinery.com/

kr_99_pn.jpg

I like wines, mostly French red, I hope to be able to start saving a thing or 2 when my new place is done. My favorite wine at any price is the Chateauneuf du Pape from Chateau La Nerthe. I also like some california wines: I really like the whites from Raumbaugher.

I used to be in some wine clubs, mmm wine shipped to my door every month; the laws changed in WI and now they cannot ship to me. So sad. Vinyards can still ship directly to a customer though so I'm all ears for any recommendations of vinyards that have wine clubs.

Interesting that some mentioned "Ravenswood". I recently discovered them also, at the price they are a very good value.

What is surprising is that last night I was engrossed in adjusting the level of my center channel (Cornwall as an additive center between a pair of K-Horns). Setting the level requires a great deal of experimentation to get the sound stage correct (or at least really good).

While doing this I was enjoying some Ravenswood Zinfindal and listening to a Mozart opera (Don Giovanni). I was in absolute heaven.

Although I am not sure that I ever got the level of center channel perfected. Oh well, another night...

Good luck,

-Tom

Hey Damon , The law has been changed . Wine can now be shiped to any state in the US . This happened in June . I love good Chateauneuf-Du-Pape too ; " Name translation , New House Of The Pope , for when the Vatican moved to the Southern Rhone Valley in France for a time " , I'm fond of the Beaucastle products . My real passion in wine are the Northern Rhone varieties , specificaly Cote Rotie and Hermitage . 10.gif

----------------

On 8/10/2005 3:51:41 AM crazytubepower wrote:

i love wine, just remember there will be no wine before it is time, it's time!
----------------

According to your profile , your time is in about 6 years . Unless you move to France , then your'e good .

7.gif

I'm a Zin fan, myself (although I also like most reds, and the occasional dry white). Carol Shelton, Nalle, A. Raffanelli, Swan, Rosenblum...all produced within an hour's drive of the fini estate. Ah, it's good to be (the jester for the) King...3.gif